The Re-evaluation of Footsteps

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

The Re-evaluation of Footsteps

I'll keep this short and sweet.  IMO, the overall sound of the footsteps in multiplayer are way too loud, which makes dead silence not actually dead silent, and the amplify perk becomes too powerful.

Fixes:

1. Overall sound of normal footsteps are significantly reduced.

2. Dead Silence makes all footsteps completely silent, except when making a harsh landing (ie. falling from a certain height).

3. Amplify only functions at closer distances.  It also cannot detect dead silence users.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52
26 REPLIES

Re: The Re-evaluation of Footsteps

in reply to RuggedSavior

This needs to be done ASAP!!!!!!

Level 13

in reply to RuggedSavior

I shouldn't be penalized for not having a high tech mic

Footsteps should be heard by everyone or nobody.

Level 1

in reply to HeyYoRocksNBlow

My idea isn't there to punish players with better headsets.  My idea is there to save the pace of the game itself.

Think about it; With the way footsteps are as of now, it leads people to take advantage of the incoming audio to the point where enemy players begin to notice and start to crouch walk or camp out the rest of the match.  This is even worse in search and destroy/rescue.  With my idea in place, players will no longer fear from being detected 5 miles away by footsteps alone.

If I had to choose between everybody hearing all footsteps or everybody not hearing anything, I would choose for everybody to not be able to hear any footsteps at all.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

I have to agree with this post instead of favoring patience they should favor movement to get the action going. I just got done playing Battlefield 4 and even this game has more movement and the maps are bigger so I don't know what Call of Duty's excuse is all I know is it's getting old fast.

Level 18

in reply to RuggedSavior

There are bigger problems and more overpowered perks than amplify. i have some 'high tec' headphones as someone called them but it doesnt slow me down, yes they are an advantage but not a massive one.

Level 9

in reply to Guy8915

Please I would love to hear these bigger problems. Enlighten everyone in these forums on what these bigger problems are. I am actually being serious I would really like to know what the other overpowered perks and bigger problems are.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

So your telling me the biggest problem is people being able to hear your footsteps? what about Hacks, Glitches, Xp lobbies, Boosters, Quickscopers, Lag compensation and poor connection. Atm the matchmaking is a little unfair (not that im complaining, im mopping up with these xmas noobs)

Level 9

in reply to Guy8915

Hacks, glitches, XP lobbies, quickscopers, boosters, and lag compensation are not constantly available in Ghosts.  Granted they are problems that can appear, but they are part of the minority compared to the loud footsteps, which everyone has the ability to hear, thus making it a lot more of a common issue.

Also, instead of mopping up "Christmas Noobs", why not teach them a few things?

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

why bother? im not there to teach people how to play. its a game in here to have fun and finishing 40-0 on tdm is pretty fun for me

Level 9

Studios