Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why Patch the Snipers When There's Other Problems?

in reply to DiReTRiiX

I see you're logic in this thread. I was surprised IW made changes with the sniper rifles, however, Im still as good as sniping as I was before. Quick scoping does take skill. The hardest thing about sniping is knowing when to pull the trigger; seen too many people try to quick scope and fail, its all in the trigger.

Level 43

in reply to DiReTRiiX

DiReTRiiX wrote:

I've been thinking about the choices the Call of Duty makers make for weapon balance and i feel like they don't address the right issues. Yeah quick scoping is a 1 shot but every assault rifle is a 3 shot, every SMG is around the same. If quick scoping was as OP as they say it is, why don't they do it all the time in mlg? They need to start paying attention to the actually problems such as making other weapons viable for Competitive play, once again we see a game where you only use 4 guns out of the entire weapon selection because every other weapon gets melted in killing time compared to the Remington, or the MTAR; even the assault dog is op, it takes more damage than a human, and it glitches through walls and hasn't been addressed. All im saying is I.W need to wake up and fix the problems that actually matter making the game better. im both a quickscopers and i play Comp and i see no problem with killing a quickscoper in public matches, the kids who complain about quickscoping are the kids who cant even dropshot or they cant even jump while shooting. During the days of CoD 4, Quickscoping was seen as being skilled and no one complained about it but hey i get it, because you will complain about things you cant do its inevitable.However at the end of the day the thing that needs to be fixed in cod is the community.

Why...? Because they can walk and chew bubble gum.

QS has always been seen as an exploit...

... except for those that QS and like exploits.

BTW... calling people "kids" only highlights you have no point. Just sayin'.

You're welcome.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

qs has always been seen as an exploit by bad players

thanks

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

amathyx wrote:

qs has always been seen as an exploit by bad players

thanks

Nah... it's seen as an exploit by anyone with common sense and a mere modicum of understanding of the mechanics which are being exploited.

You're still very welcome.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

saying it's an exploit would imply that it isn't intentional when it obviously is

but hey - who needs that common sense you're referring to

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

amathyx wrote:

saying it's an exploit would imply that it isn't intentional when it obviously is

but hey - who needs that common sense you're referring to

Yeah... it's so intended... that they are trying to remove it.

Common sense, no?

BTW... exploit in the context it's being used, "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage."

Merry Christmas.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

except they're not trying to remove it - especially not treyarch - if they really wanted it gone, it would be gone, not progressively getting easier

the developers aren't completely clueless

so, yes, common sense, no ??

it's only unfair to bad players

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

amathyx wrote:

except they're not trying to remove it - especially not treyarch - if they really wanted it gone, it would be gone, not progressively getting easier

the developers aren't completely clueless

so, yes, common sense, no ??

it's only unfair to bad players

You honestly have no clue how the mechanics work... or you wouldn't be labeling everyone "bad players" because they dislike the exploit. I don't feel like searching for my outline of how QS is exploiting the mechanics... but you wouldn't read it anyway since you're arguing about the definition of exploit.

What Treyarch chooses to do or not do has as much bearing on this discussion as my deep abiding love for bacon.

In simple, simple logic:

IW is attempting to remove QS from the game.

You don't remove things which are working as intended.

Therefore, QS is not intended.

Merry Christmas.

RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

i'm not arguing about the definition of an exploit ?

i'm saying it isn't an exploit, because it isn't lol

treyarch are developers for this franchise - not being involved in developing this title specifically doesn't mean their actions don't have an impact on what infinity ward does and doesn't do, and if "qs has always been seen as an exploit" then obviously their titles are also relevant, considering you can quickscope in their titles...

infinity ward isn't attempting to remove it from the game

they're nerfing it - completely different

so i should assume that everything that gets nerfed shouldn't be in the game?.do you realize how terrible that logic is?

if they wanted it gone, it would be, i don't really know what part of that is difficult to grasp

Level 16

in reply to amathyx

amathyx wrote:

infinity ward isn't attempting to remove it from the game

they're nerfing it - completely different

so i should assume that everything that gets nerfed shouldn't be in the game?.do you realize how terrible that logic is?

if they wanted it gone, it would be, i don't really know what part of that is difficult to grasp

You are right in saying that they are nerfing it instead of removing it. However, they are nerfing it to, more or less, attempt to remove it from the game. They can't just remove it because it actually has to do with the way the game engine works in the first place and they would need a whole new game engine built from scratch and patched in over the old one to remove it completely. The engine they use was never designed to allow guns to aim down sights in the first place so they have an aim-assist cone and the sniper rifles have the largest and longest (that's what she said) of all the weapons in the game. If you don't believe me, that's fine, I don't care. You can always go out and do your own research since I couldn't be bothered getting to technical with you as most of it will probably go straight over your head anyway.
Also, since you mentioned it, they do constantly nerf or buff guns throughout the 12 month life-cycle of a CoD game but the only time anybody starts to cry and complain is if they touch the sniper rifles. Virtually every gun got patched, some more than once, on Black Ops 2 but the second they patch the rate of fire on two sniper rifles, everybody loses their fucking minds and starts sending David Vonderhaar death threats and crying all over youtube. DAVID VONDERHAAR FANS GET MAD ABOUT SNIPER DSR NERF LOL - YouTube

Level 5

Studios