Why Im not buying a Season Pass

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

I did this whole map pack thing with Black Ops II.

Sure it was a great deal, but with no way to control, which maps you play, its sort of a waste.

Ive paid for maps I never got to play, or got to play so rarely I forget I have them.

Im not gonna pre pay for maps Ill never see in MP.

There should be a master map list in your profile of the maps you want to play and not play online. And no not the squads HQ stuff, Im talking about MP online.Kinda un fair that were limited to the cheapest person in the room on which maps we play.

Level 3
35 REPLIES

Re: Why Im not buying a Season Pass

That wasn't the case until the end of BO2's lifecycle. And in any case, theres a DLC playlist after each map pack launches (though not for HC so if you are an HC player I feel your pain there)

EDIT: Anyway, I never buy the season pass in case I lose interest in the game. And tbh with Titanfall, Destiny and Fallout 4 lurking over the horizon, thats very likely to happen with this title...

Level 31

in reply to Bielsalmighty

Didn't like those DLC playlist after each map pack launch either, because they don't last.

[ now maybe if each DLC got a playlist and it stayed forever]

like the 24/7 NukeTown they gave us then removed but for only bonus XP weekends.

I should be able to chose any single map and play it till its worn out like old jeans. I paid for it.

Level 3

And that would lead to lower player pops on certain maps. Is that fair to those who enjoy those maps? They paid too.

Sometimes, you just have to accept that other people play this game too, and are just as entitled as yourself.

However please dont assume I'm being rude from the tone of what I've said, I do actually see your point. On BO2 me and the guys I play with would quite often pop into custom games, set up a stupid STUPID class and have a giggle playing FFA with each other. The ability to set up lobbies like that and open them up to public matchmaking would be sweet as hell IMO.

Level 31

they don't last, but i typically play them enough where i get sick of the maps and then go back to the original play list.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to Bielsalmighty

That got me screwed in Halo 4, bought the season pass, and only played the first one that was released. Totally lost interest after that point never even saw the other DLC. That was the last time I bought a SP.

Level 7

in reply to BamBoozeLLed

Too many good games on the horizon for me. If Ghosts manages to hold my interest then IW and Activision will have EARNED that extra tenner LOL

Level 31

350X wrote:

I did this whole map pack thing with Black Ops II.

Sure it was a great deal, but with no way to control, which maps you play, its sort of a waste.

Ive paid for maps I never got to play, or got to play so rarely I forget I have them.

Im not gonna pre pay for maps Ill never see in MP.

There should be a master map list in your profile of the maps you want to play and not play online. And no not the squads HQ stuff, Im talking about MP online.Kinda un fair that were limited to the cheapest person in the room on which maps we play.

TBH, you're exercising you rights as a consumer to not buy a product... wish we had the option with the ACA.

I agree with your point although I have a season pass. I got the hardened edition which came with it (I truly wanted the silly bracelet) or I might have held off for the same reason.

MP Map DLC should be free and mandatory to avoid playlist fracturing. ATVI can make money with micro-transactions.

... but...

We may get fewer new DLC maps as a result.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

rankismet wrote:

TBH, you're exercising you rights as a consumer to not buy a product... wish we had the option with the ACA.

I agree with your point although I have a season pass. I got the hardened edition which came with it (I truly wanted the silly bracelet) or I might have held off for the same reason.

MP Map DLC should be free and mandatory to avoid playlist fracturing. ATVI can make money with micro-transactions.

... but...

But I am alright with the lower # of maps.  You have to admit, some of the DLC maps tend to be pretty crummy.

Level 48

in reply to otisman666

otisman666 wrote:

rankismet wrote:

... but...

But I am alright with the lower # of maps.  You have to admit, some of the DLC maps tend to be pretty crummy.

So true... quality beats quantity...

... but I'm afraid if they don't do a lot... we'll just get fewer maps that still suck.

They seem to need volume to make a hit.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

Studios