am i the only person that wants a grenade buff

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

am i the only person that wants a grenade buff

ok so lethal's and tactical's are weaker then previous titles.  yes there is a perk that buffs explosives but its chuffing expensive and frankly not worth it, frag's and semtex are toilet as are all the tacticals

only a slight buff, just bring them in line with Bo, Bo2, mw2 and mw3

i regularly get an enemy concussion grenade detonate near me and take no effect (no not using tac resist)

i assumed its hit detection as i also throw them and see enemies nearby yet get no hit markers???

IED is the only one that seems reliable damage wise but its also annoying so i don't like using it.   am i the only person that's noticed.  from the lack of use of lethal's and tactical's i assume others have also given up on them.  thoughts??

Level 16
11 REPLIES

Re: am i the only person that wants a grenade buff

in reply to belly120

the damage is fine , i just think the blast radius needs to alittle bit bigger thats.

Level 12

in reply to belly120

I agree they do seem weaker but don't think its such a bad thing.

Just use Danger Close on any explosive classes.

Level 22

in reply to belly120

As far as grenade launchers are concerned, i think the further they travel, the more damage they should do(and greater radius).  If I noob tube at 10 feet and the explosion doesn't kill you, then fine.   If I launch an explosive with a parabolic trajectory across the whole map and into a tiny window, i want everyone in that room to die.  Bullets lose damage over distance, no reason grenades couldn't become deadlier tyhe longer they travel or the longer it takes for them to detonate.

As for frags and semtex, they really are disappointing.  In Freefall, the elevator shaft campers are really annoying, and I can't tell you how many times i've thrown in a frag or even gotten two semtex from the MK-32 launcher through the window and not even gotten a hit marker.   That shaft is barely 6 feet deep from the window, how can an explosive not make contact, let alone kill?

Level 15

in reply to ChronoZombie

How does that even make sense? Regardless of how far the projectile has to travel, there is still the same amount of explosive in it. Think about what you are asking.....how upset would you be to just start the game and have someone noob tube right into your spawn? Based on your theory, your entire team would be killed due to the distance the projectile traveled - this opens up PLENTY of exploitation. I say leave them the way they are.

Level 8

in reply to belly120

I don't play a lot of Core, but as Squads is all Core I see what you are saying. I am a HC player and I am deadly with my Frags. I can't help but notice, however, that in Core modes I get nothing but hit markers using them, with a rare kill here and there.

I am not sure how Core players put up with it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I got to thinking about this.....maybe this is IW trying to beef up their HC playlists? If they "nerf" certain items in core that work great in HC, maybe IW is simply trying to get more people into the HC lobbies. Personally, all I play is HC so I don't notice the buffs/nerfs that everyone seems to complain about - but just my thoughts on the matter.

Level 8

in reply to Audiophile1

If they had put more than 4 HC modes I might agree with you.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

DLC expansion perhaps? Who knows.....

Level 8

in reply to belly120

you are not using them right then, trust me i cant tell you how many times i get double kills with semtex and grnades

Level 10

Studios