The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: The Official "Die Too Fast" Thread

in reply to mazematik

SUPPORT! I'd love yo have actually gun fights in this game lol... or not be killed in 1 bullet buy a kid in the corner... you jut die wayyy to fast in this game

Level 1

in reply to mazematik

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back, and now in Ghosts people are complaining that they cannot turn around to kill someone once they've been shot in the back.

Level 9

in reply to RoeParcRanger

RoeParcRanger wrote:

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back...

Did I complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back in BO2?

NO

Now, in Ghosts, when I'm being shot at from behind... I'm not asking to be able to turn around slowly while taking a piss, sipping my coffee and texting on my cell... all we want is some gun fights like rondougie wrote.

Level 8

in reply to mazematik

I never said you complained I wrote "people" so try reading a comment before thinking it's a personal attack on you. M'kay?
I'll tell you a little something if you're shot in the back you die, try turning round occasionally, or working with someone who'll watch your back.

Level 9

RoeParcRanger wrote:

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back, and now in Ghosts people are complaining that they cannot turn around to kill someone once they've been shot in the back.

People here, people there... I think it's pretty clear you're referring to the same "people" whether they're complaining about BO2 or Ghosts.

Level 8

Lag was causing issues like that in BO2.

The issue with this game is that you have no time to react whatsoever.  Most of the time you don't even know you are being shot at because your screen doesn't even turn red.

In a situation say where you are behind cover and poke out for a second to check your corners before moving positions.  When you poke out, an enemy is there and sees you.  In previous games, you would know you were being shot at and have the opportunity to poke back into your cover position.  In this game you don't have time to do that and you don't even get any indication that the other player is even hitting you.  You just drop dead.  It's like everyone has a sniper rifle in this game.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to mazematik
Level 1

in reply to mazematik

mazematik wrote:

RoeParcRanger wrote:

So in BO2 people complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back...

Did I complained about being killed after shooting someone in the back in BO2?

NO

Now, in Ghosts, when I'm being shot at from behind... I'm not asking to be able to turn around slowly while taking a piss, sipping my coffee and texting on my cell... all we want is some gun fights like rondougie wrote.

You may have not however being a regular here, I can assure you players here, on Twitter and YouTube complained about the "shooting first, dying first" issue often in BO2.

It's a lose/lose situation for the developers. You increase the health, players will complain about  poor hit detection, "taking half a clip to kill" etc. You decrease the health, players will complain about being "insta-killed" or no chance to react possibly because the opposing player shot first.

Or....it's possibly latency that could be causing these insta-kill deaths.

Level 51

in reply to vims2011

Ahhh... now we're talking!

Here's a constructive answer based on objectivity and facts.

I suspect the latency (like you mentioned) to be highly responsible for these insta-kill issues sometimes.

Thanks for the info.

Level 8

in reply to mazematik

I'm not 100% sure personally as I haven't played it. I'm waiting for the next-gen version of Ghosts but just based on watching livestreams and gameplay, I think latency can have a noticeable effect of insta-kill deaths.

Also, IW have not shown the "ping bars" so you can't tell if it's connection that is causing the problem or the host is your lobby is lagging. Hopefully once the dedicated servers come in effect, the experience is better.

Bear in mind that the game has only just launched so there are going to be server/connection issues as well.

Level 51

Studios