whats the reasoning behind not showing our pings?

Call of Duty Ghosts XBOX 360

Re: whats the reasoning behind not showing our pings?

in reply to hottoddler

hottoddler wrote:

yes and at that point i am faced with two options: play to the end of an unplayable game or quit and lose my streak and take a loss. why is it such a bad thing to want to know before a game starts if i am going to have a ping of over 250 because i am in a lobby on another continent?

i am baffled by the amount of people acting indignant because i just want to know my own ping in a video game. you would think i am being offensive the way people are reacting.

why is it i can see my ping in %99.9 of online games and not this one? people in this forum are lunatics.

how are you going to know your ping before a game starts? answer your not, even if they brought back the bars you still would not. I have seen games where everyone in the lobby was at 1 bar until the countdown timer finished then everyone went to 4. You join a game and quit your going to get a loss and there was never a way to check before the start of a game.

Level 45

in reply to hottoddler

It's not about be being a butt licker. It's about applying dirty, unlikeable facts of life to your gaming experience. Namely, that sh*t happens. The other aspect of life that sucks is that, well, I'm just not the best there is at everything there is to do. That in mind, what can I do to makes things for myself just a hair-bit better?

I can stop worrying about the sh*t I can't change and start focusing on the sh&t I do control.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

in reply to hottoddler

is it so unreasonable to want to know your own ping in an online game?

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to hottoddler

TBH, your view of others ping doesn't matter until they sort out the lag compensator. As it stands right now, you're better off with a slower connection. I doubt they'll sort that one out though.

Level 5

in reply to hottoddler

I know it drives me crazy, really. One of the reasons I play more squats instead of multilayer o.O'

Level 1

in reply to hottoddler

Because of people f'ing with their connections due to leaping to wrong conclusions about the nature of Lag Compensation.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the community (or certain parts of it *glares at youtube*) will be the downfall of this series

Level 31

Studios