What happend to the good old days of cod

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

What happend to the good old days of cod

Once upon a time there were loyal cod fans who actually used stealth knowledge and skill.

Even back in mw2 with tubes, javelen, scavenger, it was still fun despite people getting upset. years of winging has caused all the fun stuff to be removed like scavenger refilling c4 and grenades etc. The games been that stripped down that subs and snipers rule. The levels arent designed to be used with a shotgun as they are too big and you get picked off long before you get near an enemy.

I still manage to get taken out with the riot shield from snipers and stupid drop shotters. The throwing knives used to bounce off the ground and back up at them better.

Remember hardhat and dome? how good were they, designed awesome and tight. you couldnt have an idiot sitting at the other side of the map with a sniper because of the way it was designed. there were little tucks you could hide behind to reload etc, not a truck in the midde of nowhere.

No more pred misile. shame as it would stop clans from locking down an entire area of the map. well maybe if they were designed better. even it it was still in the game the wingers would make sure it had the blast radius of a semtex.

You want to nerf something then nerf the movement speed and jump height of anyone using a sub. im sick of having them pogo over me and blast me.

Why have the riot sheild if its no more protective then holding up a leaf for protection.

Theres no where to put a senty gun thats going to be effective and even if it was then the spawns change or some skilless tool who couldnt get a hardline satcom uses a ground jammer. support packages should never have been invented. they just encourage run, gun and die players who wouldnt know stealth if it snuck up behind them.

Get some updates going with some fixes to this crap

get in and reply with your issues or it will never get changed

forking out for ghosts and the season pass isnt pocket change and we deserve a better game and to be listened to

Level 6
56 REPLIES

Re: What happend to the good old days of cod

in reply to Ajaffaroo

Personally I like to see changes in each game. I also accept that in trying to change the game each time, they are going to make some bad decisions and some good decisions, but that's one of the risks of trying to change a game enough from the previous version to differentiate it, but not too much that you end up losing your core returning players each release. There are always going to be some things you prefer on other COD's and some you don't.

I don't have a problem with the game in general as it's changed enough for me that I haven't become bored yet. I can always go back to BO2, if I fancy a bit of run and gun mayhem, etc. Yeah some things annoy the hell out of me in the game, but that goes for all COD's. Overall I enjoy playing all of them, each for different reasons as I have to play in a different style on each.

Level 7

in reply to Ajaffaroo

The good old days of COD were before the modern Warfare crowd hopped on...

Level 13

in reply to half-megatron

Wish I was there. I admit that I'm a MW baby-boomer. And a late one at that. Started in the spring after release. You CoD2 fellows remind me of the senior class when I was a freshman.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

HAHA! Love the CoD2 statement. I started on PC when CoD1 came out when I was a young teen. I'm not that old but I have seen the Good and the bad in CoD over the years. Not much you can do as the devs are the ones running the show. Who knows, maybe Titanfall will bring back those feelings and fun.

Level 48

in reply to Ajaffaroo

Once upon a time there were players that just played the game they were handed. Instead of wishing for a game catered to themselves with updates and hotfixes.

Level 75

Well, that's true too and I have been playing even though some things were just not right in game.

Level 48

in reply to ZvErS

Yeah. The updates are a two way street. The obvious flaws with the game that IW acknowledges such as glitches and exploits can be resolved with adjustments. Spawns can be improved. Weapon balance can be tweaked but that can be a very tricky line to walk.

The problem I see lies with the fact some of the CoD players don't respect the developers and don't just give feedback for the good of the game, but instead threaten to go play another game unless updates are implemented so they can stop raging after be killed by forces they see as broken.

Level 75

yeah righto

most hotfixes get made without any input from us

we are entitled to feedback and suggestions, after all what would be the use of the forum then

Level 6

in reply to Ajaffaroo

Forums are modern day sports bars.  It's where us fans talk to one another.  The devs probably look at the metrics to see what the most popular topics/issues are and address those, but I highly doubt they have any full-time employees reading and logging every issue they see on here.  They are part of a major corporation.  Corporations use focus groups and surveys to determine likes and dislikes and then use that data to determine changes.

In other words, if you really want to have your ideas heard, get on IW's call list for a focus group.

Heck, it would be more likely to be read if you just sent the company an actual snail mail letter.

It's just the way corporate culture works.

Level 12

Studios