Cheaters and Boosters - Anything Being Done?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Cheaters and Boosters - Anything Being Done?

I seem to encounter a booster every other game these days. 1-3 days played time and 10th prestige with 100,000 average score per game! How are these people not banned?

I might be ignorant in saying this, but is it hard to auto-ban these people, even if from the leaderboards only? Have a program search the leaderboards and ban anyone running over 10,000 average score over multiple games (impossible to achieve in my opinion), a negative total score or just negative stats in general, a score that is 100x higher than humanly possible. Even if you had an intern or player moderators that could ban/flag people, it would be better. I always report boosters when they are in my game, but I realistically feel like my report does nothing, and I am not the only one.

I am not suggesting they be permanently banned from the game, but remove them permanent from the leaderboards. I look at the top 1000 players in score over all currently, all 1000 of them are boosted accounts. I would think that there would be a crack-down, but I am constantly seeing the same people at the top day after day.

I guess what I am saying is, do you not care about the players that are trying to climb and enjoy being competitive? Sorry for the rant, but I feel like banning the most obvious boosters (98% of them) should be an extremely simple task. I have many friends that do not even bother buying the game because of the lack of support.

Can I get any feedback on what the problem is here, and does anyone else feel the same way?

Level 1
27 REPLIES

Re: Cheaters and Boosters - Anything Being Done?

in reply to Xmitty

Yeah, boosters are lame, but it's crazy to me how some people care so much. I could NOT care less. It's a shame that the tac insert is gone just because of boosters. So they boost; Let them boost all day for all I care. Some people act like they're taking criminals off the street. LMFAO!!

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to r8edtripx

When you have someone on your team who is spoonfeeding the enemy KEM strikes and Lokis to use against you, then you'd probably care. I honestly haven't come across any boosters or cheaters in this game, but that's probably because I only play Moshpit.

Level 22

in reply to r8edtripx

I don't believe I compared them to criminals at all? Did I say they should be arrested?

Just because you do not care that boosters are ruining the leaderboards, does not mean that thousands of other players do not also. I understand the whole argument, "It doesn't directly affect me, why should I care?", but I guess it just grinds my gears to see people who believe they can cheat the system and get away with it.

The moment companies stop caring about they legitimate player-base and allow boosters and hackers to get away with it is the moment where games stop becoming competitive and it because a race of who can cheat the system first to be on top.

Level 1

in reply to Xmitty

Xmitty wrote:

I don't believe I compared them to criminals at all? Did I say they should be arrested?

I didn't say you did. I said, "Some people..." - I stick by what I said too. It really does crack me up, the way SOME people go after boosters with such passion and waste so much of their own time tracking these guys down. IMO, these people are just as lame as the boosters themselves.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

Eh, it isn't a passion or anything. And it doesn't take much time. Considering many people play COD for hours on end, spending 10 minutes worrying about cheating isn't that much. I am sorry you are jaded against people who are against cheaters. I guess I don't understand why you would think people who want a cheat/hack free game experience are lame.

Level 1

in reply to Xmitty

Xmitty wrote:

Eh, it isn't a passion or anything.

Maybe you have a sense of balance, but...

I've been in these forums long enough to assure you that there is definite passion with some of these guys that stand against injustice and uphold all that is true by ridding us of these booster criminal-types.

Level 21

in reply to Xmitty

I agree that it should be pretty easy to remove the obviously boosted/hacked accounts from the leaderboards.  They don't affect me, or really bother me, but there is no point to the leaderboards if they are not cleaned up.  It's not like you really need to pay someone to actually monitor them.  Script it, remove obvious offenders from the boards, give them the chance to appeal.  Most won't bother as it's obvious from the stats they aren't legit.

Level 2

in reply to Xmitty

For a report to be valid, that means investigated AND banned a player must play the game against you AND cheat in that game. If you report him straight from the leaderboard for example that will NOT get him banned.

Activision gets 10s of thousands of reports a day and they dont have time to hunt down where they actually cheated in.

There is no auto ban. Every report is investigated by a person and if they have to work on one gamer for more than 20 to 30 seconds they will not ban him. It is not a simple task. They need actual evidence to ban a person.

Consider it like your neighbor smokes pot. Well if the cops investigate him and dont see pot on him (etc) then they cant arrest him.

They also do not ban people constantly, they handle it in waves, you can see that by the "why was I banned" threads in the forums.

And I doubt you get a booster in every other game, you may THINK you do but thats why they dont get banned because you THINK they boost. Every wrong report you file hurts your report rep and will put you at the bottom of the list. I have played since the game came out yet I have not seen a single booster. You want to know one reason why ? Because you dont have theater mode to prove it anymore. You just assume they were boosting.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

While I understand some of your points, the OP also has a valid point. They should easily be able to run a report of any player that earns more than X score per minute (or whatever the stat is that is entirely unrealistic and not humanly possible) and get that list of players. That is their proof. Investigate a few if needed (by monitoring some future games). Test the report before ever doing anything. Then, you have an automatic detection of those who are boosting. This can be done for Clans, it can be done for individuals. They have the data, they just aren't spending any time to create a system that can help detect those cheaters/boosters.

It doesn't catch everyone but it would catch the extreme cases. Personally I think they need another team that monitors all COD games and who's job is to monitor the players, handle all reports, and distribute the bans/punishments. Take that load off of IW/Treyarch. Make it so that they can come in and have specialized applications and reports that help them catch the people who are cheating/boosting. Have them track the proof. This team would not develop the games or anything and they would work with every COD game that is put out, not just every other one.

Level 33

Studios