Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

in reply to JSlayer211

I have the same problem and see other suffering too (where they leave and keep getting put back in the lobby I'm in). You get put back in lobbies you don't want to be in, matched with people on the other side of the globe when there are plenty of local players online. The matchmaking on Ghosts is just poor overall

I play on BLOPSII still as well as Ghosts and even when there are similar numbers of players online or less, I never have the same problems on BLOPSII and the matchmaking seems so much better.

It's a shame IW don't adopt Treyarc's matchmaking system.

Level 7

in reply to JSlayer211

The problem is that you do not have a CHOICE which lobby you get in due to the amount of players they have to deal with day in and day out. The play lists for example have limited space so if they had to add something they would have to remove something. Think of it like trying to get 20 people in an elevator, if you want to make it 21 people you cant.

So to save space in the "matchmaking slots" they just bunch everyone up all together with each other. Giving people a choice or holding someone back from joining a particular lobby would mean they would require more matchmaking space they dont have.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

I'm not sure how that makes sense. I'm not saying that it's not true, that I just don't understand it. Also, how did Treyarch manage to do it for BO2 HC if it's not possible? Your explanation seems counter intuitive to the systems that have already been put in place.

I can understand about the amount of players they have to deal with, but if I don't want to be put back into a lobby or have left it they should want me to not be placed back into a game I'm not enjoying.

Let's say there are only 11 people playing in a game mode. So there is currently only one game running at a time. I join the game and the lag is unbearable, one team is spawn killing, and streaks are going off everywhere. I leave the game. Instead of placing me BACK into that same game session. It should just see that I chose to leave it and act as follows. Give a prompt that this is a game I have left previously, Rejoin? A= yes B= no. If I choose no, I just sit in the lobby until the next game is available or play another game mode with more people.

I don't see how this would require more "slots" as I am simply queued for the next game. Not running another game instance or game mode within the lobby. I don't believe there is such a thing as "matchmaking space" because then it would be possible for a less popular game mode to be suddenly overwhelmed if everyone left TDM and joined Reinforced the server would crash? Nah, that just doesn't even sound likely.

Level 18

I'm not sure I understand you correctly either starbuckfrack. I don't know how adding a playlist and removing one is related to the OP wanting to prevent being put back in the same lobby of the existing playlist he's playing and instead being put in another available lobby or starting a fresh one for the given game mode/playlist he's currently playing.

I understand them not creating too many playlists/game modes if the playing population is small, as you then spread it too thinly across the different playlists. However, I wouldn't have thought they were limited to player space within the existing playlists. As JSlayer211 says, what happens if suddenly a shed load of players decide to play. Surely the matchmaking wouldn't prevent those players entering lobbies or starting fresh lobbies because they only have limited spaces.

Maybe I've misunderstood the relation of playlists to matching making slots that you mention. If so, sorry.

Level 7

in reply to Robwolves

Its called memory allocation. And the fact that having a playlist IS using limited space. I would suggest looking thru the older forums like MW3 and Blops 1 where they told us forum members that they playlist was limited. If you searched you might find some statements back when they had the 24/7 Nuketown playlist for example and see where the devs talked about it then. When they added Nuktown 24/7 they had to temporarily rearrange the play lists to fit them in. It gets too detailed to rexplain it here but they talked about it in detail during Black Ops 1. I am too busy to reiterate it rigith now, sorry.

Short version, If for example in HC TDM they aonly had 12 lobbies total in the playlist they could have and 11 lobbies were full they could not give you a choice to join a 13th lobby. Each game when released has a limited amount of playlists.

But ALL of us have to deal with a laggy lobby at some point, so that excuse is not only old but has been used almost daily since I joined the forum 6 years ago. If you dont want o get stuck in the same lobby then stop quitting games. It is your god given right to not be in a game that you dont want. But it is also their right not to cater to people that shouldnt be leaving games in the first place.

Level 72
Highlighted

I hardly believe CoD:Ghosts is "maxing" their online abilities with the low population. The two don't really mesh well together as a logical argument. Last night, there were 85k people online at around 6pm central. 2500 of them were in KC.  If every game is absolutely full, that's 208 games roughly running with an incomplete lobby to boot. You mean to insinuate to me that CoD: Ghosts cannot robustly support such a small and dwindling online playerbase, but BO2 can and IS currently? BO2 was and is much more successful of a game than Ghosts, yet their HC modes could block you from game session re-entry without issues. Ghosts having a smaller playerbase would mean they have more memory to allocate across the board if it's a consumption of resources issue. Since they don't have to generate NEARLY as many game sessions or lobbies there should be a TON of resources just idling if what you say is true.

Have you ever been a full second behind others in a game? I have and it's not just a matter of "play better" or "stick it out." If the game is unplayable, it just isn't playable for you in that given lobby. It's not a matter of being a quitter or not. If someone is running circles around you and you can't get a hitmarker, you aren't even able to compete. Call it an excuse if you like, but lag isn't the Boogie Man, it's real.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

First of all how do you know you are a full second behind every player ? Because you arent a full second behind. I you were that would mean your ping and the other person ping would be at 500 EACH. 500 ping would be almost once around the world and back to your town.. Do you use the killcam to assume that ?

You should really search on the subject and please try to understand. Its not the amount of PLAYERS that is limited it is the amount of GAME TYPES. It has nothing to do with the playerbase. This game has the addition of Squads mode so right there that limits the space of memory.

I never claimed I was a developer in COD I am a gamer just like you, and either I nor you know how it rally works. But at least I have read up on it and you even refuse to use the search feature to see how it works. You just assume your idea would work.

Its bad enough that other people cry about this same subject every day and create a new thread on the same spammed topic but why are you so important that you cant just add your thoughts to an existing thread instead of starting a new one on the same old ten year old topic ?. Are you the Presidents son or something ?

As well as all COD games (probably) have to pay for the space they use for matchmaking. Did you ever think of that ?

And I am sorry but where did I say lag didnt exist.?

I SAID that we all play the same exact game like you. Burt when I get in a laggy game I dont wimp out and quit. I played MANY laggy games including one on the Satllite map in one of the previous CODs . The lag was so bad it was 5 FPS for 90 percent of the match. Did I quit. NO.I play the same exact game as you with the same different pings in every game with 1000 other players with varying pings, If I get lag I dont blame the game and quit I change my playstyle. I have NEVER quit a game and I am getting the same exact connections overall that you are.

You also have to remember that IW has at least FOUR playlists right now not two. PS3, PS4, 360, and the ONE. Previous CODs only had the space to run playlists for 2 major consoles before. They have to pay for space to run for all of those PLUS the players that play on dedis to another provider . When you take two employees out for lunch on a 20 dollar budget that budget doesnt go as far with 4 people. Microsoft charges for "matchmaking space" they never give much away for free.

Level 72

What you just did is call making a big assumption. Assumptions are a terrible thing to make. I know this because I use sitrep the majority of the time. So it's really easy for me to find enemy equipment and shoot it. so, unless you believe that an IMS has astonishing dodging capabilities, it's REALLY easy to determine how far you are behind by shooting one. If you shoot an IMS and the hitmarker doesn't show up for a full second, you ARE behind by a full second. That's just the short and curlies of the situation. I have had the same situation happen with stationary campers. I find them and begin shooting them but hitmarkers don't start registering until sometimes over a second later at point blank range and them unaware of my presence. I know the difference of kill cams and actual gameplay. I am not using kill cams to justify what I experience every day.

So your argument about game types is completely invalid. Noone here is talking about adding or modifying game types. Just modification of the join in progress for games that you have already chosen to leave and taken a loss for or lobbies that you just don't want to play in.

I don't assume anything as you do about the lag issues others deal with ingame. What I do is wait for those with valid or even logical points of view to enlighten me on the issue at hand. I don't believe the search feature will yield much in the way of what I want to discuss as you would have undoubtedly linked me to such a good thread about this already. Yet, you haven't. Just as an fyi, that's another assumption of yours that I didn't search anything on this issue. I have read up on it and for the most part noone has a definitive answer as to how it works because they aren't developers either.

And then it gets worse. Your whole argument reduces down to the "crying" and "whining" argument. If that's not sad enough you appoint yourself a mock moderator to give me lessons on all the threads that say the same thing. Is this what you do when your argument doesn't really have an intellectual leg to stand on? I think you have contributed all that you can here, not much.

About them having to pay for space, again a futile argument. 3arch is paying for their space just fine, is IW hard on cash or something that we all don't know about except yourself.

You didn't say lag didn't exist, but your dismissive stance that it's just an "excuse" insinuates that it's an invalid argument. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Well if you enjoy laggy games and can prove to the internet that you aren't a "wimp," then good for you! However, those of us that enjoy good competitive games will opt out for something balanced. You obviously haven't played with the same lag as some of us since earlier in your post you don't seem to believe it even is possible. Remember? Lag like that would be enough to go around the world and back to my home right? Those that can say they have HONESTLY NEVER quit a game are less than 0.0001% of the CoD population. That game should not be catered to such a minuscule population of CoD apologists. CoD needs another "yes" man like a hole in the head.

That's an incomplete analogy that you are offering up. All of that population combined is STILL much lower than previous CoD's per respective console maker. The correct analogy would be buying 2 $5 buffets for 2 adults or buying 1 each per adult and 2 children's meals. Xbox one population is almost nonexistent depending on the timeframe in which you are playing.

I don't want to continue to discuss something that is completely unrelated, making playlists and your definitions of wimpy quitters. That's NOT what this thread is about.

There was once an option to choose to search by "best connection" or "fastest game." These things were great additions to the game and should have continued to be an option in the game.

If I don't like the two maps being voted for and just don't want to play either and leave the lobby before the match starts, I don't want to be continually thrown into that lobby. Your argument about playlists, quitters, and lag excuses doesn't fit. Please stop trying.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

JSlayer211 wrote:

What you just did is call making a big assumption. Assumptions are a terrible thing to make. I know this because I use sitrep the majority of the time. So it's really easy for me to find enemy equipment and shoot it. so, unless you believe that an IMS has astonishing dodging capabilities, it's REALLY easy to determine how far you are behind by shooting one. If you shoot an IMS and the hitmarker doesn't show up for a full second, you ARE behind by a full second. That's just the short and curlies of the situation. I have had the same situation happen with stationary campers. I find them and begin shooting them but hitmarkers don't start registering until sometimes over a second later at point blank range and them unaware of my presence. I know the difference of kill cams and actual gameplay. I am not using kill cams to justify what I experience every day.

Just because it takes a full second doesnt mean you are a full second behind, a thing called latency is responsible and that is created because of a thing call PING. Your shooting has to be fired on your end and the firing doesnt do anything yet , then it has to tell the host that you pulled the trigger then that resonse takes time to get back to you. That is normal. If it takes a full second (which I doubt because I NEVER was a full second behind) that would mean that you have a very very lousy connection to the host. Your shots are never instant even if you played bot mode either.

So your argument about game types is completely invalid. Noone here is talking about adding or modifying game types. Just modification of the join in progress for games that you have already chosen to leave and taken a loss for or lobbies that you just don't want to play in.

I don't assume anything as you do about the lag issues others deal with ingame. What I do is wait for those with valid or even logical points of view to enlighten me on the issue at hand. I don't believe the search feature will yield much in the way of what I want to discuss as you would have undoubtedly linked me to such a good thread about this already. Yet, you haven't. Just as an fyi, that's another assumption of yours that I didn't search anything on this issue. I have read up on it and for the most part noone has a definitive answer as to how it works because they aren't developers either.

And then it gets worse. Your whole argument reduces down to the "crying" and "whining" argument. If that's not sad enough you appoint yourself a mock moderator to give me lessons on all the threads that say the same thing. Is this what you do when your argument doesn't really have an intellectual leg to stand on? I think you have contributed all that you can here, not much.

Where did I act like a moderator, I made a factual statement , you thread has been complained about daily for years. You adding another thread one the same old discussion wont change their mind how they do things.

About them having to pay for space, again a futile argument. 3arch is paying for their space just fine, is IW hard on cash or something that we all don't know about except yourself.

You didn't say lag didn't exist, but your dismissive stance that it's just an "excuse" insinuates that it's an invalid argument. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I am not saying lag is an excuse but every complainer comes in here blaming something beyond their control (like lag or a modder was in the game) is at fault when they know for a fact that its their terrible gameplay. And people say "Well I got a high KD ratio so that means I am good" when you know you have a high KD ratio because you get out of the game ASAP because you are getting your butt handed to you which helps "keep" your high KD ratio.

Well if you enjoy laggy games and can prove to the internet that you aren't a "wimp," then good for you! However, those of us that enjoy good competitive games will opt out for something balanced. You obviously haven't played with the same lag as some of us since earlier in your post you don't seem to believe it even is possible. Remember? Lag like that would be enough to go around the world and back to my home right? Those that can say they have HONESTLY NEVER quit a game are less than 0.0001% of the CoD population. That game should not be catered to such a minuscule population of CoD apologists. CoD needs another "yes" man like a hole in the head.

You do know that we all have the same basic internet. Your "great connection" is pretty much the same mostly as our great connection. Once your connection gets passed your hub you are connected to the same internet we are. My hub is 5 miles outside of town. We all have lag.

That's an incomplete analogy that you are offering up. All of that population combined is STILL much lower than previous CoD's per respective console maker. The correct analogy would be buying 2 $5 buffets for 2 adults or buying 1 each per adult and 2 children's meals. Xbox one population is almost nonexistent depending on the timeframe in which you are playing.

I don't want to continue to discuss something that is completely unrelated, making playlists and your definitions of wimpy quitters. That's NOT what this thread is about.

There was once an option to choose to search by "best connection" or "fastest game." These things were great additions to the game and should have continued to be an option in the game.

They actually didnt work that well. The results were still sometimes backwards and still created problems in the game. Forum was still the same amount of lag complaints as when we didnt have a choice. If the way we had to choose worked so well then why would they take away something that worked ?

Did you ever think that maybe they put code into the matchmaking that automatically does it for us ?

If I don't like the two maps being voted for and just don't want to play either and leave the lobby before the match starts, I don't want to be continually thrown into that lobby. Your argument about playlists, quitters, and lag excuses doesn't fit. Please stop trying.

You make the choice to quit, if it helps you great but if it causes you to fall flat on your face that is still YOUR choice. Sometime we suffer for the choices we make. But to tell someone to fix something because it was YOUR decision doesnt make the other party responsible to fix things because it was your decision.

So let me get this straight so you want to add in a feature to help you join different games (sorry used the word lobbies accidentally)  that you quit so you can continue to do something that most gamers, Microsoft AND Activision frown upon ? Right ? And before you say they arent against it , they installed a gamertag  avoid option they can mark to hurt players reputation for leaving games early. So you are OK with getting punishment for getting a loss then huh?

for example in GTA they have a reputation system built in for consistent quitters, and on Xbox ONE they started putting quitters in with other quitters based on reputation.

You want me to stop replying then post this in one of the existing topics. You are no more important than the rest of us. You can get in line like all the rest of us have to do.

Level 72

If you think everyone is connected to the same internet as everyone else once they get passed their hub, then you know very little about how ISP's, networking and the internet work I'm afraid.

Level 7

Studios