COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC freezes

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC freezes

Today I downloaded the Onslaught DLC on XBOX ONE. The update went from zero to 97% with in seconds. The last 3% took almost 15 minutes to finish installing. Once finished I went to start my game. I got through the title screen and the next screen where is shows the pic of the soldier wearing the Ghosts mask the screen goes black and it stays that way. I have tried a multiple times to try and get the game to start with no success.

Please Help. Thank You.

Level 1
9 REPLIES

Re: COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC freezes

in reply to CDNBaconFreak

I have had the exact same experience.  This sucks!  I put in Forza5 and it played fine, watch my clips from Fog (Mike Meyers) worked fine.  Then went back and got the same black screen.

What can we do?

Level 1

This happens to me not just on CoD but on other games and even apps. I find the only way to prevent it is to turn off the console and pull out the power from the power brick and start up again.

Level 2

I've the same error. hwen my download arrives 99% it returns to 98% and starts a circle 99-98-99-98.. never end

Level 1
Highlighted

Sadly, you're not the only one... mine still won't go past the black screen even after multiple restarts and disc ejects. They really dropped the ball on this one..

Level 1

in reply to CH3RRYB0MB

I am having same issue with blank screen.  Install completed with no issue but launching the game now results in a blank screen.  Have tried multiple reboots with no success.

Level 1

Figured out how to get past the blank screen after the DLC.  Shut down the console then unplug the power for at least 2 min.  Plug the power back in and start the console.  Hopefully, you should be good to go.

Level 1

EXCELLENT THANK YOU EVERYONE. Thank you for helping me solve this issue. Mt game is now working and I can now play COD Ghosts Onslaught DLC. Thank you again everyone.

Level 1

No problem

Level 1

I had the same issue once so I contacted Xbox. What you need to do is reset your console. You press your xbox button to shut it off then you unplug your power supply from the wall and then the Xbox when the light on the power supply goes out you plug it all back in. Then you press and hold the xbox button for a couple seconds and then press it again to turn it on. It fixed my issue. I may have missed a few steps if I did just contact Xbox support and they will give you the steps.

Level 1

Studios