Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why do you keep putting me in that lobby/game?!

in reply to Robwolves

So if the host is in California and I am in Texas you are telling me that my Time Warner Cable company is connected to him all the way to California ?

What about towns where TWC doesnt own or run  the lines, or what about someone that is using Satellite ? Are you telling me that TWC is in control of the other persons satellite connection too ?

Also you could have 1 gigabyte ISP and the host could have 10 meg  ISP and that wouldnt matter either because "speed" is not relevant in console gaming.

I used the word hub wrongly but was trying to prove a point. We all still are playing the same game you are. And some times we have to suffer.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

So if the host is in California and I am in Texas you are telling me that my Time Warner Cable company is connected to him all the way to California ?

No, quite the opposite. It was you who was saying everyone's using the 'same internet'.

What about towns where TWC doesnt own the lines, or what about someone that is using Satellite ? Are you telling me that TWC is in control of the other persons satellite connection too ?

Nope, never said or implied anything of the sort.

I used the word hub wrongly but was trying to prove a point. We all still are playing the same game you are. And some times we have to suffer.

Yes you are playing the same game, but depending on location, ISP, matchmaking, etc you could have a varying experience compared to someone else whether you live next to each other or on other sides of the globe. Someone next door can still have a different experience connection wise because if they are using a different ISP, his path or route to the other players and to the backbone can be quite different to yours.

So no, we're not all using the 'same' internet.

Level 7

Plus I'm not sure dropping out of a lobby where the game hasn't begun is seen as the same as quitting a match that is in progress. Quitting early is when you quit the games in progress. So your argument about hurting players reputation for leaving games early is not relevant. The game hasn't started in the scenario myself and JSlayer were referring to.

Level 7

in reply to Robwolves

When you mark a player for leaving games that is because the choice is to mark the player for leaving games. They dont have a choice where you can mark a player to avoid for leaving lobbies. Leaving lobbies is not frowned upon. I do admit I wrongly used the word lobbies when I meant games. changed that one word.

JSlayer stated that some of the games he gets in are laggy so he quits. You cant have a laggy lobby.

Example QUOTE "So if you were thrown into a game of Blitz on Free Fall, and the enemy team had a spawn killing trap setup with LMG's murdering you as soon as you spawned in. You wouldn't quit?"

OR

"If a lobby is super laggy for me, I should be able to leave and choose another lobby in my game mode of choice without being thrown back into that same game endlessly."

If you are going to speak for somebody else please at least READ what they posted first. He has stated repeatedly he has left games . You might be talking about lobbies but what the OP is talking about is mostly games.

But it is still your choice to leave the lobby.

I lobby hop myself but I dont expect the developers to cater to me because I dont like one particular map or one group of players. It was MY choice to leave the lobby. If I get the same lobby again I just take a breath and wait for 30 seconds so hopefully someone else will join. Just like games like Titanfall which places me in the same lobby on their huge amount of servers.

If you are so uptight about getting into the same lobby then give it a moment just dont keep leaving and rejoining every 5 seconds and expect that lobby to fill up by the time it adds you back in. When you leave a lobby you dont like then wait for 30 seconds. What do you lose when you get in the same lobby ? Nothing. Why should the developers cater to you because you are too impatient to wait for 30 seconds.

If there are no other lobbies available to join at that moment then what lobby are you supposed to join ? Would you prefer a no games found message ? Like everyone else is complaining about ?

Level 72

Yes agreed, it is my choice to leave a lobby and I accept that currently, I just need to wait long enough before finding a another match so that I don't get thrown back in the same lobby.

I don't think the OP was relating to quitting games and was more to do with hopping lobbies, so I was just trying to highlight that when you were mentioning people quitting games early. I know he did go on to mention quitting laggy games later on, but it was away from the OP. You replied to one of my posts telling me not to quit games early when I hadn't mentioned I did. I didn't like being talked to as if I did quit games early when I most definitely don't. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten so defensive, sorry.

Agreed, I don't think they will ever do anything to cater for not being put back in the same lobbies, but at the same time, I don't think it would be hard for it to recognise you had left a lobby and when you hop to another, attempt to place you in an alternative one. Not likely to happen, so it's just back to waiting until I try to join a new lobby.

Level 7

in reply to Robwolves

QUOTE "I don't think the OP was relating to quitting games and was more to do with hopping lobbies, so I was just trying to highlight that when you were mentioning people quitting games early. I know he did go on to mention quitting laggy games later on, but it was away from the OP."

No he didnt go into it later, he said it in his OP. . Please AGAIN try reading what the OP said before speaking for somebody else. Especially when you ignore it twice.

QUOTE from his first post (which was his original post) . "It's these annoying factors that really take away from the gaming experience. If a lobby is super laggy for me, (matchmaking lobbies dont have lag) I should be able to leave and choose another lobby in my game mode of choice without being thrown back into that same GAME(do you see the word GAME there the second time I point it out ?) endlessly. The same goes for leaving a game of spawn killing mayhem on Free Fall (there is no spawn killing in a matchmaking lobby) . I don't want to keep getting thrown into that stupid game over and over again.".

So do you want me to take a snapshot of the original post next time you state he didnt originally talk about it ? I already quoted him once where he said it originally, and yet you still didnt read his original statement did you ?

But my first response wasnt technically responding directly to you it just happened to be at the bottom of the response list. I was trying to respond to two posts at once. sorry if it was meant that way.

We are all connected to the same crap internet when we play. I never said we are connected to the same ISP. Nor did I say we have the same connection. OF COURSE it varies for example of which lobby you are in. All our connections overall are still basically the same. We get good connections and we get crappy connections, we can have the same distance between the same host and have two different pings, we cant connect to the same host and have a different ping each time. we all have to deal with hop issues, rerouting, disconnections, weather, distance, maintenance etc. Our pings can change in the same game. We all get the same varying matchmaking, etc. At least you could try to understand the same basic idea of what I am saying instead of trying to nitpick one or two words in an entire statement.

Level 72

"We are all connected to the same crap internet when we play. I never said we are connected to the same ISP."

...and I never said you did or imply so.

"Nor did I say we have the same connection."

....and neither did I say you did, although wait, what's this......"All our connections overall are still basically the same"

So they are not the same, but are still basically the same?

I agree with you that everyone will have games with good connections and games with bad connections, but we don't know whether on average the playing population suffer more frequent bad connections than ourselves or not and we don't know whether, on average, people are suffering more bad connections on Ghosts than previous titles.

So lag could be more or less of an issue on each title and may effect someone much more often than another person. So to some people it may warrant fresh discussion each time.

Whilst it may be a 10 year old topic that to some people is a tired subject, a forum can be a place to vent that frustration at times. The forum doesn't prevent them from doing so even if it may be a spammed subject. It's for the moderators to decide and remove the thread if they think it is.

Level 7

in reply to Robwolves

You DID imply I had no idea what I was talking about, and you did not specify in that first reply WHAT was wrong in my statement. You also failed to take in my full statement and nitpicked certain words as well as you ignored the fact where I said all have the same basic internet. Which is true the "internet" is the same for us every single day. Our CONNECTIONS might be different but the internet is still the same. But our connections are not the internet. Our connections are the result or the symptoms of an imperfect internet.

Apparently you have no idea what you are talking about because you dont know what the difference is between the internet and a connection is.

QUOTE "Yes you are playing the same game, but depending on location, ISP, matchmaking, etc you could have a varying experience compared to someone else whether you live next to each other or on other sides of the globe. Someone next door can still have a different experience connection wise because if they are using a different ISP, his path or route to the other players and to the backbone can be quite different to yours."

Above you start talking about ISPs and connections right there. And you said you never implied about connections or ISPs ?

I meant that as our connection SPEEDS are not the same but our qualities of connections (faults) are BASICALLY the same.

Did you miss the part where I said overall in there or basically ? I even bolded it for you.

Its like saying humans are all basically the same. In some ways we are and in other ways we are not. Overall humanity is nice people but you still do get some degenerates in there.

This isnt a discussion about lag. Because supposedly you arent talking about leaving games are you , you are talking about leaving lobbies. There is no lag in lobbies . This discussion is about repeatedly being put in games.

Moderators do have the duty of deleting threads of locking threads but the cant be on the forums 24/7 either , the rules are placed there and we should use the common sense to follow those rules in the first place. If the rule was not to go swimming fully clothed then common sense would tell you not to go swimming fully clothed in the first place.

Level 72

By saying "If you think everyone is connected to the same internet as everyone else once they get passed their hub, then you know very little about how ISP's, networking and the internet work I'm afraid". I think I did cover what I thought was wrong with your statement until you corrected the word later in a later reply. One word can change the whole meaning of a statement, so until that word was changed, my reply was a fair opinion.

I didn't ignore your further statement of we all have the same basic internet. I didn't need to comment on that part, because I didn't disagree with it. Just because I don't mention something, doesn't mean I ignored it. It was a separate statement to the one that was incorrect at the time.

I'll ignore the 4th paragraph because the second sentence doesn't even make sense, aside from it being false.

I don't care if I'm not following the guidelines because I'm not the one complaining about the many posts about lag saying we should follow the rules. However, maybe you should go over the guidelines again, because having just read through them there are certainly a few you're falling foul of. Pot, kettle and all that.

Anyway, now that I appear to have wound you up for long enough, I'm off to enjoy the sunny weekend now, so I'll leave you to get wound up by someone else

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Robwolves

Robwolves wrote:

By saying "If you think everyone is connected to the same internet as everyone else once they get passed their hub, then you know very little about how ISP's, networking and the internet work I'm afraid". I think I did cover what I thought was wrong with your statement until you corrected the word later in a later reply. One word can change the whole meaning of a statement, so until that word was changed, my reply was a fair opinion.

I didn't ignore your further statement of we all have the same basic internet. I didn't need to comment on that part, because I didn't disagree with it. Just because I don't mention something, doesn't mean I ignored it. It was a separate statement to the one that was incorrect at the time.

I'll ignore the 4th paragraph because the second sentence doesn't even make sense, aside from it being false.

I don't care if I'm not following the guidelines because I'm not the one complaining about the many posts about lag saying we should follow the rules. However, maybe you should go over the guidelines again, because having just read through them there are a certainly few your falling foul of. Pot, kettle and all that.

Anyway, now that I appear to have wound you up for long enough, I'm off to enjoy the sunny weekend now, so I'll leave you to get wound up by someone else

Never said I did follow procedures, just pointing out flaws in this thread that still do exist, after all we are human but some of us admit when we make a mistake.

and no I am not wound up, well at least not about this thread. Microsofts crap well thats a different story, and only reason I mention it is because its beyond sanity, details in other threads, enjoy the weekend.

Level 72

Studios