The 500 squad point soldier aka self

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: The 500 squad point soldier aka self

in reply to CurliestRogue0

CurliestRogue0 wrote:

You can buy ALL of you squad members, or a few of them, level them up to level 59, go back to the first one, get to level 60 and prestige him. You can then go to the next member, play to get one level and PRESTIGE AGAIN! You can literally go from level 60 non prestige to max prestige on this game if you get all your members to level 60 and then use them in order to unlock the prestiges in about 2 hours.

Apparently I don't fully understand the prestige system in Ghosts.

What's the advantage of waiting until all or most of your squad members are 59/60 to start prestiging versus just prestiging as soon as the first one gets to 60?

There is no advantage. It's just funny that you can literally go from non prestige level 60 to max prestige in ONE GAME by using this technique. It takes the same amount of time, but is a fun way to get called a hacker or cheater because of it.

Level 34

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

You get 1 SP for every 3k XP, along with completely various challenges. Being a TDM player that you are, you will probably get them slower than you would playing objective modes. Last time I prestiged, I had 450 squad points. I'm not worried at all about saving up 500.

Level 20

in reply to darkrangeresp

LOL Are you sure there is nothing special about him? Glad I read this

Level 9

Thing that disappoints me the most about this is the fact you cant switch squad members mid game.

So we actually end up having less classes.  Stupid.

Level 22
Highlighted

I posted a comment a while back about my "Self" character only costing me 4 squad points to unlock.  He was the second member I unlocked, and forth on my list of squad members.  I think my 500 point squad member was originally named George.  I think the "Self" squad members cost may have been related to your previous prestige level in either MW3 or BO2.  I was previously max prestige in MW3.  Others have indicated their "Self" squad member required only 100 or 300 squad points to unlock.  As most have stated, but the time you've reached the higher levels you should have accumulated more then enough squad points to unlock any member.

Level 2

in reply to Paladin244

I don't even have a "Self" squad member to unlock. I don't remember seeing one with that name. It leads me to believe that the names are more like random.

Level 35

in reply to Paladin244

Everyone's squad is named differently, i'm guessing they have a list of names and you just get given 10 random ones, personally non of my squad members are called Self.

Level 48

why would you assume you got something special for the 500 point soldier seeing as the other 400,3000 ect ones didnt?

its pretty easy to get 500 squad points to unlock , i unlocked all my soldiers round about 5th prestige and have unlocked everything now and still have in excess of 1000+ squad points.

if you just play normally by the time you need to unlock the higher squad memebers you wouldve easily gotten enough points without event trying just from playing

Level 75

500 pts is a lot for an unlock but I learned early on to use a few points on one guy. Set him up the way I want him(weapons, attachments, perks) and use him until he is at 60. Building squad points the whole way. Then "buy" another squad guy and do the same thing. I am on my 4th unlock at " rank 42" with 1200 squad points saved to buy and equip my next one.

Level 3

I am just about to hit 4th prestige and so far have over 600 squad points,with just using the only  4 weapons i can actually get on with i am sure by the time i reach 10th i should have plenty enough knowing i wont have to spend anymore,they soon rack up,

Level 21

Studios