This squad points thing is so DUMB

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

This squad points thing is so DUMB

Hey guy whats up i try not to bash this game that much because for what its worth i dont mind it but if theres one thing i hate its these damn squad points i mean theres no real reason to rank up i mean back in the old CODs you had to grind to get the weapons you wanted EX. ACR or M8A1 now its just meh but the thing i really hate is squad points for characters i know there are people out there who at one point got stuck on a character cause they didnt have enough to unlock the next one (500 points for a character....really?)

i hope the next COD which if you didnt know is being made by the creators of Dead Space i hope they do away with these stupid things

Level 1
19 REPLIES

Re: This squad points thing is so DUMB

in reply to Numberr_XII

I didn't like the Squad Points at first either. But after the first prestige and once you figure out your classes you end up not needing them and the add up fast. I've bought all but the 500pt guy and I'm almost halfway to purchasing him. My future squad member are all set up for me to play when I prestige, and I have 200pts saved up.

Level 75

in reply to Numberr_XII

The high cost of the later toons is so you will play and rank up the other toons first and not just try and unlock them all just so you have as many cac slots as you want.

If you play and rank up each toon in order, the later ones are easy to afford for you will have more than you need if you didn't go and waste points on earlier toons trying to buy every weapon and perk and attachment for them beforehand.

Level 70

in reply to Numberr_XII

Actually, Sledgehammer is making the next CoD, Dead Space was Visceral (Ea Red Shores) Games.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

oh my fault i read in xbox the magazine that the creators of dead space are making it guess i was wrong lol

Level 1

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Actually, Sledgehammer is making the next CoD, Dead Space was Visceral (Ea Red Shores) Games.

the people behind SH (glen schofield  and micheal condrey)  are the people who worked on deadspace

on topic..squad points never worked as the ecomony was all wrong. and they serve no purpose once you unlock all your chars, having hit 10th i now have a stupid amount of sp's in the thousands i have nothing to buy with them

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

Ah well played.

I guess they branched out and started their own studio.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to Numberr_XII

I like em. It got old every time you prestige having to get back up to level 50 just to get my favorite guns and perks. I wouldn't mind having to earn guns/perks/etc once but having to repeatedly re earn them over and over again every time you prestige is kind of dumb.

But either way I don't care. And like the guy above me said Sledgehammer is making the next COD

Level 9

in reply to Numberr_XII

Squad points were a great idea because I can unlock and customize my setup early without having to suffer through the first 30+ levels.  The old process of "grinding" mainly appealed to and rewarded those who played more often.  The people who didn't play as much were put at a major disadvantage with the old system.

This game still has a "grinding" factor though.  Just save your squad points! 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

in reply to RuggedSavior

This is actually a pretty good point. The system they have now really supports those who don't play much. You can prestige without the fear of taking 3 weeks of sporadic gaming to get your preferred weapons.

Level 75

Studios