So, who's making the move tonight?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: So, who's making the move tonight?

in reply to Kandagawa

Kandagawa wrote:

The dedicated servers for the hybrid system are going live tomorrow. Practically everyone already knows this because people have been whining about how IW lied to the playerbase ever since Ghost launched.

As for the subject at large, no, I won't be switching. None of the games on the next gen are worth investing in until at least next year.

FALSE. They have ZERO idea when they will be going live. A forum member got a response back from Activision from Twitter and this was their EXACT conversation

@ATVIAssist any updates on dedicated servers for Xbox 360? WE DEMAND TO KNOW! Don't leave us behind! - 20 Nov

Activision Support@ATVIAssist

@_stter We do not have any details or information in regards to dedicated servers available at this time...

As you can see it was dated the 20th, which was YESTERDAY.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Why would anyone trust the Support staff? No one tells the dregs of a company jack, and they're frequently (no matter the company) wrong.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to squirrelness

I made the move to PS4 actually. Was hoping (though wasn't expecting) that connections would be better on next-gen. Sadly, as I expected, this was not the case. I doubt dedicated servers will go live when Xbox One released, but again, I can hope.

Level 8

in reply to MysticJon1

I have my fingers very much crossed for better connections overall with the dedicated servers.  If not, well, at least I am moving to Germany in January so that might possibly make things better (or worse, haha) and there's always Titanfall next March, right?  EDIT:  At least I will have Titanfall (sorry, didn't think about it being exclusive when I typed my response, not trying to rub it in. )

Level 11

in reply to squirrelness

I'm not moving. Staying with 360 until the next release of COD or until my 360 dies. If this thread were an indicator so far, you might have problems finding many full lobbys. 9v9 isn't relevant when there aren't many players in the first place.

Level 4

in reply to djacks4001

Haha, I am a bit concerned about finding lobbies, but pretty much all of my friends are making the jump tonight (or this weekend) and there are simply a lot of people who are getting a One who don't post here (or any message board for that matter.)

Level 11

in reply to squirrelness

squirrelness wrote:

Haha, I am a bit concerned about finding lobbies, but pretty much all of my friends are making the jump tonight (or this weekend) and there are simply a lot of people who are getting a One who don't post here (or any message board for that matter.)

Well, I am exaggerating kind of. I'm sure there will be some switching. But you would think with all the enthusiasts there would be some activity on the Xbone forums? I would pretty much bet the 360 will have a much larger playerbase than the Xbone will (at least until the next COD is released). 

Level 4

in reply to djacks4001

I knew you were exaggerating. 

I agree about the One forums.  I don't post there much because no one else seems to.  I'm hoping that those of us making the move will at least spend a little time over there in the coming days and that we'll get some 'new blood' as well with the console releasing tonight. 

Level 11

in reply to djacks4001

djacks400 wrote:

I'm not moving. Staying with 360 until the next release of COD or until my 360 dies. If this thread were an indicator so far, you might have problems finding many full lobbys. 9v9 isn't relevant when there aren't many players in the first place.

Same here, I'm going to wait until mine takes a dump or someone decides to give me one, which either comes first. Seeing how cod is the only game I play now, I can't really justify to myself to buy a new console for one game...

Level 32

in reply to squirrelness

I know the native resolution for both systems(360 and One) are the same, 720P, so what makes you think the graphics are better? Is it supposed to have a higher refresh rate or frame rate? Not a dig, just not sure how they could be better if the resolutions are the same.

Level 6

Studios