So reload cancelling was OP?!?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

So reload cancelling was OP?!?

According to the fine folks over there at IW it must have been, since they've taken it away.  I'm pretty disappointed by this.  It's been in every call of duty that I can remember and they get rid of it now?  It just doesn't make any sense to me that this would even be on the radar.  There were very few people who even did it from what I saw.  Of all the things wrong with the game and they mess with something that wasn't broken or a problem to begin with.  I don't remember 1 single thread complaining about this.  Does anyone else?

Level 29
21 REPLIES

Re: So reload cancelling was OP?!?

in reply to WKMMS

I can still cancel my reload with a quick sprint and im pretty sure YY still works as long as you have a secondary weapon. hope this helped

Level 4

Interesting... so they just stopped it from cancelling the bolt-action on the snipers, or more specifically the L115, since the USR shoots faster normally then if you reload cancel.  That makes even less sense to me now.  If you put the chrome barrel on the USR it does the same damage as the L115, but shoots faster and you can move faster with it. 

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

makes sense to me considering you have to attach the chrome to reach that potential. so I see no problem

Level 4

I never use chrome barrel.. don't see the point of attaching something that the only benefit is that it allows you to kill to the thigh... my aim is decent enough.  The silencer is a much better choice on the USR because there is zero damage penalty and you get to stay off radar when you fire. 

The L115 feels irrelevant in the face of the USR. 

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

It was a broken mechanic. Shoot a round off from the bolt action, reload cancel, shoot another round. Um, what? How did that round get into the chamber. As for the USR, yeah, its going to be nerfed soon.

Level 20

in reply to NoLifeKing32

ya I would call that broken go out to the range with a long gun and let me see you chamber another round without pulling the bolt back...Not bashing your statement just agreeing with it....

Level 2

in reply to Cobradavis

absolutely, it is impossible and it was a glitch, but if they're going to fix it, be consistent and fix it entirely for all weapons...

Level 29

in reply to NoLifeKing32

to be fair, reload cancelling has been available for a long ass time and many people use the other variation of it all the time, which, if we are going to be technical about it, is qually broken and shaves about 1 second off your reload time.   It was only really used before by montage makers, but since they made the RoF so unnecessarily slow on the DSR and now the L115 it had some practical use for general sniping, though taking your hand off the right stick to hit reload and then sprint cancelling and trying to aim and get off another shot requires a bit of co-ordination and is tricky enough to use effectively against an aware opponent. 

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

If you're referring to the snipers, they fixed an exploit which allowed you to cancel a bolt-pull by reload cancelling. Dramatically increasing the ROF of a gun is definitely considered OP.

Level 35

Studios