Something wrong with my Sniper Rifle..

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Something wrong with my Sniper Rifle..

Yes I know about the patch. It's not to do with that. Really, I'm happy with what they did with the snipers, but I've noticed something wrong with my L115. I am getting an awful lot of misses when I am dead on target, and also I'm getting hits when I was way off target. Also, hitmarkers are becoming more common, despite the fact I use Chrome Barrel. Thoughts?

Level 11
38 REPLIES

Re: Something wrong with my Sniper Rifle..

in reply to iKushtyy

good

Level 2

in reply to iKushtyy

Honestly... and no offense intended.... when I am having trouble with a weapon I look at the one constant... the guy holding it. I look at how I am using it, change up my attachments, work on my playstyle.. how I attack... etc etc.

I find that most times I can correct the issue myself.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

"I'm dead on someone and get no hitmarker" Explain to me how changing his playstyle will fix that?

Level 11

No offence taken, but I know it ain't me. Something is off. Sometimes I'll lead a target, sometimes I'm zero'd on the character, and not get a hit. But sometimes I trail the target and get a hit :/ .. Something's off...

Level 11

in reply to iKushtyy

iKushtyy wrote:

No offence taken, but I know it ain't me. Something is off. Sometimes I'll lead a target, sometimes I'm zero'd on the character, and not get a hit. But sometimes I trail the target and get a hit :/ .. Something's off...

ADS delay.  It was brought back when 3arc got rid of it because all it does it artificially adds to the time it takes to ADS.  This means that, despite having fully ADS'd, you cannot get a 100% accurate shot until a little time afterwards.  In sum, you're better off shooting before you fully ADS if you need a quick kill.  I find the L115 a bit inconsistent compared to the USR.

Level 31

I'm pretty sure he said he was on target and missing. not that he sucked. I really don't understand why so many ppl are defending this game when there obviously problems with it.

Level 4

in reply to ScavengerHunt

I fail to see where I said he "sucked" or "Defended the game".

My point was simply 9/10 times when I have an issue I can usually find what I am doing wrong and correct it. I was wondering if this might be the case. There are plenty of times when I have thought I was right on target and after slowing down and checking myself found that I was either ahead or behind the player.

Don't put words in my mouth.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to ScavengerHunt

I think the issue has more to do with peoples personal connections than anything to do with the game, playing on a stable connection I've never really had many lag issues but I've played at friends houses where the gameplay is consistantly almost unplayable.

Level 4

in reply to iKushtyy

take a break from the gun. Play with a different gun for a week then comeback. It happens to everyone, sometimes you just get unlucky. It may be lag i found i get more hitmarkers with every gun when there is lag in the lobby. Test the lag while reloading and the amount of time it takes to get fall damage when you fall. Is it right away or a split second later.

Level 10

Studios