Why Im not buying a Season Pass

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why Im not buying a Season Pass

I agree with this point completely. I don't plan on buying the season pass for this game for the very same reason. Don't know think an online-multiplayer map pick function would work, but maybe keep a DLC only playlist open year round?

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to VanillaFlava

I got the season pass with BO2 also and There were definitely some maps in there that I wish weren't but, overall I was happy with what I got.  I would love to have the option to only play the maps I like, but the problem with implementing such a system would be severe fragmentation of the playlists which would create havoc with matchmaking.  I have 2 Xbox 360s, one just being the 4 gig slim.  I used an external drive for the DLCs but occasionally had a problem with the game not recognising one of the packs.  When that happened I used to have to wait really long to get put into a match.  The problem would be exponentially worse for some if we could just pick and choose which maps to play.

I tried upgrading to the Hardened edition when picking up my pre-order (Gamestop normally has plenty extra in reserve) but for some reason this year they didn't, so I left disappointed.  Turns out now that it was a bit of a lucky escape as I cannot see myself sticking this game out for the next 12 months with how it plays now.  There's still time for my opinion to be swayed, but if nothing changes in the next couple of months then I'll call it a day and take a break from CoD until Treyarch bring out their next effort.  

Level 29

Where do i get my FRIGGIN money back this game is JUNK

Level 1

in reply to S1npermed1c1

you cant get your money back.stop whinging

Level 9

in reply to S1npermed1c1

Then sell it or swap it. 

Level 4

More maps are always better than less maps.

If I am still enjoying the game as it gets closer to DLC season, I will get the Map Packs.

People complain about the cost... but it is still one of the biggest entertainment values out there. Days of play time for less than $150 total investment. I'll take it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I think the reason the dlc maps in BO2 didn't get picked was because of the quality. And the fact that Hijacked and Standoff got picked every single freak'n time it was an option.

The most important feature in multi is maps. The more the merrier.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Oh I dunno, I thought Grind, Rush and Vertigo were great DLC maps, and it was great having Summit, Firing Range and Courtyard back as reskins. The Courtyard Reskin makes me even more gutted that I got into CoD too late for W@W, I hear a lot of praise for that title.

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Bielsalmighty wrote:

The Courtyard Reskin makes me even more gutted that I got into CoD too late for W@W, I hear a lot of praise for that title.

No suprise that I'll say Courtyard was way better (I'm a WaW apologist.)  CY was much smaller.  You couldn't camp like you can in the BOII reskin. 

Level 40

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I don't disagree with you. But why didn't the OP play the maps too often? Most likely because they were passed up by the majority.

Level 75

Studios