The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread

The title says it all... you die way too fast in this game!

In multiplayer, don't you feel like you're dying too fast? It literally feels like "Hardcore" all the time even in "Core"! As soon as I get shot at that's it I'm done! I can't even start thinking about counter-attacking because I'm already dead!

Some might say well it's realistic and I get it but this kind of realism should be in "Hardcore" modes only, not in the "Core" portion of the game. Even in Battlefield it's not that easy to die! What's the point of having those red "I'm hurt" indicators on your screen if you can't even shoot your enemy back?

Of course you can always adapt to the game and get better and this and that but since we all lag in multiplayer the characters health have to be higher. Just take a look back at Black Ops II and how sometimes you would die so quickly with just one or two bullets so you would wonder what just happened but the killcam would show your killer actually shooting more bullets than you saw. Lag sometimes (well most of the time with Peer to Peer connections) shows you less bullets fired than the game registered. So now imagine that with Ghosts health... you die as your enemy's bullet isn't even half way in your direction?

I've been playing Call of Duty since the very beginning (on PC) and switched to the 360 with Call of Duty 4 and kept playing each title until now so I consider myself and veteran gamer who not only is used to the franchise but also who knows a lot about it (the main game I play each year, I have a 3 years old clan who reached maximum levels in both MW3 and BO2 on ELiTE and I have a blog dedicated to Call of Duty with over 100 articles).

So this being said, all I can say is that this is the first CoD game in which you die that fast. I can't remember dying that fast in no other CoD titles prior to that one.

With a game like Call of Duty, some things can't change and the damage needed to die is one of them. Fans are used to that and changing it drastically goes against the foundation of the game. If the developpers wanted it that way well this is how it should've been all the time... not after 10 years.

What do you think about it guys?

Level 8
114 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread

in reply to mazematik

You are right we do get shot too fast. There is no chance to run out of the bullets line of fire in this game. Of course though I havent changed my class or anything like that yet. Still too busy learning the "speed" of the game and the maps.

Level 72

in reply to mazematik

YOU DIE TOO FAST! You don't get a red screen, once you are shoot(BOOM), you're dead. Core might as well be taken out, and as far as realism, realism is not a part of COD.. Period. So, that's not an argument.

Level 2

in reply to mazematik

I think its fresh and enjoyable that gun skills and accuracy is now rewarded rather than scuf-jumping sponging and shoot first die first.

I Enjoy this health system.

Level 6

in reply to IIIF1SHY

I agree with you that despite that you die too fast in this game, it actually reduces the abusive "run/jump/dropshot" behavior (although I've seen and been killed by players doing these lame moves) BUT this is not the appropriate answer.

Eliminating the so called "scuf-jumping sponging and shoot first die first" gamestyle can done in other ways like:

• widely reduce shooting accuray when shooting while jumping or in the air
  • insert a delay when going to prone so that your player can't shoot until your character is completely on the ground

While introducing this new health system might be a good idea after all, it still needs some urgent tweakings as soon as possible!

Level 8

in reply to mazematik

The funny thing about the people that dropshot is that they do it no matter what, even when I don't know they are there or have no chance to even fire at them.  They will win the firefight regardless, but they still do it every time like it is giving them some advantage. When I actually have a chance to fire at them, it is a free headshot most of the time.

Level 1

in reply to bakedbob1

Thats becuase they are using modded controllers and thats how you spot them! The controller is inbuilt to dropshot when they fire the gun.

Level 1

in reply to RMYJuggernaut

Whoa whoa whoa, I drop shot and I have a trigger finger. Bro NOT everyone uses modded controllers to drop shot. Check your freaking facts first before you start pointing fingers like an idiot.

Level 2

in reply to IIIF1SHY

How is it rewarding good accuracy? You can miss a 6/10 shots and still get the kill. How it currently is does nothing with rewarding skill nor accuracy. It encourages you to spray the hell out of people to make sure you get the kill.

Level 1

in reply to IIIF1SHY

Accurate players with ranged weapons now have the upper hand and COD is more defensive.  Good.  So many rush monkeys on BO2 it was unreal.

Level 31

Studios