how can i get better? need advice

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

how can i get better? need advice

im the type of person that puts everything on hard especially video games, im addicted to ghosts and love the competition, only problem is i really suck lol...i refuse to quit as i was told by a couple of people im a gamer but this is the worst ive ever been at video games...need sum advice, sum schooling, tips whatever helps

Level 1
33 REPLIES

Re: how can i get better? need advice

in reply to themercilous

Analyze your gameplay and put some thought why you got killed. That's how I started to get get good in this game. If you need help then let us know how you play and your weaknesses. I can't just give you a good loadout and expect you to go beast with it. Tell us your favorite game mode and how you play it.

Level 35

in reply to themercilous

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice.

Try a few things... I would recommend playing some Private matches against the Bots at Recruit level. Get to know the Maps, try out some setups and streaks and see what you are comfortable with.  AS you improve, bump up the difficulty or switch to Squads Modes. Familarity with the maps, weapons, equipment, and streaks will make you better and better.

Also, think about what modes you are playing. Perhaps you need to start elsewhere, get comfortable with the game, and work your way to that mode.

Lastly... learn from other players, especially skilled players... but find your own play style. When you develop a comfort level with how YOU play, you will see improvement.

Just have fun with it. If you remember it is a game and about having fun, you will take some pressure off and allow yourself to play well without unrealistic expectations.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to themercilous

I Used to be awful... A .50 maybe less, I'm not great but my kdr is now up to 1.5 and my winning us up to 50%.... I started to watch kill cams to see how the good players would move around, especially the rushers and snipers since as a beginner, I could camp but you need to be able to do all types, rush, camp and snipe. Rush to take objectives, camp and snipe to defend... Some other tips:

- Learn maps, stay towards the edge and not the middle.

- When rounding a corner be ready to aim and stay close to edges.

- Some perks: off grid, sleight of hand, quick aim, set rip. There are others but these are some good ones to use.

- don't use marathon and run around like a maniac.

- I set my speed of the game and movement under settings to the lowest and would play a game. If after the game, it was too sliw, I would move it up... I would continue up till I reached a good speed.

Level 11

in reply to Sledgehammer232

Excellent advice!  I went from a .75 K/D on my first CoD to a 1.83 on Ghosts.  While camping is good for a person to get their footings, I would recommend mobile camping.  Hold down a tight area for maybe a minute.  When you see your team arrows on your HUD moving, you move as well.  Never stay in one place for too long.

WATCH YOUR KILLCAMS!!  They are there to give you and heads up for your next respawn.  Where was the enemy?  What direction were they facing? 

I use an IED to cover my back in small entrances and doorways.  It keeps my flank covered if I am away from my team.  Even if the explosion doesn't kill them, I at least received a hit marker, letting me know someone is in my vicinity.  They are usually weak from the blast, so one shot can finish them off.

I know this sounds cheesy, but put yourself in your avatar's shoes.  You are on the battlefield.  What do you do?  Do you rush the middle of the map, hoping to make it?  Heck no.  You use perimeters to move out of sight, use cover to keep yourself out of the enemy team's field of vision.

I'm no pro, but I have improved on my own.  All the advice here is excellent!  Happy gaming =]

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to themercilous

Never stop moving, except for a FEW seconds. Run and gun like a psycho. It's what I do, and I usually get 20+ kills per game. You just have to get used to it. Try the Honey Badger, Vector, Maverick, or Ripper with Ready Up, Sleight of Hand, Stalker, Quickdraw and Sitrep as your perks. No grenades or equipment necessary, it just distracts anyway. Try it and let me know how it does for you.

Level 1

in reply to Vorsaire1

I don't know man even 20 is not that good. =p I see guys getting 40 or sometimes 80

and I'm like fuuuuuu!!!!

Definitely stay along the walls and get good at aiming for headshots.  Practice aiming in a private match with recruit bots. I know some people think its dumb, but jumping occasionally around corners and be ready to fire -- that can throw people off.

Level 4

in reply to themercilous

I would suggest playing objective base games, it will help you memorize the maps. Just hang in there you'll get better, just have fun and don't worry about your k/d, it doesn't get you chicks trust me..

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

I can confirm this.  I am a woman, and if someone tried to woo me with their K/D, they would have a really sad time trying.  Just play and have fun!

Level 1

in reply to themercilous

the best way I saw how to get better was getting on youtube and watching competitive gamers play I watching there best class setups, also I bought turtle beaches which improved my overall kills to death ratio

Level 1

Studios