YOU ARE NOT DYING TOO FAST!!

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

YOU ARE NOT DYING TOO FAST!!

The health in game is 100 units as it has always been. The damage values of the weapons are similar to what they have always been. You are experiencing good hit detection and low latency like we had in MW2 and prior CODs. The terrible hit detection and high latency of BO1, MW3 and BO2 has skewed your expectations of how the game should play.

We COD veterans appreciate this return to the tight responsive gameplay of the good old days. If you want hitmarkers galore and HALO-style, 10 second long gunfights, then stick to those broken games that we abandoned in frustration long ago.

The real Call of Duty is back and not a release too soon.

Level 3
71 REPLIES

Re: YOU ARE NOT DYING TOO FAST!!

in reply to Unterhopft

You are correct in that weapon stats are very similar.

Low latency/good hit detection could also be playing a part.  But TTK does seem a lot shorter in some situations and I'm not sure I'd believe it's entirely due to less lag.

I'm wondering if maybe they increased the max damage ranges of the weapons.  I haven't found stats that show the range measurements in the same units.  Silencers don't take as much of a bite out of range as in past games.  Also a lot of the guns seem to have less recoil than in some of the past games.  Any of those things would shorten TTK in a lot of situations, all of them combined would shorten it even more often.

Level 5

in reply to Unterhopft

You'd think they'd make most the assault riffles not Accurate gods among the battle field to compensate for the insanely good hit detection. Nope, Honey Badger still shoots 5 rounds from 50m with pin point ACC.

Level 4

in reply to Unterhopft

I think folks are complaining a bit much as well.... but as a long time HC player, I jumped into a few core matches and there has definitely been a change. It is actually playable now.

Or maybe.. I just got better after all these years...

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

"I just got better after all these years..."

Probably this ^. You are used to dodging bullets and being cautious so it plays right into your style (I think).

Level 48

in reply to Unterhopft

Here are some hard numbers comparing BO2 and Ghosts assault rifles. These are max and min damage values for assault rifles. You can see the values are quite similar. You could even argue BO2 had more powerful weapons. The problem is so many of their hits never registered.

BO2 damage values     Ghosts damage values  (max-min)

MTAR           40-24         SA-805      40-25       

Type 25        33-24          FAD          34-25

SWAT-556    40-33          Honey B.   42-20                

FAL OSW     55-40          MSBS       55-20

M27 IAR       33-24          SC-2010     35-20                      

SCAR-H       45-33          AK-12        49-25

SMR            59-49          Rem. R5    49-20

M8A1           35-24          ARX          43-17

AN-94          40-24

Credit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlLq9YAWClZPdGJHdjJ2aElXNFBYV2VoMm1XUmRuZ3c#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhNxXL3z8i1GdEExOVRmV3JIMjRkc2dscDRTSGR1VkE#gid=0

Level 3

in reply to Unterhopft

OP I cant agree with you enough.  The last time I could actually reflexively get out of the way when hit was in mw2.

Level 17

in reply to That5What5Up

Holy crap look what the cat dragged in. Where you been? lol

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Not very nice to say for a nice fela.  I've been here for a while actually, saw you got the game a few days ago. 

perhaps if youll be a little nicer we can go camp in a building sometime buddy

Level 17

in reply to That5What5Up

From what I've seen so far, you are going to have competition for those dark corners in this one! Good to see ya again.

Activision Ambassador

Studios