Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?

in reply to RunAndGun1

I think lots of those talking like that will end up getting Ghosts anyway lol A few weeks ago I wasn't really interested in Ghosts one bit at all, but after the reveal it's more than likely a game I'm going to try to get on launch, and possibly for the next gen version if/when I can move up to that one.

Level 18

in reply to RunAndGun1

I agree. People say that it looks like the same old CoD and that nothing has really changed, but IW has actually added some cool new features that I think are going to be fun. CoD has been extremely successful, so there was no need for drastic changes. I know that one big issue other than lag/connectivity in Black Ops 2 were the spawns. Although I do have fun playing Black Ops 2, that game is a total mess for spawns. In Ghosts though, it looks like the maps are a bit bigger which should help address that.

Level 3

in reply to im_unknown

I don't hate on cod, have I liked the multi player in anygame since cod 4? not really with the exception of maybe mw3. I just find that the maps in all the recent games have been designed for faced paced close quarters combat where whoever see's who first wins 90% of the time, and there's been way to high of an emphasis on kill streaks instead of gun on gun action in the past couple games.

With that being said though ghosts has definiatley caught my interest. from what I've seen so far they've taken the best part of all the previous games, taken out most if not all of the bullshit and it looks great. The only thing i'm still a bit concerned about is map size and the spawn spoints, The maps we've seen look bigger than BO2 maps but their still on the small side.

Am I going to buy this game on launch ? No. I'm going to wait and watch youtube reviews and see if the lag Problem is fixed or at least greatly improved from BO2 and as long it is fixed I'll pick up a copy when the PS4 comes out, If not I'll pick up BF4 and wait until the next COD game with zombies is released.

Level 1

in reply to im_unknown

Why is this game getting massive hate? Lets take a look.

Since Black Ops 1 they have been punishing people who have a good connection (lag OVERcompensation) and people who get host are set behind like 2 seconds in the game (Host disadvantage). It's all about them getting more casual players into the game so they can make more money.

Most of all they wonder why hosts decide to dashboard and end games. Then they added that stupid probation crap because they dont understand why everyone is dashboarding.

Then Activision noticed about the lack of pre orders and surprise surprise they announced dedicated servers to get more people to preorder the game, although it's just all another plot people who have a low ping to these dedicated servers are probably going to be punished by lag OVERcompensation again.

Yeah so much hate on COD now, blame Activi$ion for ruining the series.

Level 2

in reply to Richie55

Richie55 wrote:

Why is this game getting massive hate? Lets take a look.

Since Black Ops 1 they have been punishing people who have a good connection (lag OVERcompensation) and people who get host are set behind like 2 seconds in the game (Host disadvantage). It's all about them getting more casual players into the game so they can make more money.

Which isn't true

Richie55 wrote:

Then they added that stupid probation crap because they dont understand why everyone is dashboarding.

Dashboarding was added as apunishment for stat whores and people rage quitting

Richie55 wrote:

Then Activision noticed about the lack of pre orders and surprise surprise they announced dedicated servers to get more people to preorder the game, although it's just all another plot people who have a low ping to these dedicated servers are probably going to be punished by lag OVERcompensation again.

Apart from the discussions for dedis started way before the game was even announced, and yes you're right there will still be lag comp on dedis as it is needed for online games, EVERY online game uses it.

Gee ya think maybe the "hate" comes from people posting misinformation and rants that then get spread

Level 75

in reply to im_unknown

I'll give you two general reasons that don't go into specifics such as guns, perks, killstreaks, matchmaking, and over all connectivity.

The community is huge since CoD has been around for such a long time. It creates expectations because we have invested so much time into the game. Theres a sence of "this game is mine and I want it a certain way".

The second reason doesn't have to do with CoD, but instead the times in which we're living. Youtube, social media, and these forums have alot to do with sharing opinions. Unfortunately hate or discontent gives people more fuel to get up and voice their opinion more than people that accept games at face value.

Feedback is a good thing. Just hope the developers do what they believe is best for CoD. They need to listen to the silent majority. Which isn't so easy to hear. Hope they sport sitrep pro.

Level 23

in reply to im_unknown

Ikr, how can we judge the game if we can only watch leaked videos.

Besides, I think we were all put off by BO2, so now we think Ghosts will also be bad xD

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to im_unknown

I hear you, but we have the internet to inform us and tell us what's coming which is a good thing because it allows us to give our input for all it's worth. There are many things that worry me about ghosts that don't seem to have been addressed Ref. read my posts. But im not hating, just worried I won't enjoy it. I like the way they've taken out silly airbases kill streaks and I like the look of the maps but it seems they've taken out too much stuff I like, game modes and mechanics.

And now we read the xboxone will only run at 720 up scaled which isn't the same res as ps4!? Not excited as much as normal. Extinction looks fun tho

Level 16

in reply to im_unknown

And thus the cycle continues. This happens with every Call of duty game, before the games 1 year span is up there will be a hate thread regarding almost every aspect of the game. Its not just CoD that suffers with this tho, sadly this is the normal state of the gaming world

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic, you seem like an all-rounder, you must have noticed the degradation in quality, "in regards to connection", over the last three titles.

Connection is paramount to enable full on enjoyment of a fps game that runs at 60 fps, otherwise you just feel cheated, "all that hard work down the drain".

I know you know where i'm coming from as you seem level headed.

Level 11

Studios