Uk players understand the pre order system?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Highlighted

Uk players understand the pre order system?

A strange question I know, usually I would purchase a Call of Duty game around release day with no bother however this time I decided to pre order from GAME to get a the extra content.

I pre ordered by paying 5 pounds in store and get a receipt. My questions are Can I go in on any time of that day or any other day to get that nice copy with the extra content or do I have to go at the midnight release for that copy? This is because I work night shifts and it is more convenient for me to turn up at lets say 10am to grab my copy.

My second question is knowing the exclusives with game do I only get bonus content when I arrive there? because all I have is the 5 pound receipt.

Sorry for the odd questions the people at GAME were vague with me I would just like closure because I will be paying 45 pounds in total which is a little bit more to get this bonus content if anyone can reply from the UK who have had experience with this pre order process before with past CoD games I would appreciate it thanks. 

Activision Ambassador
6 REPLIES

Re: Uk players understand the pre order system?

in reply to DaleksGamertag

The last 2 COD games I have pre ordered from GAME and this is how their system normally works.

You pay the £5 deposit for the game which is normally a " GAME " exclusive, in other words you get the extra bits and pieces.

You have the option of when to collect from the store.

1) At the midnight launch.

2) The day of release which would be when the shop opens for general trading on the 5th November.

3) Or within 1 week of the games release, I think this is negotiable depending on store location.

The DLC extras will be included in the box with the game as redeemable codes.

The midnight opening I went for to MW3 was a waste of time, I had to queue for nearly 2 hours and couldn't be bothered playing the game when I got home so for BO2 I collected my copy at 8.30 as the shop opened early for the expected rush.

Hope this helps.

Level 4

in reply to pj600r1

Sorry forgot to mention the extras are included irrespective of when you collect the game as that's why you have to pre order it, they will usually sell all of the special copies within the first few days hence the reason to only keep your copy for a certain amount of time.

Don't forget to take your receipt as well else you won't get the special copy with the extras.

Happy gaming.

Level 4

in reply to pj600r1

Thank you I kept my receipt safe very fast and clear reply I will turn up for 10am then all my worries are now gone you cheered me up buddy have a good night I am off to work.

Activision Ambassador

No worries mate just glad to help.

Level 4

Just a quick update, spoke to the manager in my local GAME store about the Ghosts launch and he said you have 48 hrs to collect the game before they put it back up for sale and you get the money refunded if you don't collect it.

Level 4

in reply to pj600r1

Ok thanks for update buddy!

Activision Ambassador

Studios