This squad points thing is so DUMB

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: This squad points thing is so DUMB

in reply to RuggedSavior

You're absolutely right about appealing towards people who didn't play as much. I'm not a fan, but that's because I'm one of those who play frequently. It really killed the replay value for me.

I miss MW3's unlock system where you only got a few prestige tokens. Now there's no difference between prestiges since you can just unlock anything at level 1 after the first prestige. I liked being at a disadvantage until I unlocked the better weapons, prestiging kinda meant something and had some challenge. (Yeah I know I could just not use the better weapons, but I want to remove having the option of any "safety" weapons/classes.)

Level 4

in reply to Zeph_

Prestige never really meant anything to begin with, just was a marker for time played for even in MW3 you could have all you wanted for a singular class loadout and never need to prestige to do so.

You may have liked the disadvantage and the challenge but not everyone else did, for some this is just meant for fun and being at a disadvantage is not fun to them.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

It didn't, but there was more merit before than there is now. It was awesome leading a team to victory as a level 1 and most of the early levels in MW3. Now a level 1 can have all the perks they need, it's too easy. The prestige token system from MW3 and even BO2 was better. You couldn't buy all the perks you need right off the bat. 

Not sure what you meant by needing to prestige to get a loadout.

Level 4

in reply to Zeph_

My point is that in this game prestige is nothing more than a badge of honor which is all it ever should have been. Not as a means to limit who can have what in the game ever.

In the previous game you had to prestige to earn more points to further develop your cac beyond a set point. In this game you do not which is why it is better.

Plus you cannot unlock everything at level 1, for you don't have the points to do so right from the beginning, maybe on a next toon yes, but not on your first. You still have to play and earn them.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to Numberr_XII

i like the cod points more than the traditional... for example, in bo1, my favorite was the commando, i'd have to wait till level 54 or so to be able to use it... once i got comfortable with it, then i was forced to give it up again... got old quick.

Level 11

in reply to Numberr_XII

I loved the BO2 way of prestige.  Keep camos, and attachments, and get a token to permanently unlock something.  It's better than MW3 where I had to use weapons for ever each prestige to get the best attachments ang Gold camo.

Level 6

in reply to THExVeng3anc3

wait...your camos didnt reset in BO2? the reason i ask is because i just started playing BO2 again and im close to gold for my mp7 so when i prestige i dont lose it?

Level 1

in reply to Numberr_XII

you will keep your camo i prestiged 6 times and i have diamond camo for the assault rifles

Level 2

in reply to Numberr_XII

Before I started to play Ghosts I read up on the squad points deal and how to earn them. I didn't really like having to wait until higher ranks to use all the weapons and I do feel that squad points works better than the way it was before.

Level 7

in reply to Numberr_XII

I'm personally hoping for a DOUBLE SQUAD POINTS WEEKNED to recover from the DOUBLE XP WEEKEND. 

Level 1

Studios