Why should I be the one punished for this?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Why should I be the one punished for this?

So I put this IED down to cover my behind. My clueless teammate sees my IED right next to him and panics. He immediately shoots at it to blow it up -because it clearly threatens his life and because he totally didn't see me throw it 2 seconds ago even thought it was right in front of him. But oups, he was "a little" too close from the IED when he shot it so he got hit by the explosion. NOW HE SURVIVES AND I DIE BECAUSE OF "FRIENDLY FIRE"?!

I'm sorry but if you shoot at a friendly IED and are too close from the explosion the game should treat it like a suicide not a friendly fire. What I mean is the game should be able to recognize who shot at the IED. If I'm the one shooting at it, then my teammates shouldn't die from the explosion. But if my teammate shoots at it then it should be their problem not mine.

Level 5
11 REPLIES

Re: Why should I be the one punished for this?

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

makes sense to me.

this is hardcore mode we are talking about right?

Level 15

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

Players do this on purpose. And yes sounds like HC as you cannot do this in core.

Level 21

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

I thought it was treated as a suicide? Last time I checked it did. Someone I was playing with threw down an IED, I asked who'd die if I shot it, he said dunno find out. I shot it, Biels go boom-boom

If this is a thing now, OH DEAR OH DEAR OH DEAR.

Level 31

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

Not to derail the major point of this discussion but I have seen IEDs blink the wrong color before.  I shot one in HC once that turned out to be friendly because it was blinking orange.  I didn't get anybody killed from it but I did feel bad once I found out.  But back to the major point, I do think that a friendly that takes damage because he chose to shoot your equipment should count as a suicide.

Level 69

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

I have to admit I've lost count the amount of times I have died from shooting enemy IED's in the attempt to save a friendly that has not spotted it and is running towards it.

Think I'm going to stop trying to be a hero and let the lemmings die from now on!

Also when you are clearly laying suppressive fire down and some Herbert runs directly in front of you. ARG!!!

Ricochet is nasty and frustrating and does not belong in HC.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

Haha it did make me smile every time you frantically warned me about an IED I was about to run onto.

*stands up*

My names Biels, and I'm a Blast Shield Addict....

Level 31

in reply to Vulcan_Hades

In COD as in real war, there is nothing more dangerous than a bell end in your platoon. This annoys me too but not as much as people blocking my shot as I fire and then I die followed by him being killed by the sitting duck I was just firing at. Maybe hardcore should be earned at prestige or something to filter out the noobs.

Level 24

in reply to greyfryer67

But prestige isn't actually rewarded for anything other than playing for a long period of time.

I've encountered many high prestige players who are just a stupid as a greeny.

Level 22

in reply to ukscorpz

Yeah, I just assumed that with long playing duration comes experience but I take your point I have seen fourth and fifth prestige players with all the skill and reasoning of Patrick from Spongebob

Level 24

Studios