Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

Re: Still plenty of kids quickscoping then?

in reply to 1110265

1110265 wrote:

Not all teens are the maturity of 5 y/o.

Absolutely agree with that Sir...

When I talk about groups or communities, I speak in general terms. I would't expect a whole community to be exactly the same...

Level 13

in reply to deamonomic

Well stated.  I think a lot of the sniper haters would think differently about it if they learned how to do it properly.  There's also HC modes where just about any gun will kill you from across the map.  I personally find that even more frustrating.

Level 1

in reply to deamonomic

With respect to you and your opinion quick scoping instakill is BS in my view. The moment you start running and gunning with a sniper rifle you are no longer a sniper and given that a sniper rifle is not designed to run and gun with you will then pay the price of no longer being a sniper, ie, a concealed person taking out the enemy.  I'd even go as far to say that quick scoping is a glitch. Get rid of it because it's an arse ache.

Level 4

zrxd wrote:

With respect to you and your opinion quick scoping instakill is BS in my view. The moment you start running and gunning with a sniper rifle you are no longer a sniper and given that a sniper rifle is not designed to run and gun with you will then pay the price of no longer being a sniper, ie, a concealed person taking out the enemy.  I'd even go as far to say that quick scoping is a glitch. Get rid of it because it's an arse ache.

I respect your opinion as well. Back in MW2 I held the same view. But there are a few things I would like to point out.

While a sniper might have a one shot = one kill ability, it is not exactly "instakill". It gives the illusion that it is. And if we were talking only about firing, then yes, it would have a higher TTK then any other weapon. But Thats just an Illusion of having a higher TTK. The reason being, is that the ONLY possible way for them to be faster or more instant then other weapons i for them to fire first, and the only possible way for them to accomplish that is to fire before being scoped in, as such it would not be a QS but a no-scope and completely random as to where it hits.

Let me put it this way.

In this scenario Players A, and B, are bother equally skilled players, with equal reaction time (In otherwords a level playing field)

Player A is using a Bolt action sniper.

Player B is using a Full auto Assault rifle.

Bother players run up and notice each other at the same time. The both begin reacting at the same time.

Player A begins to scope in. Player B begins to ADS

Player B finishes ADS and begins to fire, 1 shot, 2 shots, 3 shots.

Player A has finished scoping in as much as he needs to and fires his one shot.

Incase im not being clear, Player B with his assault rifle is able to aim down sights faster then a sniper can look through his scope, so much faster infact that they have the time to fire off 2-3 shots. Thats why the OHK of snipers is an illusion. Because while it may only take one hit, in the time it takes them to fire that one shot with any sort of accuracy, the other player has already had the chance needed to fire their shots off. Its like an RPG being a OHK, but by the time the rocket gets to you, you gunned them down ad you both are dead.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

I don't disagree with how the mechanics of it work but for me the fact remains that QS'ing is BS and should be curtailed.

Level 4

zrxd wrote:

I don't disagree with how the mechanics of it work but for me the fact remains that QS'ing is BS and should be curtailed.

But why is it BS?

I hope you dont take this as a personal insult, But the community not being able to take a death and say GG, is whats truly killing not just this game but most games out there. Alot of people ruin the games for themselves by focusing on what the other player is doing or using and deciding that its not legit. Back in Halo 2 I considered the Noob combo (fr those who dont know, the Noob combo was a Plasma pistol and a Battlerifle combo, you run around with a charged plasma pistol shot, fire it, it auto tracks the enemy, takes out their shields and then you one shot them with your BR.) to be extremely cheap and unlegit. I even ranted that it should be removed or not be able to be used. But now I look back and see how foolish I was being. I was ruining my own enjoyment of the game by focusing on something that didnt really matter.

In Call of duty, the community needs to adopt the mentality of " I died, doesnt matter how I died, what matters is that I did, Now what can I do myself here and now to make sure it doesnt happen again." In halo dealing with the Noob combo involved trying to make it around a corner before the plasma shot reached or trying last chance split second dodge. In Call of duty dealing with Noobtubes means keep on the move. Dealing with Quickscopers is the same thing.

If you have a different weapon class such as an AR or SMG, then use your far superior movement ability. Strafe to the side, halo jump, drop shot, slide, hip fire spray.

Quickscopers are and always have been at a sizable disadvantage against the other weapon classes. If they manage to kill you then we should all go, "Good job man you got the drop on me"

I am one of those players who is against blaming weapons or perks for my downfall, Im the type who blames myself. If I died or lost its because I screwed up somewhere. Maybe I took a wrong turn, sprinted too much, didnt pay attention to my surroundings enough or maybe I missed an important shot. Whatever the case, I still died, Now its time to respawn and go kill them.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

For snipers, Quickscoping is really just the evolution of sniping in general. A person plays a sniper because they enjoy pulling off that accurate shot. As a sniper improves skill wise, they begin to be able to scope in faster and faster. Most snipers realize that staying scoped in (hardscoping) is actually a bad thing. Its actually wiser to wait until a target is spotted, track them before you scope in and then scope in. The reason is simple, its faster and more efficient. And because we have the ability to scope in and kill quickly, then it becomes a choice, Do i stay here? or do I go to where the action is and help my team more?

Furthermore its the logical thing to do, as a player some of us try to push ourselves to do better, pull off that shot quicker. So if you can already see an enemy, scope in and kill them quickly, why wouldnt you begin to move around?

EDIT: Just wanted to say ZRXD, Thanks for being civil.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

Civility generally comes with age.

I take the points for QS'ing but I've said in other posts to give run & gun QS'ers a game mode of their own and if users of other weapon types want to take their chances against the QS'ers then that's their choice. Nerf the ability to

I'm an average player but I can compete with decent players in a 1 v 1 and I know I'm doing ok when I get a few kills of the 1st place opposition player. Some you win and some you lose and as an average player trust me I've got used to a low KD. I'm still having fun so I've no problem getting dead.

Now my problem with the ability to QS is time and time again I'm in a 1 v 1 with a QS'er and I've reacted first and hit him with 3 or 4 bullets yet he can lift his rifle as he's getting hit and kill me with one shot and it's not even a head shot. Now there's something wrong with that. I'm not lagging either. It's only against QS'ers. Just to be clear if you bag me from your snipers position that's fine because that's a challenge for me to come find you which I enjoy. I know when I've been beaten to the punch and the 1 v 1 example is why being able to QS whilst running and gunning is BS and should be nerfed in some game modes. I've had a game of KC tonight on the Octane map and a sniper quite literally spent much of the game in the middle of the map taking people out. He knew he could take a few hits and still bag people and he got 48 kills for around 20 deaths. My better team mates were no mugs either but this guy should not have been able to do that. It was ridiculous and happens all too often. The irony is you end up camping and creeping around just like a sniper to avoid the QS'ers !!!!!

Now I know Ghost's is only a game and Halo is a fantasy game so it's a poor example to use in terms of being based in the world as we know it today but Ghost's is based in a level of reality therefore I don't expect to see anything in the game that is totally out there. QS'ing has no basis in reality at all. It's fantasy. It cannot be done in the real world and is not what the sniper class and rifles are all about. As far as the regular game modes are concerned if you're a sniper and you want to run around with your sniper rifle engaging in 1 v 1 gun battles then you should be at a disadvantage which is more akin to what you would expect in the real world where a sniper is committing suicide engaging in such activities.

As it's a game there's obviously room for QS'ing while running and gunning but in its own game modes and nerfed in other regular game modes where running and gunning with a sniper rifle is a poor choice to make.

G'nite all.

Level 4

There are very few guns that require more than 4 bullets to kill at any range in this game so if this happens to you often then you are probably suffering from lag,

Level 12

in reply to riksterinto

I'm getting the hit markers and if I'm lagging during a particular game it's only against the QS'ers.

Level 4

Studios