Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

Often times, I am in a lobby and a couple of maps come up to choose from and I don't want to play in EITHER of those maps. Kind of like Siege/Stonehaven choice or Freefall/Behemoth. So I do what a sensible person that doesn't want to play those maps does, I leave the lobby.

However, when I search again, I am seemingly restricted to this same lobby and placed back into it time and time and time again. I have been placed into the same lobby/game in excess of 8 times in succession. You will very seldom make me rage with killing me in a game (unless it's a broken spawn killing lobby), but being forced to play in a certain lobby over and over again is beyond annoying.

It's these annoying factors that really take away from the gaming experience. If a lobby is super laggy for me, I should be able to leave and choose another lobby in my game mode of choice without being thrown back into that same game endlessly. The same goes for leaving a game of spawn killing mayhem on Free Fall. I don't want to keep getting thrown into that stupid game over and over again.

Some may say, "well, it's not something they can fix or control." That's where I think you are very wrong. In BO2 (I know, I know everyone hates when you compare the two but this is necessary), if you went into a HC game and team killed until you were kicked, it would BLOCK you from rejoining that game lobby again until the match was over. So can someone please explain to me why that same logic cannot be applied to pub lobbies where you either quit or leave the lobby? You could even make it so that it requires two leaves from a lobby to be blocked from it.

I think there isn't enough emphasis on the things that make the CoD gaming experience enjoyable. What may seem like small things, can ultimately add up to a majorly unpleasant experience. So is it player nit picking or is it developer neglect? The gaming experience isn't solely about what goes on inside the game, it's all of the things that lead up to the game as well. I think a good example of this is shown with how poorly the PS3 navigation/dashboard was received, then the X1 having similar issues.

The last few nights, I turned my game off because I just kept getting slammed into the same lobbies I was trying to avoid for the reasons above. I might turn it on again tomorrow, but how many of the CoD gamers will stop turning it on because of annoying factors like this?

Level 18
48 REPLIES

Re: Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

in reply to JSlayer211

I have also had this frustrating experience. One thing I would ask you to think about is if they made the BO2 system apart of Ghosts, what happen if you lag out and you want to get back in that lobby but are unable to?

Level 15

in reply to Medrano911

I have thought about that. That's why I said they could make it a 2 leave system. That way the first time wouldn't screw you. However, if you lag out twice in a single game, you probably shouldn't be in there anyway.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

It might be a matchmaking issue or not enough players on-line in your game mode.

I run into this once and while early in the morning, I hate S&R and will always look for a new lobby, sometimes I get placed back in the same S&R lobby, I just try another mode and then go back and it's fine. I seriously doubt this is an over and over problem, either you're not waiting long enough or your rage quitting way too much and keep getting placed in the lobby you just left.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

Nah, I don't rage quit. If I get instantly placed into a game, I check before I join it. If the team I am getting put on is getting demolished and the opponents are going ham with streaks. I just leave. I don't even try to play that game, it's a lost cause lol. Yet, that's when this problem gets the worst. I get placed back into that same terrible game over and over and over again.

Besides, you have never been in a lobby where both of the maps are terrible choices and just left the lobby? I think you are a minority in the CoD community if there aren't atleast 2 maps in the game that you don't like or prefer not to play.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

I would have to agree with you. Probably one of the things that makes me rage the most is being put back in lobbies I just left..especially when they put me into a lobby when the score is 64-11 and I am on the losing side..Game is almost over and I'm losing..why would I want to stay?? WTF!!!

This would be in the top 3 of things to fix in this game only next to Spawns and Audio(for me).

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to JSlayer211

Well the low population of players in Ghosts now is the killing factor for finding lobby's.

Level 4

in reply to Be_sharp_Sabre

Be_sharp_Sabre wrote:

Well the low population of players in Ghosts now is the killing factor for finding lobby's.

I'm sorry, but that apostrophe does not belong there.

Level 14

in reply to VECTORdude

Love The flag, you gwammar nazi you!

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

*grammar

Level 14

Studios