Will the Xbox 360 be supported even throughout next gen in CoD ghosts?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Will the Xbox 360 be supported even throughout next gen in CoD ghosts?

You see I am not the richest person in the world and I am struggling right now so it may be a year before I can upgrade to next gen but no need for sob stories there are people worse off than me.

My question is will CoD ghosts be supported in everyone's opinions? I have a VERY bad feeling that with the launch of next gen consoles they will combat the hacked leaderboards and hackers and glitches on there and the hackers will stay prevalent on the Xbox 360, the reason I worry is I paid full price for the game knowing one thing, yes I will get slightly worse graphics than next gen ghosts and next gen ghosts will have more players but when you release a full price game for both current gen and next gen they should show equal support it seems people like me will be forgotten even though the majority of the cod community will be on current gen for quite a while a very poor move. I don't know how they will support next gen but that is why I made this thread for you guys to speculate do you think current gen and next gen should receive equal support and do you think that current gen will or wont get the same support? 

Please all think about this carefully I for one would find it outrageous if current gen was poorly supported compared to next gen we paid for the game too!

Activision Ambassador
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will the Xbox 360 be supported even throughout next gen in CoD ghosts?

in reply to DaleksGamertag
Solution
‎14-11-2013 08:21 PM

Of course they will support 360 after next gen release. It is just a different platform - just like they support PC, Wii, Ps3, and 360 now.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

6 REPLIES

Solution
‎14-11-2013 08:21 PM

Of course they will support 360 after next gen release. It is just a different platform - just like they support PC, Wii, Ps3, and 360 now.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

It'll be supported, but I don't see Microsoft supporting the X360 beyond 2014.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to nuttin2say

They said in a press release that the 360 will have games and be supported until 2016. Sorry, dont have a link, but it is in the videos too.

Level 72

I predict that this will be last COD for Xbox 360 and PS3. There may be one more release of Black Ops.

Reasoning: It takes more resources to develop for multiple platforms. They will start working on the 2015 COD after the start of the year while 2014 BO has already been in development for nearly a year.

Of course I am not familiar with how difficult it is to port from one platform to another. Maybe they just load it in a compiler and push ENTER.

Level 5

I would imagine that 360 players would still outnumber next gen players by a substantial number so they should be. Next year things will start to change

Level 2
Highlighted

I remember when I was playing WaW, there was still a version made for the PS2. Also found it interesting that Titanfall will be coming out for the 360 as well this spring. Personally this will be my last game bought for the 360. Besides the dlc for gta 5.

Level 75

Studios