Why Activision-IW need to start reading these forums more often

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Why Activision-IW need to start reading these forums more often

I recently read a post of someone asking if it would be a good idea for IW to "lock up the Operations again as they used to be, where they only came out every few days and not all at once."

This is one in MANY posts of people making all sorts of seemingly "ridiculous" requests, and yet, are they truly ridiculous? Is the game growing stale, not due to connection or camping or spawn issues but because the game itself isn't providing true fun, anymore?

Take this one gamer's request about "locking the Operations," again.

While I definitely think that after unlocking the Operations, more and more people have been throwing hissy fits because they've gone full Prestige and have nothing else to do in the game and there is no "Fresh Start," do we not understand how they may feel? Let's face it, not everyone is interested in getting all the patches or all the camos for every single weapon, but people were pretty excited when everything was finally unlocked; at least at first, they were. Maybe Activision-IW need to begin paying attention to all these "dumb" or "thoughtless" requests, and note that perhaps they are quite simply a symptom of a growing tedium for the franchise.

Now, I do not claim to know what they should or shouldn't do. Should they, like some suggest, release new Kill Streaks and/or equipment? Should they finally deliver on the promise of the dedicated server, as others continue to hope for? I do not know.

One thing is for certain, though, the Franchise and its Developers/Publishers do not have the luxury of taking any more chances right now and they really need to think up every possible scheme so that CoD players (on the 360, especially) do not leave them when that other game with the "robots" finally comes out on the 8th of April, which, coincidentally, is four days after the release of the next DLC (yeah right, "coincidentally" ).

With Warface coming out this summer, IW really needs to start giving us more than just maps with their DLCs, and discontinue charging us so damn much for a set that only has three new maps and one re-skinned old map. (I will not even mention how horrendous the prices are for all other items. Some people do not mind paying $4 for a character skin, or $2 for a wolf.)

If someone asked me right now to be thoughtfully honest about what I think is going on, I'd say it seems like IW is charging so much for all these petty things because they have been ordered to bail ship by Activision. Activision has already told them that this will be their last game as IW Studio and that the franchise is going to be left for Sledgehammer and Treyarch to continue.

But of course, no one is asking me and I wouldn't know these things anyway. Just a wild guess.

Level 12
38 REPLIES

Re: Why Activision-IW need to start reading these forums more often

in reply to thaesino

thaesino, i know this isn't appropriate for your post but is there a way for me to restart my multiplayer game?

Level 1

in reply to Chippster13

No way to reset stats. They removed it from this game.

Level 5

in reply to Chippster13

It's actually very appropriate, Chippster13. This is precisely what I mean in my post. Gamers, such as yourself, continue requesting things that would no doubt make them want to KEEP PLAYING THE GAME, which - for the sake of the franchise - it means that you would keep PAYING for the game.

You're certainly not the first to ask for such a thing, and yet, nothing has been done about it. There are people who reached 10th Prestige by January and were requesting it THEN, and yet... no response; nothing.

I recently started dually playing both Ghosts and Black Ops II, and when I put in my Blops 2 disc, I forgot I had gotten almost everything there was to get and had 10th Prestige. So... naturally, I did a Fresh Start. At that moment, I though to myself... "Wait. Ghosts doesn't have the ability to do this. What??" I couldn't understand.

There are people who went so far as to start fresh 4 or 5 times while Blops 2 was the newer game. They'd get bored and go and play MW3, but then they'd be back to Blops 2 with a fresh start. They'd do things like upload crazy moments to Theater mode and whatnot. Stupid little things that, all together, have the possibility of making a game ACTUALLY fun. Now, is Blops 2 without its many problems? No. But the playlists were ALWAYS full. Is Ghosts not a fun game? OF COURSE it's a fun game. But I have to admit, along with others, that the fun in Ghosts got old much quicker than it did in Black Ops II.

Am I a Treyarch fan? Not at all. My favorite games have been MW, MW2, WaW, and Black Ops 2. Blops was okay and MW3 was okay. I haven't decided on Ghosts just yet, because I feel that there is still room for improvement.

Will Activision-IW improve this game before it's too late? Who knows! Maybe they know it's not "as fun" and that's why they didn't add a "Fresh Start" option. They didn't want people to get bored even faster.

Maybe they just didn't add it because they're dense and do not see that people on here keep asking for little things that are certainly doable on their part. Such as bringing back Demolition and Drop Zone.

Whatever the case, it is in their hands to improve the game and in our hands to respond, likewise: by either not continuing to pay for a product that has been given up on (what IW seems to be doing) or by continuing to pay for a product that is continuously being worked on (what many wish IW did).

Level 12

in reply to thaesino

They need to start reading these boards more because they've obviously lost touch with a large part of the fan base. Online player count being the most obvious indicator.

Level 6

in reply to CallofDookie201

Player count is fine. Lies are bad. Sales are fine. Go away troll.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to gotsomestars

Player counts were fine in BLOPS 1 500,000-750,000 online months after launch, 1,000,000+ online during DLC drops. Not all lies are bad. Sales are dropping. Go sit on IW's pole...

Level 6

I Wonder just wonder if the player count has anything to do with he fact that several million xbox players now play on the x1 o wait duh

Level 4

in reply to SLAYER2291

Several Million may have bought the game. Momentum has a lot to do with that, but look at the online numbers, you cant deny the huge drop off...

Level 6

OOk let me break it down for your extremely simple mind. It is only showing the system you are on. Example 110,000 xbox360 users. That doesn't mean that xbox1 isn't running another 100,000 users meaning the xboxlive side of things is running 210,000 players. Make sense? It is only showing the pool you are being matched against not every single player on every single system. So if ps3 is showing 100,000 and ps4 100,000 you now have over 400,000 cod players playing. So the drop off your seeing isn't exactly real so much as it's now spread across four systems instead of two.

Level 4

Studios