Thoughts on I.E.D's

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Thoughts on I.E.D's

in reply to SrgntMerkWorthy

I'm not a fan of any equipment that's designed to be a pain in the butt. At least you could duck Bettys and had a chance of seeing a a Claymore's red beams. These are just brown lumps on brown maps. Whatever though, it's not like I die all the time from them.

Level 18

in reply to McZOMBI

They have a blinking light that can be seen. Sometimes...

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to Kandagawa

I've see the blinking light.........in Killcams.

Level 18

They really arent that effective:

1- they are very visible, you can see the light blinking in a room.

2- they make a distinct sound (beeping) if you dont see a friendly emblem above it its enemy.

I use them, and out of lets say 10 I throw I get two or maybe three kills in a game. And its usually because I place them near my spawn.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Yea they can be avoidable sometimes.  They beep, but more times than not if it is in a decent spot and you hear beeping, it is too late.  Even with the blink it is hard to see.  But it does beep and you can see it, that is about the only reason I wouldn't say it is OP.  I would say close to half I throw, I at least get a hit with it( assuming I put it somewhere and stay alive for a decent amount of time).  They are way more effective than claymores and bettys combined.  

Level 7

Well good, placing them well (like claymores) is not easy. Plus I forgot to mention they have a delay, you hear them ticking before they explode. Trust me guy, I loved claymores and used them very well, these IED's are not close to them.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Again, not saying you cant avoid them, but 8/10 times you hear the beep it is already to late.  Also not saying claymores are no good, just that most people were very ineffective with them, which is why you never saw a ton of them.  I would be willing to put money on the bet that IED's will have killed more people in a year in Ghost's, than bettys and claymores did combined in BO2. 

Plus engineer was much more applicable than sit rep is.  With claymores, bettys, shock charges, and all of the strong ground streaks like Gaurdian, and sentry gun( sentry in ghost's is garbage compared to before), it countered way more things.  I don't see an application for sit-rep besides IED, which it still doesn't always work. 

Level 7

I hardly get killed by them, seriously hardly. I do not run sitrep nor blast shield.

of our training"
Level 75

Well, there is sitrep, but I decided to use blast shield instead.  I figure it will save me 1-2 deaths per game.  Now if only I could also remove the 1-2 BS spawn deaths and the 1-2 corner camper deaths.  And I think this could be a great game.

Level 2

I'm actually wondering how effect Flak Jacket (or Blast Shield in Ghosts) would be against them.  I can't say that I've tried it yet but (or at least not intentionally) but I have to wonder if that isn't a better answer than sitrep.  They are annoying when they are everywhere.  Thankfully, I don't run into them in every match but in the lobbies that do run them, they are prolific.

Level 69

Studios