Who wants to see smaller fast paced maps

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Who wants to see smaller fast paced maps

in reply to xXxkingfatalxXx1

I miss the days of MW2 and Black Ops 1 every map in those two games allowed for all styles of play. Those maps were mostly medium sized and large maps and I have to say they are way better then any small map. If you want small maps go back to Black Ops 2 or go play Face Off Mode in MW3 I am sick and tired of garbage small maps. Just because you want an easy fast paced forced to run easy to spawn exploit game doesn't mean that other Call of Duty veterans want them. Yes Call of Duty 4 was good but it wasn't because it had four small maps it was because of the game as a whole.

Level 18

in reply to TheDarkOne123

TheDarkOne123 wrote:

I miss the days of MW2 and Black Ops 1 every map in those two games allowed for all styles of play. Those maps were mostly medium sized and large maps and I have to say they are way better then any small map. If you want small maps go back to Black Ops 2 or go play Face Off Mode in MW3 I am sick and tired of garbage small maps. Just because you want an easy fast paced forced to run easy to spawn exploit game doesn't mean that other Call of Duty veterans want them. Yes Call of Duty 4 was good but it wasn't because it had four small maps it was because of the game as a whole.

If you look at BO1 maps there were more medium to small maps. Remember you have to take into account the amount of buildings and the number of levels in those buildings as well. Also the "random clutter" which adds dynamic map space as well. This is the problem with the maps in Ghosts. It's not that the map boundaries are necessarily large, but the amount of playable space with hidden areas. Take for example a map like Sovereign. The map itself is about the size if Firing Range from BO1, BUT with the addition of random boxes, cubicles, four areas that are upstairs, the ramps running on the second floor, the underneath areas, and the little rooms, the map plays larger (in play space) than the biggest maps on BO1.

These maps were small/medium maps in BO

Crysis, Firing Range, Grid, Hanoi, Havana, Jungle, Launch, Nuketown, Radiation, Summit, Villa, Stadium, Stockpile, Zoo, Drive in, and Hanger 18.

A total of 16, yes SIXTEEN medium to small maps.

The larger maps were

Array, Cracked, WMD, Berlin Wall, Discovery, Kowloon, Convoy, Hotel, Silo, and Hazard.

A total of 10.

Large maps have ZERO place in a "fast paced arcade style shooter". If you want larger maps where it takes 5 minutes to find enemies, go play Battlefield.

Level 34

in reply to propipe

If you want action as soon as you spawn go play Black Ops 2. Call of Duty Ghost maps aren't big they are actually smaller then Derail what I find funny is that I was able to finish a game in Derail way more then in this game. The problem is not because the maps got bigger it's because Call of Duty players became slower. These maps aren't even big there are only two large maps in this game. The problem is that the maps are too open and have to many vantage points looking at the the open areas preventing people from flanking. There are also no points of extreme interest so TDM matches last long because there are no areas better then other areas in the map this is bad for rushers who think everyone should rush. This is good for people who are unbiased and bad for campers who need traffic. If they were to make better maps they wouldn't be smaller instead there wouldn't be as much open areas there would be clutter and buildings and more openings to allow rushers to be able to rush again. Also I don't why you are bringing Black Ops 1 into this when only two maps were actually small so yea small maps aren't good Face Off and Black Ops 2 are proof because of the bad spawning and how easy it was to spawn camp and camp. This game only needs medium to large sized maps to be fast paced it's all about the design that counts and it depends on player willingness to move as well.

You see this isn't an adrenaline game it's a fast paced game fast paced isn't about map size it's about being able to find an enemy if you go looking for them. Fast paced doesn't mean Black Ops 2 it's more of a MW2. Also why are you bringing Battlefield 4 into this when I can finish a game faster in that game then in this one so it's more "fast paced" then Call of Duty when you look at it in the way that I do. It's funny that you you think it takes five minutes way to exaggerate cause it only takes thirty seconds to find an enemy. Even Titanfall has bigger maps and I don't have a problem finding people in that game. So what's Call of Duty Ghost's excuse when it has smaller maps then then Call of Duties older then MW3 and smaller maps then most of the other FPS? The game doesn't need smaller maps you just need to learn where to look.

Level 18

in reply to propipe

Also small maps have no place in a current gen or next gen games so whats your point?

Level 18
Highlighted

Old gen players cannot handle that idea, they want their thimble size maps to remain dominant in the game for ever.

I guarantee if noobtown was added to this game but the other side of the street was opened making it a bit larger players would cry it was ruined and nolonger fun...

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Exactly. I can only dream of maps that are actually realistically designed with dynamic weather with full destruction of anything inside the playable area. Where altitude is embraced again and not shunned because it might give a "camper" or sniper an edge. Where maps don't have three lanes but are instead medium sized and large as well as unpredictable where all styles of are welcome but no style of play can be dominant unless the player is actually skilled. Oops I tend to ramble when I think about the many improvements that would improve any game. Too bad this won't happen cause no one wants a an unbiased map design that's challenging for everyone cause they prefer a game that only caters to how they play. If hackers weren't shunned from the game forums you would be getting make my aimbot better threads.

Level 18

My aimbot missed three headshots.. hey dev fix its accuracy...!!!!!!!!

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

lol I can only imagine how bad things might get if everyone was listened to. You would probably be getting my gun shoot rockets threads or make me shorter so that I am harder to hit threads. That list would take to long to even type my point is no one likes challenges anymore. I would rather have an even playing field then a game designed for how I play cause lets be honest if they did that the game would have fully automatic rocket launchers with at least twenty or so rounds. haha The day that they make unbiased game with an even playing field is the day the garbage gets separated from the noobs and good players.

Level 18

in reply to xXxkingfatalxXx1

It's funny that these 2 are stroking each other's e-peens when the FACT remains that one of the biggest complaints about Ghosts right after spawns is the map size.

In case you 2 didn't realize the player population is almost gone as NOBODY minus a few exceptions like this game. If BO2 was so hated, why at the 4 month period in it's lifecycle, did it have 5x more players on JUST THE XBOX 360 than all SIX platforms for Ghosts? You guessed it, THE PLAYERS HATE THE GAME.

You guy's just don't get how negatively the map design on Ghosts affects the gameplay. If you did a total square footage map of the maps in Ghosts I would almost GUARANTEE you that they are the largest maps we have seen on ANY COD game. You have to take into account the climbable objects, corners, multiple levels, etc. Some of these maps would make THREE of the better maps in previous COD's such as Firing Range, Summit, and Nuketown.

And PLEASE don't tell me how Nuketown "was the worst map in COD history" as if that were true,WHY would it be on of the highest voted for maps by the players?

Level 34

in reply to propipe

So the greatest maps to you are the ones that are easiest to spawn kill in? That makes more sense you want an easier game.

Level 18

Studios