Who wants to see smaller fast paced maps

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Who wants to see smaller fast paced maps

in reply to Bubbakush1

this ^^ and last year when bo2 dropped it was the most returned game (true story) and the year before that samething, that statement is an augment tacit nothing more.

Level 33

in reply to AlteredVista

AlteredVista wrote:

No Ghosts population numbers are because of sales and a split playerbase. Let me explain:

1. MW3 and Black Ops 2 had a ton of negative reception and the series is trending downward

2. The Ghosts reviews are below the other cods (subjective and mostly about campaign, but they do effect some people)

3. The Xbox playerbase has been split between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One

4. The hype of other shooters like Titanfall and Destiny and people wanting to try new things.

The online population is a reflection of the lower sales numbers of Ghosts. Ghosts launch sales were far below past cods which was before anyone knew anything about the maps. If you believe the new cod completely kills the old cod then you would be wrong. Last xbox live chart (from majornelson.com) I saw there were four or five cod games in the top 15 on xbox live's activity chart. When WAW was in it's prime, Cod 4 was still just one place below it in online population through the whole year. When Black Ops came out, MW2 was still very strong just a couple places behind. When MW3 came out Black Ops was just one spot below it on the xbl charts. The population being close to Black Ops 2 has to do with the fact that Black Ops 2 has more sales and the next gen consoles split the playerbase. Splitting the playerbase has put next gen players on a console with only a million copies sold. This split has a snowball effect leading to overall lower populations.

You can not place blame on one aspect of the game when there is no evidence for it. I personally find the maps MUCH better than MW3 and Black Ops 2.

I have Ghosts on both the XBOX 360 and XBOX One. There is only between 15,000-20,000 people playing on the One at any given time. My buddy owns a PS3 and PS4. He says there are around 115,000-125,000 on the PS3 and only around 15,000 on the PS4 at any given time. Between those FOUR consoles, that is around 250,000-300,000 players on at the four month period into this COD's lifecycle. During the FIRST map pack release just on BO2 there were numbers in the MILLIONS on at ONE TIME just on the XBOX 360.

And YES shortly after release (I believe 2 weeks, or 3 weeks) retailers such as Gamestop WOULD NOT TAKE USED COPIES OF GHOST due to the resounding high return rate coupled with the poor sales of the large stock that they already had.

Simply put the maps are TOO BIG for a 6v6 shooter game. The only maps that shipped with the game worth playing are Tremor, Warhawk, Strikezone, and MAYBE Prison Break. The other maps are just too large for any type of flow or smooth gameplay. Couple the fact that people would run for a minute or more and not see an enemy only to get shot in the back by an enemy that just spawned 2 steps behind them, it makes for poor gameplay.

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to propipe

ah before tf came out there was 40k on the one from 9 to 12 mountain time on week nights.  i pretty much play every night.

Level 33

in reply to propipe

Why did you quote that? You didn't disprove anything I said. You just look like another angry kid who sucks at Ghosts and needs to find a way to complain.

Level 15

in reply to propipe

I bought Black Ops 2 on launch and I do not EVER remember the game in the millions of players on Xbox 360. I was doing these tests like this last year and BO2 would say during double exp weekends that 450k people were online, but in reality 250k were in online public matchmaking. There are many things in these games and you can not compare totals when we don't know what the totals represent. For example, Black Ops 2 might count campaign and Ghosts doesn't track it. There are a variety of unknowns as to what this total population statistic refers to. Point is that there is no evidence to suggest that BO2 is more successful than Ghosts right now in terms of multiplayer. Perhaps Ghosts is doing a little worse than BO2 was at this point in it's lifecycle. I have laid out a variety of reasons that you quoted, but unfortunately it seems you did not read.

Level 15

in reply to AlteredVista

What's even worse is the map pack phenomena. That shrinks the player base as well. Stinks that you have to go to a seperate lobby from regular matchmaking to play them. I would imagine it will be that way for all the packs. And what happens if someone only gets one map pack and skips the others. Even less lobbies.

Level 1

in reply to xXxkingfatalxXx1

People can 1 star the OP all they want but the player counts completely back his point up.

Spawns and maps are the biggest turn offs for the mass consumer in this game. The lack of simple and symmetrical layouts is a casual killer in reality. Maps needed to be bigger than Blops II but they went too far to the other end of the spectrum. 6 vs 6 on maps like Stormfront is not fun. It's a chore. A game becoming a chore is a massive problem.

Level 21

in reply to Carvalho16

i completely agree.  numbers tell all... these maps would be perfect if they would have allowed 8 v 8 or maybe even more.

Level 11

in reply to Sledgehammer232

Sledgehammer23248 wrote:

i completely agree.  numbers tell all... these maps would be perfect if they would have allowed 8 v 8 or maybe even more.

Even on XBOX One where there is ground war, maps like Stonehaven, Seige, Chasm, Flooded, Whiteout, and Stormfront still feel large as 6 or more people on each team want to lay in a dark spot and wait for people to run by. These maps simply have ZERO flow as to how the game is played. Maps should be somewhat symmetrical, limited paths (as this is where the fun of the game is, so team can fight for the "power positions"), and less clutter. There should NEVER be spots that a player can blend in seamlessly into the background and "disappear".

Level 34

in reply to propipe

Have to disagree, these maps are far better than the simple mlg style maps of three lanes where everyone fights over choke points. These maps allow for more and varied different flank routes which is why some hate them because they cannot just face forward all the time(the campers). They have to watch behind them and most CoD players don't like having to think that far. There is flow to the maps, but it is a more open aspect and not limited where campers can head glitch the choke points for easy kills like in BO2 and MW3. And from a stealth view, yes there needs to be places where a player can lay prone and blend in and be nearly invisible to anyone not paying attention.

It is about paying attention and not just headless adrenaline rushing and is why the rushers do not like this game. It is not as easy for them as BO2, MW3 was. You have to play smart to be a rusher on the larger maps. But most rushers who play CoD are not as smart as they like to think. So get mad when they die to anyone in places they normally would not think to check. That is why rushers like smaller symmetrical maps where things are limited and predictable where everything looks nearly the same on each side so less thinking is needed about where players may be.

Level 70

Studios