So let me get this straight about IED's....

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

So let me get this straight about IED's....

With the recent "fix" we got you can now jump, crouch AND lay down to lessen the damage from an EXPLOSION.

Let's look at this LOGICALLY.

Player A places an IED on the floor of a building. Player B runs into the building and hears IED. Player B then LAYS DOWN ON TOP OF IED and it blows up. Player B now takes REDUCED DAMAGE FROM LAYING ON IT.

Another scenario. Player A places IED above the door frame. Player B rushes in again. Player B hears IED beep and JUMPS NEXT TO IED AND IT BLOWS UP NEXT TO HIS HEAD AND HE TAKES REDUCED DAMAGE.

Are you guys REALLY serious? This just shows how pathetic and whiny these little babies are when they get killed by something that doesn't fit with how they play, and also reflects on how poor of a development team IW is.

Why not just take out ALL explosions now? In core modes, all explosions are laughable at best, and even in HC now people are living with explosions right at their feet without even wearing blast shield.

Level 34
139 REPLIES

Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....

in reply to propipe

Well just to set part of the record straight, if you hear an IED and you lay down...on top of it...you will be blown to hell and back!  I have at least 3 fully documented cases just last night!  If anything got reduced in that respect is was how far it throws your lifeless body into the air!

I can't wait to see how tonight plays out for me!!

"Confusion to the Enemy"
Level 63

in reply to propipe

People abuse it. Dont abuse it, & nothing will happen to it. You try dealing with that when a whole team is using explosions & IEDs. Thats why they nerfed it. /thread

Level 11

in reply to PatMoran

PatMoran wrote:

People abuse it. Dont abuse it, & nothing will happen to it. You try dealing with that when a whole team is using explosions & IEDs. Thats why they nerfed it. /thread

How dumb of an answer is that? How can ANYONE abuse an IED? You get ONE unless you use a perk to get two. If they use a grenade launcher, they can have ZERO, and of they use a thermobaric/canister then the MAX amount of explosives are FOUR. Now by your logic, if a team uses all LMG's with extended mags they are abusing them as well. Or if a team is using all AR's they are abusing them.

As for a whole team using IED's I WOULD LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it as 99% of people will be within 20 feet of them and since I actually use a little perk called Sit Rep, I can see them and know where they are basically making a radar of sorts. It just goes to show that the whiny little babies who play this game are ruining it because they simply CANNOT or WILL NOT change or adapt to how another team or player is playing.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Okay, well I'm talking to a wall, so good day.

Level 11

in reply to propipe

I just hate trash-tossers. I don't have a problem with IED's in general, but people that just randomly throw them into corners just... I hate them (I'm fine with people using them tactically to cover their backs though).

Level 1

in reply to Strategist97

Now, I'm not saying you did or have been, but...if you are getting killed by the IED that was "just thrown into a corner," then I'd say the tactic-less idiot got you with his bad tactics.

I get just as peeved whenever I am killed by an IED that was just thrown in the middle of nowhere, so I understand your sentiment, but to be honest... I get a little upset about IEDs in general, when I'm having bad days, due to my own deficiency in skill of not observing my surroundings well. I mean... the damn thing has a little light for chrissakes. What more can we ask for?

Honestly... I've never understood any post condemning the IED. To me, it's just a bunch of people who wish they were just a little smarter to not get killed by it, but are unwilling to admit they are the only ones to blame.

Level 12

in reply to propipe

Not true, you can have a grenade launcher with 2 shells, the extra lethal perk giving you 2 ied's.   Using danger close and watch out.

Level 3

in reply to beamer

beamer wrote:

Not true, you can have a grenade launcher with 2 shells, the extra lethal perk giving you 2 ied's.   Using danger close and watch out.

WRONG. The grenade launcher REPLACES YOUR LETHAL. You cannot equip ANYTHING in your lethal slot when you have the grenade launcher equipped.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Half right half wrong.

If you use the under barrel grenade launcher attachment you lose your lethal as you stated.

It has nothing to do with your secondary weapons as launchers

If you equip the Kastet (grenade launcher) as your secondary weapon you still keep your IED and with extra lethal perk have the 2 ied's and 2 grenades for 4 explosions.

Level 3

Studios