What is being done to inforce punishment on the cheaters?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

What is being done to inforce punishment on the cheaters?

I can drop in to almost any match in Call Of Duty Ghost and there will be someone cheating. Be it Team Death, Domination, Search and Destroy, or even the Squads matches. The cheaters are everywhere! I have reported them and the just get new gamer tags and post stuff on youTube. they will even brag in the videos about it that they are not even worried if they get banned cause they can always get a new gamerstag and get back in. Something need to be done be it putting scouts in the game looking for these people or put them in a cheaters vs cheaters game where that's all they can play or bann them from multi player completely.

Level 1
25 REPLIES

Re: What is being done to inforce punishment on the cheaters?

in reply to Whitetiger_LEO

In my opinion yes, there are people cheating in Ghosts but I don't think (so far) it's quite the epidemic you seem to think it is.

Almost every game?  Really?

I have reported a few, I saw a guy jumping up onto the top a building on Tremor for example but I'm seeing far fewer boosters than usual and zero lag switchers so far.

There are some incredibly good players on COD, there are those who take advantage of their connection and then there are those who just had a very lucky game, I don't report people just because I got thrashed like some seem to do.

The guys monitoring the Ghosts must be swamped by false reports making their job of finding and banning the real cheats so much more difficult.

You can help them do a better job by being absolutely sure before you hit that report button.

Level 20

Anything less than waterboarding is shunned upon.

waterboarding.jpg

Its just a joke. Take it easy.

Level 75

I'm sure they get thousands of reports a day, so for them to get all of them is impossible. So basically they get away with it and will continue to do so.

Level 32

" ... I can drop in to almost any match in Call Of Duty Ghost and there will be someone cheating. Be it Team Death, Domination, Search and Destroy, or even the Squads matches. The cheaters are everywhere! ... "

British Scientists (c) have determined that a generic brand tin foils are as affective as leading brands in constructing brain-protecting, sanity-saving tin-hats.

Level 9

in reply to SPETSNAZ_MOCKBA

being sarcastic doesn't help dude

Level 1

What are you defining as cheaters? I've probably played too many games and I've yet to see someone that's "cheating", I've seen a few players 10th prestige with 1 day play time, but only a few, doesn't seem to be an epidemic like BO2.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

Cheating as defined is anything outside of the actual basic game play that allows an added advantage to said player such as moded controlers, lag switches, cranked timers, rebirth hack, perk master etc... this give the player unfair advantage over other players. u find them easily when they have a 25-30+ kill  and nobody on their team or the other team has more then 15 kills depending on the type of match your in. or they call in a drop  less then 1 min into the game and also call in chooper and a juggernaut and they only have 5 kills in the match. The best one is when a clan shows up and the score is 75 to 10 and u dump an entire lmg belt into a player that is less then 10 ft facing away and does not die turns and then walks up to u and knifes you. THAT IS CHEATING!!!! and me and my CLAN report these cheaters as the forums say and some will get banned but others just get a new tag and play on and will even put it up in youtube and brag about it.

Level 1

If anything is being done to punish anyone the public may never know,if there is any sort of punishment it gets dealt with privately.

Level 7

in reply to DeeJay85

Actually you can quite easily find the ToS for the game, and knowledge of what you get banned for and how is pretty well known too. Hacking leads to a permanent ban from CoD MP and is often passed along to the platform manufacturer where appropriate for them to take action on. MS for example will hit your console offline for good.

Boosting tended to be a weeks ban and stat reset (apart from deaths bahahahahahaha) for generic boosters, more prolific offenders get permabanned. I believe detected unauthorised peripherals (modded controller etc) leads to a weeks ban for first time offence, permaban for persistence.

EDIT: Also, for a report to be effective you HAVE to have been in a game/lobby with said player, or else it'll come up as a false report and count against the priority your report is given. If your reports seem to be ignored, you need to re-evaluate your outlook on other peoples abilities and/or the possibility you may be lagging like a beast.

Level 31

Studios