/

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: Re: COD developers need to stop favoring camp tactics

in reply to Izjar11

but foolish players who have convinced themselves they are good and aren't.

Same could be said of the campers.

Level 4

Re: Re: COD developers need to stop favoring camp tactics

in reply to ScavengerHunt

same could be said of anyone (no matter what play style they use)

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

Re: COD developers need to stop favoring camp tactics

in reply to Kelint

The game actually does favor camping a bit more.

I played a game on Chasm where are team was up 20 kills but we could find no one on the map. There was a 3m period where we increased about 5 kills and they got maybe 1-3. The only guy you could find was the one camping the subway stairs spawn for kills.

I think its more due to the fact that every assault riffle kills you with impunity at every range. Spending more then 6 bullets to kill someone is a thing of the past. Even then I can still get 3 kills and a dog kill out of a clip of the honey badger.

Level 4

in reply to Clear_Advantage

end of the day no one will ever win,.,they make small maps people moan.they make bigger maps people moan again...if people want to camp so what,,always look out for them corners and hotspots were campers will be...

use riley he will sniff out the campers

Level 16

in reply to Mess1ahBrowny

I agree with this point, check corners etc. But some of these maps (Tremor, Freight, Sovereign in particular) are just a nightmare to navigate. There are way too many places you have to look before you come around a corner. Freight is the absolute worst map I've ever played on any COD. I am constantly getting shot in the back on these maps because there are just way to many passages and lines of site to cover before making a move. The maps I listed above don't have any good ways to play them. If you move too slow, you get shot in the back. Move too fast you can't get your gun up in time and die that way. Sit in a corner and you're labeled a camper. Nobody wants to be labeled a camper because we all know campers are the biggest pussies in online gaming.

As for play style. I've adjusted. I was always a run and gun type of player, but now I take things a little slower. I still stay on the move the whole game, but I sprint less and ADS more around corners.

Level 1

in reply to Clear_Advantage

I've seen this multiple times.  Campers have always been around, but this game seems to overwhelming cater to a cautious, campy play style for a multitude of reasons.  Running and gunning is practically non-existent in this game. 

Level 2

in reply to Kelint
You have to adjust a little bit.  It is a little campy but the game is new and people are learning the maps.  I'm a run and gun type player.  I still run and gun but I just toned down my running a bit.  My friend is a run and gun player but he just runs all over the place with no real plan and is getting killed all the time.  This game separates people that have real skill and people that THINK they have real skill.
Level 4

in reply to MaRk0wNsYoU

MaRk0wNsYoU wrote:

"This game separates people that have real skill and people that THINK they have real skill."

And therein lies the problem for some.  They are quite used to having maps with lanes that basically are enclosed pathways with short lines of sight and only one or two at the most vantage points to check.  On those maps they could run full steam ahead because there was very little adjustment to be made to prepare for a gunfight.  Now playing on maps with long lines of sight, they struggle to adapt.  The truth of the matter is that every one of these maps have short lines of sight routes but not everyone has the good sense to take them when using a short ranged weapon.  Heck even Stonehaven has a lot of opportunities for a guy that wants to push the middle.  You just have to be aware of where the snipers are going to post up and keep your head down.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Went 21-3 just a bit ago with a shotgun. It was satisfying listening to all the whiners.

Level 5

in reply to TourettesGuy03

Way to go!  I just finally put a shotgun into one of my classes this morning and I can't wait to give it a go against human players.  Now that I know the maps pretty well, I shouldn't have too much trouble moving around without getting caught in too many long lines of sight and yet I should still be well within the action.

Level 69

Studios