how can i get better? need advice

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: how can i get better? need advice

in reply to themercilous

put on deadsilence and focus and you won't be so damn easy to kill

Level 2

in reply to themercilous

I just started playing Ghosts a few weeks ago after playing black ops 2 for a whole year.  It is MUCH different because you die faster, which fits my play style.

I suggest going to TheXclusiveAce on YouTube and check out his videos.  He sets up games vs. Bots to improve accuracy, reflex, map knowledge, etc.  Practice may not make perfect, will it will make you a hell of a lot better.

Since watching his videos, I have raised my kd to a 2.3.  Watch him!   

Level 1

in reply to themercilous

One big one for me: Listen.  Using earphones instead of speakers (unless you have a kick-ass surround sound system and no one to complain about volume) will allow you to hear footsteps a lot easier, and will give you at least a general idea about which direction to look in.  You can tell when someone is on sand/snow or inside a building or on a hard/solid surface just by the different footstep sounds, this combined with knowing the map will tell you where to find a bad guy without having to take your eyes away from the crosshairs.  It can also let you know if you're up against more than one bad guy.

On the flip side: know when to crouch - especially in ghosts vice previous CODs,  since a player with amplify can hear dead-silence players.  Crouching makes you silent, even to those with amplify.

Level 2

in reply to themercilous

I'll add a bit here.  Since you have HC as a tag for this post then I'll give you some HC advice.  In HC you are going to find two types of players.  The corner campers and the rushers.  Once you know where the corner campers are, they are not hard to kill.  But to be an effective HC rusher, you have to know where the corner campers are.  You also need to stay out of long lines of sight and you need to turn your corners very tightly.  The key to rushing in HC is you want to catch your enemy unprepared.  So pop corners quickly but you also need to be aiming where you think your enemy will be hiding.  Guess wrong and you're dead.  For perks, I'd suggest blast shield and amplify.  Amplify won't help you with the campers but it will often alert you to where your enemy is spawning and you can catch them off guard while they run back to the action.  I'd also recommend a high fire rate weapon like the Honey Badger and I'd recommend carrying a frag grenade for those room campers.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Wierd, but in HCTDM I rarely come across those two extremes. Most players I play with/against seem to try for a mix of picking their spot and then moving on. If anyhting I see more rushers, but the successful ones do it intelligently, not à la BO2 headless chicken style. Corenr campers are pretty rare in the games I join, and they generally are unsuccessful.

I don't tend to recommend perks, as they are too dependent on playstyleand personal preference, but my two go tos are DS and SitRep. I never use BS or Amp... Goes to show.

Level 12
Highlighted

in reply to Slopat

It's a fool's mission to make sweeping statements either way, to be honest.

HC TDM is just like Core TDM. You are going to get a mix of play styles. One thing I love about it is that I am rarely in lobbies where the same thing happens game after game. Corner Campers? Yep, will get those. Rushers? Yep, will get those too. Tactical Players? Check. Head Glitchers? Check. The list goes on and on.

The key, therefore, is to be prepared for ANYTHING. Make classes to deal with any situation you are going to face, and then adapt to the flow of each lobby/match. You do this and you are going to be successful

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Sorry you caught me editing. I can't correct mistakes when I respond in "Recent Activity", so I finished my post in editing.

Anyhow, I agree.^

Level 12

in reply to Slopat

I probably could have couched my words a little better.  I do find more people moving around whether rushing or tactical than I do find them corner camping but the biggest complaint that I hear from new HC players during clan wars is that they are getting killed by some guy thats just sitting there.  The truth of the matter is that sure there are those guys but more often than not the complainer made bad choices in their map movement which left them too exposed.  That's what got them killed and then in their frustration, they just kept doing it and getting the same results.  HC just doesn't play like Core or more to the point some of the habits that you can get away with in Core just don't work in HC.  Getting new HC players to realize the subtle differences needed to rush effectively in HC sometimes takes some doing because they just don't see it right away.  But once they do I find that a lot of them grow to really like HC.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Personlly, having been a HC player for a long while, I cannot stand Core. Ugh!

Level 12

in reply to themercilous

i was like you a few months ago, i was new to the game and it can be a bit off putting when your playing against people that no the maps are good at the game, what i did was play squads until i got to know the maps and figured out what guns and perks worked for me, and what parts of the map were easiest to control, another good way to get to know the maps is by playing infected its basically on line hide and seek with guns and throwing knives, it doesnt take long to get your skill levels up and before you know it youll be flying, im only playing on line now a few months and i tend to stick to tdm but i find that most games i play i normally end up in the top 3 scores, i started off in a negative kd for a while but have got it up to a 1.6, my best advice is find what works for you and go for it and once you see improvement start trying different weapons, try earning patches etc because it takes a different skill to get most so it good practice while your trying, and lastly just enjoy the game and dont worry what others may think.

Level 11

Studios