Soundwhoring and amplify

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Soundwhoring and amplify

in reply to IIIF1SHY

Who said anything about crouch walking??

You only do that when you're right outside the room where SitRep shows enemy equipment. Approach the room like normal then, right before entering the room, crouch walk around to a different access and kill the camper from behind.

Other than that, even people that were "sound whoring" rarely pay attention to the sounds.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

I mentioned crouch walking.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

Man, I think everybody in the forums is drunk as skunks tonight.

I was replying to fishy. And everything you just said is exactly what I said but with fewer words!!! LOL!

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to IIIF1SHY

Who said anything about crouch walking around the entire map? Anyone with common sense would know that it takes too long to do that so, as common sense dictates, you should crouch walk around the areas that people are known for going to. Wouldnt you rather crouch walk and avoid those with Amplify and TBs than run in full force everywhere and getting yourself killed more than half of the time due to your own stupidity? I would have thought that would have been a simple yes, but you are too stubborn for that aren't you? You expect the developer to do everything for you and hold your hand the whole time. You need to grow up and understand that the developer wont change every little thing just because it provides a challenge for you that can easily be avoided most of the time by helping yourself.

Crouch walking is not essential. But it does help a lot. It goes back to what I said about having to change our playstyle just a little bit. But if you are giving this much of a fuss about it, that tells me you refuse to change just a tiny bit to fit in with the new ways of the game. If every COD were the same year after year because of people constantly complaining about things that they themselves can avoid, then hardly anyone would be playing and this series would have stopped years ago and all that would have been released is map packs.

You cant always rely on what you used to do. I have played this series since COD4. Do you think I have played every COD the same way over the past 6 years without changing anything in my playstyle? Hell no. Because I am a COD veteran and I KNOW that in order to play in this series you HAVE to change your playstyle just a little if you want to keep playing.

The developers are not going to always hold your hand anymore. The training wheels are coming off, it is up to YOU to keep the bike balanced as you ride it.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

Im not sure if that was directed at me but your insults are misguided.

Level 6

in reply to IIIF1SHY

My comment WAS directed toward you. Who else would i be saying that too? And i didnt insult you. The part about stupidity is how i view the constant running into things you can avoid.

Since you only commented back with that i am only assuming you have nothing to say in response to common sense that 3 people here have already presented. This is common with people who just complain without anything more than frustration of always getting beat by something they can avoid.

Level 37

in reply to IIIF1SHY

If there wasn't a counter to "Dead Silence" (I think they should have renamed it to Lightweight or something) then it will have been more expensive, especially as you no longer sacrifice unlimited sprint for the privilege.  People hated on MLC in MW2 and having fast players silent will aggravate that.  You were better off using Ninja than Commando in MW2 but whatever.  I mean it will be better than Incog and that costs 3 points as it is.

But then make Dead Silence so that you can't hear anything else as if you're playing with no sound on your TV etc.  That way you can't soundwhore other people by silencing your own footsteps and then it will be truely a stealth option.

Level 31

in reply to IIIF1SHY

adapt, if you dont wanna use DS then you are gonna get sound whored, I dont wanna use DS, but i recognize that people are listening for movement, so i use it and amplify

DS shouldn't be completely silent, and it basically is for players not using amplify, if they are using it, then they are spending a perk to use it, where they could be using something else.. it is alot easier to hear in this game oppose to Bo2, being I used awareness on every class in bo2, and i could still hear DS players in that as well.. it was hard to, but u could

however i do want them to nerf it and lower the ability, because less people will use it , while Ill still use it and get a bigger jump on people like i did in bo2

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to Lucent76

First off I'm a sound whore. I haven't played without headphones for over 5 years and continue to upgrade them.

I'm happy the sound is more like it used to be. BO2 had been a very big change with sound, but I adapted and got used to it after time, no complaints. Now we need to adapt again. Guess why? Its a new game.

This change is another perfect example of how CoD is not a progression, title to title searching for the perfect game. Each is completely different and needs to be respected as a stand alone title. The developers have their own ideas and preferences.

In my warped view for a lone time, I didn't understand why every title was moving more and more away from CoD4. It wasn't until I had to dig very deep in BO2 to realize the problem wasn't the developers or the game, but instead my perspective.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Cool story bro......

Level 75

Studios