Time for More Prestiges?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Time for More Prestiges?

I happen to be really enjoying Ghosts, and adding more Prestiges, just like in Infinity Ward's last CoD, would be a really good idea.

Maybe due to the whole "10 Player Squad" system IW's got going on, it would be somewhat tricky to add more Prestiges. Since I couldn't see IW adding 10 more players for your Squad, I think the leveling should just become cumulative across all Squad Members after Prestige 10+. Keep all your Squad Members, classes, unlocks across each individual Squad Member, but if you level up to Prestige 10, level 20, all Squad Members level up to Prestige 10, level 20.

I feel that after IW released the patch that allowed all Operations to be active at any given time, leveling got a lot faster. As a veteran Call of Duty player, I was averaging around 18-20 Hours per Prestige from about  Prestige 1-6. Then after that patch was released, my average time went down to 7-8 Hours from Prestige 7-10. I for one am a strong believer in leveling shouldn't be easy and quick. Yes I do probably play a bit more than the average person, but in a game like Ghosts where your level really doesn't mean anything (You can just buy everything), leveling needs to stay slow.

I was very disappointed that Treyarch didn't add any additional Prestiges with Black Ops II, so I hope you continue to add Prestiges. I mean, would it really be bad if Ghosts had say, 100 Prestiges? Like I said, level means very little in this game, so why not the more the merrier?

Level 1
29 REPLIES

Re: Time for More Prestiges?

in reply to Brykks

Time for you to post in only ONE thread ?

Level 72

in reply to Brykks

Or trying putting the controller down and go outside. lol

Level 3

in reply to Brykks

If you prestiged in 7-8 hours then you are either boosting or cheating.

There simply isn't a way to do that even on 2xp weekends.

As for adding more prestiges, NO it will never happen. Adding more squad members and all the extra memory it would require just don't exist.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Why would they need to add more squad members? They could easily allow you to prestige each squad member again.

Level 9

in reply to AntiGov

i was thinking the same thing..

the only reply to adding more prestiges is people say, "OH DERP DERP DERP, can't cuz can't add mwore squad mumberz duhhhhh."

well ever think that they didn't have to add a squad member to add a prestige? make it a "buy prestige" options in barracks and make each prestige unlock to cost w/e amount of SP they wanted to make it... like 1,000 sp for p11, 2,000 sp for p12... and so on. and then, yes, your squad members will earn the levels across the board as you do with the prestige so they don't fall behind.

Level 15

in reply to VenserTheExiled

VenserTheExiled wrote:

i was thinking the same thing..

the only reply to adding more prestiges is people say, "OH DERP DERP DERP, can't cuz can't add mwore squad mumberz duhhhhh."

well ever think that they didn't have to add a squad member to add a prestige? make it a "buy prestige" options in barracks and make each prestige unlock to cost w/e amount of SP they wanted to make it... like 1,000 sp for p11, 2,000 sp for p12... and so on. and then, yes, your squad members will earn the levels across the board as you do with the prestige so they don't fall behind.

If they made the prestiges cost so much, the ONLY players who would reach max prestige would be the ones who do NOTHING but play all day. Think about it, in order to get all 10 prestiges you need a total of 1,515 squad points. This takes the average person around 9-10 DAYS of playtime just to be able to unlock all 10. So to unlock 11th prestige the AVERAGE player would need to play TEN MORE DAYS just to get enough to purchase them. Then, another TWENTY DAYS to unlock 12th prestige. How many players do you think have the time to play 40 days just to get to 12th prestige?

Level 34

in reply to AntiGov

AntiGov wrote:

Why would they need to add more squad members? They could easily allow you to prestige each squad member again.

Because it wouldn't work with the way the system is designed for prestiging. If you "double prestiged" a character you would have issues with all kinds of things. If people wouldn't try to race to max prestige as fast as possible and have 20+ days of playtime right now, it wouldn't be an issue. There is no one to blame other than themselves for playing so much.

Why would/should they make more prestiges for a game that has all but lost most of it's players? Tonight at 8PM PST there were 80,000 players on the 360, 14,000 on the One, and 67,000 on the PS3 (these are the systems our family have Ghosts on). A friend told me there were around 20,000 on the PS4. SO over 4 systems there were only 181,000 playing. A far cry from the 500,000+ just on the XBOX 360 last year a few days after the second map pack released.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Double prestiging characters wouldn't be that hard to code, what does that interfere with? They could easily implement a reset button that resets a character back to level 1 and relocks all their unlocked items. The character would still carry the original prestige icon but could earn a 2nd prestige icon for 11-20. Instead of purchasing a whole new character, you would just be forced to buy things again with your squad points, unless resetting a character also locks it so that you have to spend squad points on it to unlock the character again, though if they did that then I would expect the character to cost 600, 700, 800, etc up to 1500 for purchasing characters a second time.

Level 6

in reply to propipe

myevo8you wrote:

AntiGov wrote:

Because it wouldn't work with the way the system is designed for prestiging. If you "double prestiged" a character you would have issues with all kinds of things. If people wouldn't try to race to max prestige as fast as possible and have 20+ days of playtime right now, it wouldn't be an issue. There is no one to blame other than themselves for playing so much.

Why would/should they make more prestiges for a game that has all but lost most of it's players? Tonight at 8PM PST there were 80,000 players on the 360, 14,000 on the One, and 67,000 on the PS3 (these are the systems our family have Ghosts on). A friend told me there were around 20,000 on the PS4. SO over 4 systems there were only 181,000 playing. A far cry from the 500,000+ just on the XBOX 360 last year a few days after the second map pack released.

It would be following the prestige system to the letter, having all squad members prestiged would allow you to go through and prestige each one again. What kind of issues would we have? Don't just say "it won't work" without giving some sort of reason.

I don't know about you but I could care less about the people not playing this game. Ghosts has been a huge letdown to many and all but I still play it with friends.

Level 9

Studios