Terrible lag!!!???

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Terrible lag!!!???

I can't play in the multiplayer mode as the lag is so bad.  Everything is very choppy and forget about aiming down your sights as they move in increments.  I have no problems with Battlefield 4 nor GTA 5.  I contacted Microsoft and they said everything is fine on their end.  They also checked my connection and my settings and also said they are fine.  They advised me to contact Activision as the problem lies at their end.  I contacted Activision and they sent me a list of things to do to improve online gaming quality.  I did the port forwarding as well as adjust the DMZ that they recommended.  It did nothing at all to improve the game and was a complete waste of time.  I contacted my internet provided and they advised that everything was fine and it wasn't my connection at all.   Now I have spend money on a game that I cannot play online.  Does anyone else suffer from severe lag? 

Level 1
33 REPLIES

Re: Terrible lag!!!???

in reply to LeGrandCharmeur

yes i do i have 78meg internet so its there end not ours

Level 1

I am experiencing the exact same issue making COD: Ghosts unplayable. Supposedly the matchmaking was going to place players geographically close together, in order to limit the distance from servers, dedicated or not, thus limiting the lag comp. I do not think the matchmaking is working as planned on the "older" gen consoles. If you go read the forums about Ghosts on the PS4 there appears to not be as many issues with the lag comp. The lag comp on this game appears to severely "penalize" those with good internet connections in order to "level" the playing field. Personally I find this to be unacceptable.

For those on the good side of lag they are very happy. For those of us on the bad side of lag it renders the game unplayable. And no it has nothing to do with ones ability to play a new game, learn new guns, learn the new maps, Etc, Etc, Etc...If you are not experiencing the bad side of lag than you will not be able to understand the issues a vast majority of players are dealing with at this time. There are numerous postings all saying the exact same things about lag, so I hope it can get addressed as lag issues and not player issues. I expect IW will fix some of the obvious issues in this game and correct some of the lag comp problems. COD: Ghosts has the potential to be a good fun game, but as of right now I, and a LOT of other players, cannot even enjoy it because we cannot play it, thus I am back to BO2 waiting for patches or BO3.

Level 2

in reply to LSRich

well said mate

Level 1

in reply to LSRich

Very well explained and I'm somewhat relieved that it isn't just me. 

Level 1

ok your internet doesn't seem to matter to COD, i don't know why.  matchmaking will try and find a good match (its very bad at looking) if you live in a location where you are far from a lot of players that will not help things

do you play during busy periods, ie evenings as that's when most people play and player numbers are likely to be highest around you??

is your NAT open??  in your multiplayer screen it will say NAT Type and then either strict moderate or open, you want open otherwise it will be hard to match you to good games

Level 16

in reply to belly120

sorry the banned my last name on here what was ghostiscrap and yes nat type open and no i can play at any time during the day and its still the same

Level 1

in reply to belly120

My NAT is open.

Level 1

Did you mean that you have ports forwarded and have your xbox in the DMZ?

If you DMZ your Xbox - no need to port forward.

Also - check if you have your Upnp enabled or not.

Again, if you have ports forwarded you do not want Upnp enabled, it overrides it.

For everyone's info:

DMZ > Upnp and Port forwarding

Upnp> Port Forwarding.

You need to pick one of the three alternatives - otherwise you are confusing your modem.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to FalconR6

Originally I port forwarded as well as entered the Xbox in the DMZ and nothing improved.  I then canceled the port forwarding and left the Xbox in the DMZ with the same unfortunate results.  Yes my UPnP is enabled but it hasn't rectified anything.    

Level 1

Studios