Soundwhoring and amplify

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Soundwhoring and amplify

Are just ridiculous just like they were in MW3. I mean what can really be said about them . Theyre there they are amazingly OP and Im sure they wont go away.

Definitely my last Infinity ward game.

Level 19
40 REPLIES

Re: Soundwhoring and amplify

in reply to Lucent76

not even 100,000 people online a week after release.says it all really.

Level 6

in reply to IIIF1SHY

started using them and they are op

Level 16

in reply to IIIF1SHY

Lol I had to check. 98k people online.

I wonder why.  I bet it had nothing to do with how bad the game turned out.

I've already tried to turn in my copy to 6 different game stops, no ones taking them because of the amount of people that returned this PoS game.

Level 5

in reply to Paddi1

Paddi wrote:

Lol I had to check. 98k people online.

I wonder why.  I bet it had nothing to do with how bad the game turned out.

I've already tried to turn in my copy to 6 different game stops, no ones taking them because of the amount of people that returned this PoS game.

I did some checking on this claim since I've seen it elsewhere and it is factually not true.

The reason Game Stop is not accepting returns is because ATVI convinced retailers to take too many copies of the game for current gen consoles. Even Battlefield has experienced a serious lull in sales. This lull is nearly identical to the drop in game sales prior to the release of current gen consoles many years ago.

The minimum wage guy at your local Game Stop may have told you something different, but that's not what the real story is.

BTW - 98k people online at any given moment is not reflective of how many people play the game each day. Supposing that 98k figure holds steady for 24 hours, and assuming people play an average of 2 hours at a time, the 98k figure indicates between 1 million and 1.2 million people are playing the game each day on average. Not bad. Not bad at all.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say
Agreed.  However the point remains.  Less people are playing, and continuing to play  than ever before.  With the increase and expansion of the community in recent years, it does say something.  Is it that the game sucks, or has widened the skill gap?  Maybe a little of both?   Disclaimer- I don't think the game sucks, just think that it needs some attention in certain areas, and understand how it has turned many people off, probably those who either don't have the patience or want/skill to adapt. I think a majority of those people, who also make up huge numbers of those discussed, fall in that range of people affected by increasing that skill gap.       
Level 7

in reply to Paddi1

It all depends on what time of the day you play. The game peaks at 250K on the PS3 during weekdays.

Level 35

in reply to IIIF1SHY

IIIF1SHY wrote:

not even 100,000 people online a week after release.says it all really.

Doesn't really say anything because, for starters, are you looking at the number at the moment or the number throughout the day? Also, are you looking at the numbers showing on your platform? Remember, there are several other platforms out there, as well.

You're also not calculating that a lot of people are waiting for the nextgen consoles to drop before making their purchases.

Regarding sound whoring, I've been a sound whore since MW1. It's never been as big of an issue as it was in Ghosts. I don't know why that is because, frankly, I've never needed the perks that amplify foot steps to know when I've got someone on my six. In fact, I've ticked off a lot of people that were using Dead Silence because players make a really bad assumption about the perk. Secret: Dead Silence has NEVER been 100% dead silent. If your character hugs a wall while moving, if your character walks through grass?? Your character makes a very faint sound. With training (I would go to private match to get good at recognizing it), you do not need perks that amplify opponent sounds.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to IIIF1SHY

There's only that many because everyone else has bought a next-gen copy of the game and can't play it until the next-gen consoles are actually released.

Level 61

in reply to ghosthound
Have you looked at next gen copy sales.  sure more people will buy it the closer it gets.  I dont think they add up though.  As previously said, looking at the number on at any given time is not a great representation of total figures playing the game, but it has gone down.  Atleast with the increase in the community recently, the wild increase has slowed, almost to a stop.
Level 7

Studios