Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

in reply to SitRepPro

SitRepPro wrote:

Most people using sniper rifles, whether real snipers or quickscopers, barely ever top the leaderboard.  The best way round this would be to make decent shotguns and have them as secondaries or do away with primary/secondary splits.  But COD players will go ape over that because pistols are expected to be fillers and Overkill has to be overly expensive to the point of being totally useless when you can just scavenge anyway.  Even Hardline isn't as useless as Overkill and that says something.  I don't know why people would overly favour sniping in TDM given the lack of objectives but you could say the same thing with LMGs.

I love this idea...

LMG in TDM? I think LMGs can dominate in a TDM given the right tactics...

ARs I think are the best all rounders for TDM, but that's fair enough... You'd expect that to be the case...

Level 13

in reply to ooOutraageousoo

Thanks for the reply!

For me, I think that "wannabe" quickscopers are a hindrance, because they tend to not play the objective, and probably are pretty bad, hence, "wannabe." This is the part of me that wants quickscoping gone, because then I won't have people on my team trying and failing at getting the win.  Pretty much the reason I want quickscoping to stay is because I'm good enough at it to do well, and I like doing well.  When I use a sniper, my team appreciates it because I snipe where applicable, and don't die when I get in a 1v1 because I can pull off a quickscope. 

A solution to the issue that I just thought of today is this:  When the sniper aims, the crosshairs will not be in the center.  It will take about a third of a second to center.  This will make the quickscope kill more like a "fast hardscope, " which is completely logical.  To balance this, the hipfire cone should be tightened by about 30% or so, making the lucky no-scope kill possible.  You can't argue with luck, I'd guess.

Level 6

in reply to THExVeng3anc3

THExVeng3anc3 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

For me, I think that "wannabe" quickscopers are a hindrance, because they tend to not play the objective, and probably are pretty bad, hence, "wannabe." This is the part of me that wants quickscoping gone, because then I won't have people on my team trying and failing at getting the win.  Pretty much the reason I want quickscoping to stay is because I'm good enough at it to do well, and I like doing well.  When I use a sniper, my team appreciates it because I snipe where applicable, and don't die when I get in a 1v1 because I can pull off a quickscope.

A solution to the issue that I just thought of today is this:  When the sniper aims, the crosshairs will not be in the center.  It will take about a third of a second to center.  This will make the quickscope kill more like a "fast hardscope, " which is completely logical.  To balance this, the hipfire cone should be tightened by about 30% or so, making the lucky no-scope kill possible.  You can't argue with luck, I'd guess.

I can understand frustration, but if it wasnt QS it would be something else. People not playing the objective are a plauge on the gaming world in general and not limited to QS.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

Well, phooey on all that, deamonic. I do pretty good with SRs, I think. Great kdr with them.

But I can't run & gun with them worth a flip. QS? Meh. Sorta. Not very well, but I can pull it off sometimes.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to THExVeng3anc3

THExVeng3anc3 wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not going to lie. I can qscope myself, and if I'm Sniping and somebody gets into my face, then I will qs rather than die...

I will always pic up an auto as a secondary asap though, and when I am moving around, I will carry the auto...

The thing is with the wannabe qsers is that they are disproportionately high in numbers. To every qser who can hold his own and benefit the team, there seems to be 10 who are just that hindrance... Give those 10 wannnabes an auto and most of them will go positive...

Having said all of that, I would still like it gone from regular playlists...

I like your tighter hipfire cone idea, as that would seem more likely or "real" < (lol there's that word again)...

I thought the free Overkill idea was great too... If a Sniper had a shotty on board, then qs would disappear from many people's game...

Level 13

It seems like everyone thinks that sniping is taboo. Why is that?

Level 4

in reply to Adam1234567897

It's just a touchy subject.  There's a lot of people that can relate to it in some way or another, so when one person says "reg-gunning/quickscoping is OP" a lot of people are attracted to it. 

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to Adam1234567897

People don't like getting killed because they have such high egos.  A guy can go 10-20 and die a sniper/quickscoper once and he will range only about that 1 death not the other 19.  If there is a good sniper/quickscoper, or otherwise a top 1% player, and he gets 30 kills, he is somehow cheating or exploiting yet 99% of players in TDM cannot above 20 kills in a game using "full auto rifles and MGs".

It really comes down to egos.  If you think that you are the best at something and when you get defeated you try to make up excuses to why you keep doing bad instead of admitting that you are not the best.  I may have a enormous ego but I at least accept my own faults, instead of trying to scapegoat everything.  Quickscoping in general is nothing more than people using sniper rifles.  Snipers really haven't had a use in competitive gaming/MLG since Halo.  Most SMGs and ARs are more practical and more reliable.  You may get 5 kills easier with a sniper but then you get 30 deaths because the weapons major faults, whereas a AR you are more likely to get more of a balance between dying and killing.

Another thing, if snipers become too hard then why would anyone use them?  They become such a disadvantage in any situation that you cannot contribute.  Ya you may get 5-10 kills in DOM but how does getting so few kills actually contribute to winning?  You are not pushing the enemy back by repeatedly killing them as they leave their base.  You are killing them off the objective you already own which means that they are already on the attack.  Once they kill you then they are open and in the free to capture.  If you were pushed up and you died with an AR or SMG, by the time you spawned and gathered yourself you would be meeting the opponents at the B-flag to kill them off or recapture it immediately.

Quickscoping just makes snipers practical in publics, but are still completely useless at the competitive level.  If they were so OP, cheap, or exploitation then why don't all the pros use snipers?  Really the only thing quickscoping is good at doing is killing skill-less opponents.  If you are good at the game and are bored of using ARs and SMGs, snipers become a challenge to most.  Ya you may have a couple of good games here and their but when you can play the objective, get CQC kills, and be the determining factor for winning or losing then you not get punished.  There is nothing punishing the people for doing good with ARs or SMGs, yet if you quickscope then you somehow should get punished?  Doesn't seem right.

I have yet to play with snipers in BF4 or other shooters but they play a big part in those games, close and long ranges.  Yes they are more effective at long ranges in those games, but when you start playing against players that struggles with shooting, then sniping at close ranges becomes a breeze.  Once you start learning how the weapon works you can eventually start killing higher skilled players.

Only about 5% of gamers(just a guess from experience) have the necessary potential to be "good" at any game.

High egos do play a big part in how people view certain things.  If someone things that snipers are useless and then gets killed by one their predicted reaction is to complain that something wasn't "fair".

Arguing about quickscoping is just semantics.  There really is no compromise.  You either leave it in for the minority who enjoy it, or get rid of it for the minority who hate the others for enjoying it.

I have use snipers since COD4 and since MW2 snipers have gotten much harder.  In MW2 they were accessible, now they are just for a select few amount of players.  To me it seems like the ones that are hating quickscoping are segregating the quickscopers from "their" game.  It also seems that these haters are just so mad they are not enjoying the game, that they have to ruin it for the ones that are actually enjoying it.  Again this is about ego.  Ego is blurring the lines between opinions and facts.  People keep trying to make facts out of their opinions, why do you think that 9 out of 10 of complaints about quickscopers are opinions.  Every once and a while someone has some facts that may contribute to something but then they go and display their opinion about quickscopers and/or how something should be instead of making a compromise.

To most of these quickscope haters, there will never be a compromise, and that is the biggest problem with the community.  Since release of Ghosts the snipers have at least 5 fixes from MW3 to make them "worse" yet people are still quickscoping and still enjoying to use them.  And to this day people are still complaining about them.  So again this is more about ego than "balance" or "fairness".  It is just about these high ego players who just want to ruin the game for these players no matter the cost.

TTDR:  High ego hater going to hate on others for having fun.

Level 47

in reply to iivrruummii

iivrruummii wrote:

People don't like getting killed because they have such high egos.  A guy can go 10-20 and die a sniper/quickscoper once and he will range only about that 1 death not the other 19.  If there is a good sniper/quickscoper, or otherwise a top 1% player, and he gets 30 kills, he is somehow cheating or exploiting yet 99% of players in TDM cannot above 20 kills in a game using "full auto rifles and MGs".

It really comes down to egos.  If you think that you are the best at something and when you get defeated you try to make up excuses to why you keep doing bad instead of admitting that you are not the best.  I may have a enormous ego but I at least accept my own faults, instead of trying to scapegoat everything.  Quickscoping in general is nothing more than people using sniper rifles.  Snipers really haven't had a use in competitive gaming/MLG since Halo.  Most SMGs and ARs are more practical and more reliable.  You may get 5 kills easier with a sniper but then you get 30 deaths because the weapons major faults, whereas a AR you are more likely to get more of a balance between dying and killing.

Another thing, if snipers become too hard then why would anyone use them?  They become such a disadvantage in any situation that you cannot contribute.  Ya you may get 5-10 kills in DOM but how does getting so few kills actually contribute to winning?  You are not pushing the enemy back by repeatedly killing them as they leave their base.  You are killing them off the objective you already own which means that they are already on the attack.  Once they kill you then they are open and in the free to capture.  If you were pushed up and you died with an AR or SMG, by the time you spawned and gathered yourself you would be meeting the opponents at the B-flag to kill them off or recapture it immediately.

Quickscoping just makes snipers practical in publics, but are still completely useless at the competitive level.  If they were so OP, cheap, or exploitation then why don't all the pros use snipers?  Really the only thing quickscoping is good at doing is killing skill-less opponents.  If you are good at the game and are bored of using ARs and SMGs, snipers become a challenge to most.  Ya you may have a couple of good games here and their but when you can play the objective, get CQC kills, and be the determining factor for winning or losing then you not get punished.  There is nothing punishing the people for doing good with ARs or SMGs, yet if you quickscope then you somehow should get punished?  Doesn't seem right.

I have yet to play with snipers in BF4 or other shooters but they play a big part in those games, close and long ranges.  Yes they are more effective at long ranges in those games, but when you start playing against players that struggles with shooting, then sniping at close ranges becomes a breeze.  Once you start learning how the weapon works you can eventually start killing higher skilled players.

Only about 5% of gamers(just a guess from experience) have the necessary potential to be "good" at any game.

High egos do play a big part in how people view certain things.  If someone things that snipers are useless and then gets killed by one their predicted reaction is to complain that something wasn't "fair".

Arguing about quickscoping is just semantics.  There really is no compromise.  You either leave it in for the minority who enjoy it, or get rid of it for the minority who hate the others for enjoying it.

I have use snipers since COD4 and since MW2 snipers have gotten much harder.  In MW2 they were accessible, now they are just for a select few amount of players.  To me it seems like the ones that are hating quickscoping are segregating the quickscopers from "their" game.  It also seems that these haters are just so mad they are not enjoying the game, that they have to ruin it for the ones that are actually enjoying it.  Again this is about ego.  Ego is blurring the lines between opinions and facts.  People keep trying to make facts out of their opinions, why do you think that 9 out of 10 of complaints about quickscopers are opinions.  Every once and a while someone has some facts that may contribute to something but then they go and display their opinion about quickscopers and/or how something should be instead of making a compromise.

To most of these quickscope haters, there will never be a compromise, and that is the biggest problem with the community.  Since release of Ghosts the snipers have at least 5 fixes from MW3 to make them "worse" yet people are still quickscoping and still enjoying to use them.  And to this day people are still complaining about them.  So again this is more about ego than "balance" or "fairness".  It is just about these high ego players who just want to ruin the game for these players no matter the cost.

TTDR:  High ego hater going to hate on others for having fun.

With respect, that's completely untrue... Most people who "hate" quickscoping, have just had enough of losing a game because they have quickscope wannabes on their team... I mean really, be honest, when was the last time you heard anyone say something like, "QS is Overpowered" or "That's not fair, that Quickscoper completely dominated in that game"...

The big "Egos" are that of the wannabes who think going 5 kills and 10 deaths is acceptable behaviour (because of that one l337 shot tho )...

Level 13

Partying up is the best way to play a team game mode.

Level 31

Studios