What's up with all the noobtubers?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

What's up with all the noobtubers?

Lately I've seen a drastic increase of noobtubers.  Now I don't usually mind noobtubers because most of them suck and only noobtube because they can't kill anything with a normal weapon.

But when a good player decides to noobtube things start getting annoying. Because not only do they know all the sniper spots,  they know where each side starts and where players respawn depending on which section they are controlling. So for a good player, it's extremely easy to get multiple kills, spawn trap kills and revenge kills with noobtubes.

On the other hand, even with Blast Shield on I find myself dying to one tube more often than not. Which makes me believe they over nerfed some defences against explosions and nerfed IEDs, Riot Shield etc. to the point where noobtubing has become a more legit strat than it was before.

Anyone else get this feeling?

Level 5
23 REPLIES

Re: What's up with all the noobtubers?

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

They are silly easy to use, and still far too effective.

This combination + this community always equals overuse.

Especially heinous in Hardcore. Nothing worse that having the jump on an enemy, making a better tactical decision, and they just fire in your general direction and get the kill.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Especially heinous in Hardcore. Nothing worse that having the jump on an enemy, making a better tactical decision, and they just fire in your general direction and get the kill.

This times a thousand!

Level 8

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

I have noticed things come in waves.  I play dom a lot with my clan and its usually one week we get bombed with noob tubes, grenades and semtex's then all of a sudden it just stops and no one uses them again, then the next week everyone we play uses flash bangs and concussion grenades and then it stops.  And lately its been a lot and i mean a lot of marathon and agility users.  Now those are starting to die down.  It seems week in and week out the wave changes to a different item or perk.

Level 4

in reply to thebigmac316

Maybe ppl are just getting bored with the game, and are mixing it up a lil. But it does seem to come in waves

P.S. marathon+agility+no fall damage= hella fun

Level 9

in reply to ErUPtiON

So glad AW has no fall damage. Its become a pet peeve of mine recently.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to thebigmac316

Like i said things come in waves.  Now the last day and a half I see A LOT of people using stalker.  Before this I rarely see anyone use that perk.

Level 4

in reply to thebigmac316

I've used Stalker day one of Ghost. I cant blame people, Stalker is dope.

Level 43

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

Tubes always come in waves with camping playing alot of hardcore Tdm lately and people sit in the same spot the entire game just waiting for people its getting really bad lately so more people are tubing. It's really funny though how many people that complain about tubes are the same ones that sit still the entire game and don't just use a trophy system.

I think lmgs with thermal sites and corner camping with rippers far more noob then tubes.

Level 2

in reply to slowandsmooth

I don't have a problem with using tubes to unseat campers. It's a good tactic.

My issue with them is how quickly they fire in run and gun, and how close range some can kill you. It annoys me more when the campers are the ones using them. If you need to sit in a corner with a noob tube... you have to re-evaluate your life choices.

Activision Ambassador

Studios