Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

in reply to DarkThrasher28

DarkThrasher28 wrote:

You do bring up a valid point. Well sort of. Yeah, if the slug round had infinite distance and was a BO2 1 shot kill to virtually everywhere, it could be used and abused.

Funny you should say that... In HC a player has a health of 30, the slug does 31 damage and has NO damage drop off which makes this possible.

Level 48

in reply to DarkThrasher28

Not having played counter in years i wouldnt know but shortly turning into smg handling, gotta say that would seriously suck

Yeah but c4 and shield = no - ied buff = yes, i gotta say hell no. You drop an ied somewhere and you are basically guaranteed a kill so its not much different than c4 and shield as much as im against it. Leaving an ied on a b or c is a thing that i think they should be used for. You have about 4 min directions to which you can be flanked on most maps, watching out for ieds all the time basically leaves you vulnerable for weapons fire. if maps were designed a lot better than yeah i suppose you wouldnt have to keep an eye on 4 to 5 corners and the ground for an ied. The guy in the middle example - thats what alot do, keep doing the same thing again and again all around the map and thats whats made snipers the centre of attention for nerfing. So its these type of people that ruin them for everyone

Level 6

in reply to Ajaffaroo

Ajaffaroo wrote:

Fine keep your quick scoping but give every other weapon the same range and damage and a scope and i guarantee you will be saying but but... Its the whole cake and eat it scenario. You can kill in one shot at close range and the other side of the map with a scope on.

If my riot shield had a smash range of even 5 feet and 1 smash kill then oh no thats something that needs to be nerfed because i cant quick scope quick enough to take him out.

Give the one shot kill single slug shotgun attachment unlimited range with damage and i bet all you snipers will be complaining quick smart

I seriously think you replied to the wrong post...

... or you are deranged....

... because that made 100% no sense to anything I have written.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to DiReTRiiX

What happens in the competitive scene is irrelevant. Rest assured people will still be able to snipe with slower ADS time, increased flinch, and reduced range while using a silencer. None of those things will affect traditional sniping.

Level 20
Highlighted

in reply to NoLifeKing32

I can use the AA-12 in MW3, doesn't mean it's okay.

This will mean when I solo I'm going to have to piggyback snipers even more forcing me to run a party and then increase my chances of pubstomping.  That just leaves player dropouts.  If I wanted that I'd play BO2.  We had an increase in ADS time for sniper rifles from MW3 to BO2 and that didn't stop quickscoping so why does IW think this will be any different?  They did, after all, 'nerf' the akimbo FMG9s in MW3 I guess.

The decrease in body multipliers (not range) when using a suppressor just gives bad players a leg up because they rely on the HUD far too much to chase red dots.

Level 31

in reply to DiReTRiiX

to be honest from playing this game i dont care about qs, but i care about spawn killing with qs. The sniping in this game seems fair to me, and im not a qs. I feel that the guns are balanced which i like even the snipers. I understand the silencer needs to be fixed a little, but i feel that the flinch is fine where it is.

Level 10

in reply to DiReTRiiX

Probably because they said that "quick-scoping is not in the game" several months before release and patching that would be a hell of a lot faster and easier than trying to fix spawns and lag. Balancing snipers just involves tweaking stats for perks and weapons etc and can be completed and rolled out a lot faster, while fixing spawns and lag is a hell of a lot more involved.

Level 5

in reply to DiReTRiiX

In my honest opinion the whole increase flinch part of this nerf is needed. You can shoot at a sniper that has his scope up, when he is using focus and he will not even flinch off your body. As for me, I just hate quick scoping. I snipe sometimes, and I have gotten a few quick scopes. I myself find it cheap when I get one on an enemy who has been shooting me way before I shoot him. Quickscoping is mainly what people considered over powered because like myself, we've all been killed by a quickscope, when we started shooting first.

Level 2

in reply to DiReTRiiX

QS is retarded if you want to play a non realistic game play halo.....no real sniper in real life can QS so why have it in here im tired of snipers running around QS with the USR witch is supposed to be a 1 shot kill from chest up and they shoot me in the arm or leg and kill me its BS and if the mlg players are pros they should be able to adapt to other weapons

Level 1

in reply to DiReTRiiX

DiReTRiiX wrote:

During the days of CoD 4, Quickscoping was seen as being skilled

Really? In what community did you play the game? I guess must have been around kids messing around with that broken mechanic.

iamyourfather wrote:

The sniping in this game seems fair to me, and im not a qs. I feel that the guns are balanced which i like even the snipers.

I agree. QS already isn't a big topic on this game. The maps in Ghosts also promote the traditional use of a sniper rifle (in contrast to BO2 where snipers where more often used as shotguns with insane aim-assists)

Level 6

Studios