Wheres Ghosts Gone...?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Wheres Ghosts Gone...?

in reply to trialstardragon

Mmm. But you're also assuming that his idea of fun is serious competitive stuff. I think that if an assumption is made at all it should at least be educated and based on many interviews and statements. One thing I do know is the debs are trying to keep us all happy even if they fail. I disagree that Mark Rubin would want the game only to appeal to serious competitive gamers which is what you suggest. Have you watched the latest video, it suggests that players from all walks of life and occupations would enjoy call of duty, leaning more I would guess probably to a good belly laugh than serious pro stuff.

The game has always tried to cater for the pro and the belly laugh brigade and I really don't think that the devs would ever try and steer it any other way, but without guessing we and speaking to him directly we will never know...

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Actually they are not trying to keep all happy just the largest majority of the players that is the easiest to keep happy. But what you say has some merit without him actually telling which he never will for if he did and it was not what the players wanted more would not buy the game. If he wanted more general fun and mayhem the competitive players would get upset. if he wanted more serious and competitive the casual players would get upset. So he basically has to take the middle ground and not really say which way in the end.

Level 70

Ps I know you said "could"  mean his idea of fun is something else so ok, but what I'm saying is how do you support that theory without any history of probability? I have heard countless times from the devs themselves that they don't want it too serious which is the opposite of what you say they might want?? Serious competitive is surely more pro stuff. Fun is more your everyday joe I would imagine. Anyway don't sit on the fence starting the could maybe thing trails so you escape conviction, what you're really saying is how you want it but you're hiding behind the famous neutral default!

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Lets set the clock back to BO.. a dev of 3arc goes and watches a mlg tournament.. next thing ya know there is a competitive list added when there was still other issues that needed addressed first. Next came MW3.. again a game that had several flaws and yet the face off game mode was added a game mode based around smaller maps and teams for faster more competitive game play. Then we got to now where BO2 had codcasting and lp both basically specifically created for MLG and GB style game playing. With each new title the game has focused more on the competitive side of the game. Now if you look forward with that sort of information it is not hard to extrapolate that there will come a title that is based more around mlg/gb and less around casual fun playstyles.

I always ride the fence. for which direction it ultimately goes does not matter. If the game becomes less than what I like I will simply quit playing it and leave it behind me and find a new game dev and game to play instead.

I already wait to see what destiny is going to be like and if anything half as good as the earlier Halo games before Halo 4 and its attempt to be a Halo/Cod hybrid I may be going back to bungie and exiting this franchise. I already will not be buying the season pass any time soon for Ghosts when it comes out because of the reksinned maps bs of BO2.

Level 70

Same here. It will be a sad day indeed if I ever walk away from cod. Sad to say it but it's been part of my life up to now, my entertainment. But if it doesn't allow me to enjoy it, and I find it more frustrating than fun, and the features I enjoy aren't on there, then it's off to titian fall for me too...

Level 16

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Youre an idiot trailsgarden!!!

Level 16

in reply to RUSTY GUN

Say what now?

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

his reply was really to me. just mis posted it to you instead at first.

Level 70

Studios