Thoughts on I.E.D's

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Thoughts on I.E.D's

Have noticed an abundance of these being used, and they get frustrating.  I am not claiming they are OP, just ridiculously effective.  They work in many applications; camping a building, covering routes, throw in tall grass and catch grazers, lob into an area you know someone is hiding.  I personally do not use them often, but on the few classes I do, it is more like a radar, with the ability to kill.  Also good for flushing shy hiders out of a corner and into your view or wherever you want to make them move. 

I have just heard a lot of people say they are OP, and I myself get heated when they are spread all over the map.  I know you can run Sit-rep, but that is really the only application for it( that makes sense, and it might make taking up the space in perks viable) . 

They are hard to see.

Not direction- more of a blast radius

I know they beep, but if well placed at all, it is to late.

Just wanted thoughts to see what people thought.  Again I don't know if I would claim they are to powerful, more so annoying.

Level 7
30 REPLIES

Re: Thoughts on I.E.D's

in reply to SrgntMerkWorthy

My biggest gripe is that Sitrep doesn't always show them....at least for me.  I bet I die at least once every other match from an IED that didn't show up and that can be frustrating, haha.

As for 'using them for radar', I realize some people do this so I usually try to blow up the IED and flank.  Then it becomes a fun game of cat and mouse. 

Level 11
Highlighted

Being as they are the ONLY explosive you can lay down, and as there is an EASY counter for them, they are FAR from OP'd. In fact I LOVE when enemies use them as I have used Sit Rep/Engineer/Hacker etc. in EVERY COD and it is AWESOME for finding campers and where the enemy like to hold down. There is nothing better than finding a room full of them and tossing both my IED's in the room on top of theirs, and hearing BEEP, BEEP BANG!

Level 34

in reply to propipe

C4 can be placed, can't it?

Level 9

I think they are annoying and cheap. They are hard to see. They can be thrown at you which is stupid. My guess is their counter is blast shield but does this work? Can you survive them with blast shield on?

Level 16

in reply to blb128

blb128 wrote:

I think they are annoying and cheap. They are hard to see. They can be thrown at you which is stupid. My guess is their counter is blast shield but does this work? Can you survive them with blast shield on?

Their counter is Sit Rep. One of the best perks in the game

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Yea i know sit rep works for the ones that are already laying on the ground but about when they throw them at you when capping a flag. Does blast shield work for this?

Level 16

in reply to blb128

yes you can survive them but it is still likely they will kill you I find that it depends on where you are in place to where the i.e.d is. I also agree with the statement that they are ridiculous in the fact that you can throw them at people. I think they are ridiculous cause you can throw them period. The I.E.D should be a placement weapon. You should have to stop and place the I.E.D. As for sitrep users I have been hearing a lot lately how they randomly stop showing up in the middle of matches I think that sitrep is just bugged cause I have noticed it on other equipment also.

Level 2

If you don't even know how they work don't bother replying. Yes you can throw them at someone but they don't arm for 3-4 seconds so if you toss one as you die chances are you will spawn and it will disappear before it explodes. The blast radius could be taken down just a bit because they do get some ridiculous kills sometimes. I use them and I think the delay and sitrep make help even them out a bit. Also blast shield will protect you from a single blast if you are not injured or directly on top of it. For those that don't see them good, sitrep works but if you only ever look at eye level and below you will never see mine.

Level 6

in reply to Wheels1AWTT

That's why if you die as you throw it, don't mash the X button. IED's continue to stay active until you respawn.

Level 9

Studios