restrict prestiges

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

restrict prestiges

I really wish we could restrict prestiges on regular games, keep them in Hardcore. some of us dont have hours and hours of time to spend to get that good and it seems everytime I buy a new COD game there are 10th lvl prestiges there, I get to average 5 kills a game, no killstreaks its tough as hell to get badges. Where is the REAL game matching? come on recruits pitted against 10 lvl prestiges? granted those guys would probably just create newbie accounts again

Level 2
25 REPLIES

Re: restrict prestiges

in reply to Patriot1097

When I play on my backup account (its a no prestige) I run into plenty of no prestige lobbies where it is quite obvious that some very experienced players have started new accounts.  When I play on my main account (8th prestige) I still see some noobs but I mainly see folks that have a somewhere around 3 or 4 prestiges under their belts.  There's not too many legit 8th prestigers out there yet.  So my guess is that the game already does a little prestige grouping as it has done so in the past.  However, that doesn't prevent those experienced guys from playing on new accounts.  So your suggestion while well intentioned doesn't work.

If you are only averaging 5 kills per game then you really need to play Squads more.  You just don't know the maps or strategies well enough yet to compete in regular multiplayer lobbies.  Squads is a nice prep-school to get you ready for Multiplayer.  I suggest the Squads Assault mode.  It's just you and a whole bunch of BOTs but those BOTs are pretty good players.  Not necessarily as good as real people but make no mistake that they will challenge you.

Level 69

in reply to Patriot1097

i hate to say it, but if you want to be competitive you just have to put in the time to get better.  i started playing cod way back on mw1, and i was terrible, but i was just happy to be playing a awesome game and just like getting 2 or kills a game was fun for me.  Well as you play more you want to get better and will.

This game is very competitive and if you dont have the time to get better, then its going to be a hard road out there, cause there are a lot of really good players.  Also i agree it sucks to get beat down by high level good players, but if you went into a "lobby" with just new easy players then you would never get any better at the game.  although its not fun at times, playing those better players makes you better, a lot better.  Just keep playing and playing, even after years of playing you can still get better.  and if you dont want to take the time to get better to be competitive, then dont. Just play squads, if its just for fun, then dont play multi-player, squads is much more laid back and easier.

Level 11

in reply to Patriot1097

Prestige doesn't take any skill to get to, it just takes time.

Level 16

in reply to Firesens

I'm one of those multiple prestige guys.  I play COD more than all other games combined as the most difficult levels on most games are a joke and get boring very quickly.

And I agree with the statement above.  Prestige doesn't mean anything other than you play a lot.

Playing a lot is why some people are better.

That said, there are lots of people who prestige and play a lot and never learn a thing about how to be good at this game.

I wouldn't sweat it much.  Play some Squads and learn what works for you and you'll be kicking tail in no time.

Peace

Level 12

in reply to COTIARA

I agree playing a lot makes you more experienced. There are many things that make a good player such as, map and respawn knowledge, tactics and different strategies from in different game-modes, quick reflexes and good hand to eye coordination.

So like you said, a player that plays a lot might not be good. And a player new to the game could do very well. That being said, running with a team with good communication will most likely dwarf what randoms can accomplish no matter their experience or skill level.

Not sure why my mind went there.  Just adding on I guess.

Level 75

in reply to iHattoriHanzo0

Perfectly agree with you Hattori, and I would add that an experienced player knows that there is safety and strength in numbers.

Probably why your mind went there. 

Level 12

in reply to Patriot1097

Prestige Level means nothing more than they have time to play the game.

Iron sharpens Iron. You don't need to be playing against marshmallows.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I have played alot and I am only at lvl 38....I rarely get my first killstreak perk actually the longer I play I think the worse I get but I do enjoy it

Level 2

in reply to Patriot1097

Honestly, dude... that is all that is important. Just freakin' have fun.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

Studios