What is with the gamemodes?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: WTF is with the gamemodes?

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

well if you played poorly enough to get pushed back and then trapped into your spawn, and if you continued to play poorly so as to be unable to escape who is really to blame?

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

well if you played poorly enough to get pushed back and then trapped into your spawn, and if you continued to play poorly so as to be unable to escape who is really to blame?

That's different from spawn trapping.  If you have a good team skilled at keeping the other team in front of you, then I would say you got good map skills. 

Slums is a good map to know how to do what you described.  But I wouldn't call that spawn trapping. 

Level 40

then how would you describe spawn trapping? in order to be spawn trapped your entire team has to be killed off and at that spawn traps are not that hard to get out of even if you do get pushed back all the way, so if you continue to be spawn trapped the only person to blame is yourself

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

then how would you describe spawn trapping? in order to be spawn trapped your entire team has to be killed off and at that spawn traps are not that hard to get out of even if you do get pushed back all the way, so if you continue to be spawn trapped the only person to blame is yourself

Take it easy bro.  I know we've had our differences.  But I'm not disagreeing with you here.  LOL.

My def of spawn trapping is a narrow one (you may differ and I'm ok with it).  My definition is, without much clue as to where you are relative to others on the map, you camp out at a specific spawn point and hope for someone to spawn in front of you (more likely, this kind of wishful spawn trapper usually have their own teammates spawning next to them because the teammates are doing all the work on the other side of the map.)

I rarely get spawn killed because I know how to wait for the delay; fight the instinct to run right after spawing; throw a couple of smokes if things really get outta hand.  In fact, I tend to control spawns by being aware of where I am, where I am relative to my teammates, and where I am relative to my opponents.

A lot of people overlook the utility of simply pushing "START" (PS3) in game and observing exactly where teammates are located.  And if my team has an UAV up, forgeta 'bout it. 

Level 40

the point where an enemy is spawning in front of you in my opinion anyways, leaves the realm of spawn trapping and enters spawn killing. Which players should be punished for. A spawn trap is a situation where you can spawn and not die, but try to leave that spawning area without taking into account where they are set up, and you will die. The difference is that in a spawn trap you have a chance to collect yourself and go "okay so hes camped out here, so when I leave this area I need to either book it that way or I need to be aimed right at his face... or I can find a spot to get the drop on them". But when getting spawn killed, your dead the moment you spawn. Anyone ever play Halo 2 during the modding period? you never truly spawned, your body just fell into a pile with everyone elses. That is what I deem true spawn killing >.<

My way of dealing with a spawn trap is just like I mentioned above, either I turn the corner and aim strait for their face hoping to out shoot them, or I run, jump, dive or whatever I can to throw off their aim until im out of their line of sight. The last option is to find a way to get to a spot to where you can engage them on more equal footing, as in you both have cover.

When I play I am constantly looking at the mini map every few seconds keeping track of where my team is and more importantly where they are not.

EDIT: just wanted to say that my initial posts were not meant to seem like they were attacking you at all, Im just stating that from my point of view is that unless lag is involved, it is almost always the players fault as to why they died.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

But you have to admit it got boring once the objective was abandoned then it just became an annoyance. I think they should make a TDM type game mode with static spawns and call it here you go spawn exploiters have fun lol.

Level 23

in reply to evlkn1ght

I'm just hoping that fthey have Hardcore Domination to go along with whatever new Hardcore modes they might bring. And it's kinda weird how Headquarters is gone, but Search still remains.

Level 22

in reply to Noob_Lyncher

no hardcore dom for us.... they obviously dislike hardcore... they have butchered it in ghosts. a big middle finger by infinity ward/activision to ALL hardcore players.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to evlkn1ght

I Agree. There seems to be a lot of really good stuff missing on ghosts. Let's forget all the boost bs, it was up to iw to make the point system fair. The point is that people enjoyed those game modes, I loved hard point/ drop zone and the forums showed their popularity. Theatre mode gone so we can't spot cheaters? No "you killed" pop up to show you who you killed, only the stupid kill feed thing. All the kill streaks we've had and seen before...do I go on......

Level 16

in reply to evlkn1ght

As long as Domination stays I will be happy. Sound like I won't have a problem with that though as it is QUITE a popular mode. Switched to HC in the last title and havn't touched core for a long while (with exception to a little Nuketown 24/7) So as long as it is there in the HC playlist I will be one happy camper!! (pun intended..although I don't camp. lol)

Level 28

Studios