The Next Call of Duty Should Be Next-Gen Only

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

The Next Call of Duty Should Be Next-Gen Only

Think about it--the less to worry about regarding keeping all platforms the same, the more console power the devs can tap into in order to add way more features than what a current Xbox 360/PS3 could handle.

Imagine if Call of Duty 4 all the way through MW3 had to make all features (killstreaks, killcams, etc) available to all platforms, including the Wii.  Would the game benefit from the equality and reach its max potential?  No.   With that being said, why should the Xbox One/PS4 be limited in their capabilites in order to make things equal for 360/PS3 users?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
18 REPLIES

Re: The Next Call of Duty Should Be Next-Gen Only

in reply to RuggedSavior

I expect it will be.

Level 35

in reply to RuggedSavior

Well, I have this game for 360. And I agree that it should be restricted to X1/PS4. But don't forget the Glorious PC Master Race!

Level 1

in reply to Jerakl

COD on PC has been sh!t starting with MW2...

Level 35

in reply to RuggedSavior

Doesn't need to be next-gen only.  They can have another one of the Dev studios port the game to last gen consoles, in much the same way as 3arc ported MW3 to the Wii.  Whatever happens they need to do something BIG with the next CoD.  Ghosts is very much a last-gen game with a few extra polygons and lighting effects,  but a lot less features.   BF4 has awesome MP and we have Titanfall and Destiny from 2 studios who made some of the finest MP experiences ever also coming this year.  CoD actually has its work cut out if it wants to get my money next year.

Level 29

in reply to WKMMS

WKMMS wrote:

Doesn't need to be next-gen only.  They can have another one of the Dev studios port the game to last gen consoles, in much the same way as 3arc ported MW3 to the Wii.  Whatever happens they need to do something BIG with the next CoD.  Ghosts is very much a last-gen game with a few extra polygons and lighting effects,  but a lot less features.   BF4 has awesome MP and we have Titanfall and Destiny from 2 studios who made some of the finest MP experiences ever also coming this year.  CoD actually has its work cut out if it wants to get my money next year.

its a good thing that Treyarch is doing the next one then

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

its a good thing that Treyarch is doing the next one then

Yeah, hopefully we'll see a game with some good features, that encourages people to move and play objectives etc, and makes it a bit more worthwhile to pick something other than an assault rifle!

Level 29

in reply to RuggedSavior

I honestly think the next COD will outsell on the ONE a lot better than this one did. I honestly think by then the 360 will be a dead relic as to what people will buy. Only ones that will be playing at that time on a 360 will be the ones that can only afford Walmart Internet.

I hope that they allow you to play older games on the ONE soon just to see if they are any better. Like for example how they made some older games on the 360 better by making them HD.

Even IF I dont buy a ONE by the next COD release I think they should not make the next COD for the 360. Right now even though I dont own the ONE yet it still somehow feels I bought a toned down version of the game.

I honestly think they will release something really big for the next COD just to keep pace with Titanfall. Even though I will probably still buy both. Hopefully Titanfall for the ONE so as not to tarnish its reputation. I dont want to compare Titanfall 360 to Titanfall ONE.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

They will be making 360/PS3 games with high sell rates for awhile yet actually. Every single time a new console era begins it takes about 2 years before they have a large number of players. People still need to buy the systems to compete. XBOX360 and PS3 have both sold 80+ million. Consider the rate of system sales. Its always around 2 years to reach just beneath to about the halfway mark at minimum.

The next CoD will still likely be both generations, but with greater focus on the new systems XONE/PS4. That is unless they want to take a hit in profits and only release on new consoles. That seems unlikely to me.

Level 6

in reply to LordPookums

Yeah, I am not sure about how the console turnovers go since I went from a PS2 to a 360. I never actually saw something like a PS2 to PS3 or regular Xbox to 360 phase.

Level 72

Studios