Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Stop Bringing Your Friends (1)

in reply to Kandagawa

Kandagawa wrote:

It would also mean they'd need to beef up the GPU they're using so it actually supports dual screens, which means a higher cost per unit when people are already annoyed by the cost as is.

Are you telling me that the GPU as is can't support dual screens?  If it can support split screens in PS3/X360, it can support dual screens in PS4/X1.  C'mon, man. 

Level 40

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

My SNES could do split screening. Did you ever see anyone taking a stock SNES and using it on two different screens?

Level 9

in reply to Kandagawa

Are you comparing SNES with X1 and PS4.  C'mon, man. 

Level 40

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Of course not, but you're assuming that because a console had split screen capabilities that it would be easy for the next tier to be able to dual screen.

You never saw the N64 dual screen, did you? Or the PlayStation 2. Or, since the original Xbox could split screen, were you denouncing the 360 for not being able to run dual screens?

Your assumption of the way things should be is foolish.

Now, let's get to the PS4 and Xbox One. I'm just gleaning this from some quick and dirty Google searching:

They are both running GPU's in the AMD Sea Island family of cards which are clustered into the Radeon 8000 series. Presumably they should be able to support dual screens without any problem. If they don't (I don't recall seeing anyone from MS or Sony saying they won't), then I would assume that there is some other hardware or software limitation in effect.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to NKH004

What sucks even more is when both of them are horrible.

Level 18

in reply to NKH004

split screener should be removed from the game completely not just hardcore but not all split screeners are bad ive been in games where both player and plus 1 have done great and pretty much won the game by their selfs

Level 25

in reply to NKH004

So it's just people that don't have their own Live account?

Level 9

in reply to NKH004

NKH004 wrote:

I understand you want to be social, and sure; it's fun to play with your Dad on occasion, but please stop bringing your +1 into HC games. It's pretty much an automatic loss, and a guarantee that your +1 will be 2/23 by the end of the match.

I know this short little whiny post is going to change anything. Just needed to say it.

I feel your pain, it can be quite infuriating when you're backpacking your teammates, especially those split-screeners who aren't providing any support for your team.

The only advice I can give is to play in a party of 3+ to avoid these situations, there's really nothing else you can do I'm afraid.

Level 51

in reply to NKH004

Do you remember when the noobs used to come try out paintball ?

Same thing.

Level 72

in reply to NKH004

Every time I see (1) next to someone elses player name, I leave that lobby. This is almost now an immediate reaction!

Split Screener's are the WORSE form of COD player EVER!

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

Studios