Went back and played Black Ops 2

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Went back and played Black Ops 2

I woke up this morning, and since I am on a 150 win streak on Ghosts I decided to go play some BOPS2 until my friends get online. I don't see how everyone says it's a better game then Ghosts. In my personal opinion, BOPS2 is complete garbage. I have a great connection with 50 down and 3 up and I was getting shit on even when I started shooting first. I was using the M8A1 and the MSMC which most of you know are about the best guns in that game and I couldn't do anything with them. I was just wondering how everyone else's experience was with BOPS 2 at the moment.

Level 2
103 REPLIES

Re: Went back and played Black Ops 2

in reply to FlyingWalrus007

Everyone certainly doesn't say that its a better game than Ghosts. There are a lot of whiners that come on the forums and share their disgust with Ghosts because they were adjusted to BO2 and assumed heir playstyle would transition smoothly into this game. Only to have a rude awakening.

I don't blame or look down on anyone that prefers BO2 over Ghosts. I feel these two games are polar opposites in the franchise. So negative feedback and passionate disgust is completely understandable.

Ghosts is much more my pace for a fps. The speed and non stop confrontation in BO2 was tiring and frustrating for me.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

I agree with you. The people who complain about Ghosts just aren't adjusted to it. They're used to the run and gun play style that was present in BOPS2 and you just simply cannot play like that in Ghosts.

Level 2

"The people who complain about Ghosts just aren't adjusted to it."

That's false. From what some people have led you to believe, not everyone who complains are one of those people who struggle at the game. What about the complaints on the spawns? Are you saying that people should have to adjust to getting spawned behind/in front of enemies and not say a word about it?

Level 8

in reply to Ovrlord

I was told if you construct a tin foil hat and concentrate really hard you can will yourself to spawn exactly where you want, but I'm convinced that even doing that is enough.

Level 2

in reply to Ovrlord

No, you are correct. Not everyone. Gbear106 was just agreeing with what I said but generalized it.

"There are a lot of whiners that come on the forums and share their disgust with Ghosts because they were adjusted to BO2 and assumed heir playstyle would transition smoothly into this game."

Ghosts has plenty of whiners that have probably never played BO2.

Level 75

SMH Not another person who says you cannot run and gun in Ghosts like you could in other games.

I agree Blops 2 is horrid. IMO either the worst or second worst since Cod 4.

Level 9

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Well said, Hattor, though i agree with some of the subsequent responses -- there are certainly aspects of BLOPS2 that could be argued to be objectively (using the term loosely) better than Ghosts.  I would never claim that BLOPS2 was better overall than Ghosts.  By and large, they're just "different", as you stated.

Examples of where BLOPS2 might have been better:

- Gun aesthetics.  Yeah this is pretty subjective, but the look, feel, and (most importantly) sound of the guns in BLOPS2 were so much meatier, differentiated, solid...just viscerally pleasing.

- Spawns.  Much has been said about this already, but Ghosts TDM is basically BLOPS2 FFA now (only worse and less predictable), in terms of spawns.

- Explosives and tacticals.  This is certainly debatable, particularly because certain of these were pretty OP in BLOPS2 (e.g., EMP), but considering how few people seem to be running these in Ghosts, I think it's a solid indicator of a need for a tweak.  Fully cook a 9bang and all I get is a temporary disablement of enemy equipment?  Waste of a slot.

Level 8

in reply to CurliestRogue0

Yes, very different. I'm sure there are many aspects of BO2 that can be seen better than Ghosts, just as aspects of Ghosts can be seen better than BO2.

The most important thing for the community to remember is we are all different and prefer different aspects of Call of Duty. Its a little hard for me to swallow all the criticism and reviews Ghosts has received because I love it. Truly enjoying myself. Not at all saying its technically better than BO2.

And I can completely understand how some players are the opposite of me and really enjoyed BO2 and disgust Ghosts for whatever reason. I just wish players would rise above the disgust and stop thinking Ghosts is a huge failure just because its not their cup of tea. They need to try harder to respect the choices IW made and have a better understanding that the game is for millions of players and not just them.

Sorry, maybe a little off topic, just following my train of thought.

Level 75

No offense, but if you start shooting first and still get killed they probably had better aim than you.

Also pubstomping isn't the same as playing solo

Imo black ops 2 is more about skills/reaction time and ghost is more about who sees the other person first.

This has much to do with the TTK or lagcomp in ghost that Iam suffering from, I get killed in what seems to be one shot while in the killcam the guy is spraying like half a mag at me.

Yes, I have adapted my playstyle but I still perform badly in ghost while I beast in black ops 2 for some reason.

Level 2

Studios