Cheaters and Boosters - Anything Being Done?

Call of Duty Ghosts Xbox One

Highlighted

Re: Cheaters and Boosters - Anything Being Done?

in reply to Xmitty

Thanks mate    I'm more than aware of the infected lobbies on other platforms. But, yet to come across anyone saying they have been part of an infected lobby on the X1.

As a result of this thread I checked out the leaderboard (score) - what a shame. I noticed no.1 in the world obviously has a few accounts - and seems as though he is one of the sources of such hacking. Well I did what I thought best and reported him via Xbox with a little message attached to xbox. A few more people do the same and he shall have his console banned.

No sympathy from me. I do have sympathy thou for innocent gamers who have their stats ruined due to the great unwashed.

________
FalconR6 | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to Xmitty

no one care about this game i was on hc domination rank1 but some people making xp lobbys and if u report them nothings happen

Level 1

in reply to Xmitty

Thought of this when I was working out in the garage as an example.

Suppose you see a Gamertag "JoeSchmo" with a blue Avatar. Is it easy to see that its a violation ? Yes.

But now consider this. If you were a PET at Microsoft and you saw that would you ban him outright ? No. Policy states you must find out details.

So you look thru his history and see that he changed his Avatar to blue on July 10th 2012. Do you ban him yet ? No you cannot. You need to prove he was at fault. So you look thru his history and see he filed an Unauthorized Access that turned out to be true and the UA was from June 8th to June 12th.

So should he be banned ? No.

I know how frustrating it can be to see people on the leaderboards that modded games. Like some of those people on the leaderboards with the same basic name. They stand out like a sore thumb.Just as stupid as the people that passed the "Gamertag review test" that have violations in their names or the people that have Bios where they are selling game mods in their Bio. But they can only do so much.

Another example. Some of you who might have had a job working for a subsidiary of Apple (my second job experience ). You might remember how you had two seconds of listening to a "snippet" of someone saying "my phone broke" before you had to click that menu button saying Tech Support. You may remember how you had to go thru 200 snippets an hour to keep your job, etc. Well thats probably all time that Activision probably has.

They are doing their job. The forum shows it. But do they have enough people to keep up with it ? No and they never will. Just like every job out there like the guy who dropped out of high school who works at Subway alone during dinner rush because the manager is too cheap to hire help. Barely anyplace in this world has excellent service or quality. Its just the way things are. No one is going to go around as Micheal Knight and change the world for us.

This isnt anything new and trust me. Buying or NOT buying the game isnt going to stop them and is a thinly veiled threat. They dont care this year just like the other 8 years this series has been out. They do what they feel they need to do because it is THEIR game. Putting up another thread like all the others who complain about the same thing isnt going to make them work any harder or any faster. IF they get to it , great. If they dont does it really matter in the big gaming scheme of things ? No one is going to pass up others for a job position because you got to the top of the leaderboards. And if the guy in the sack race who cheated still gets the trophy whining about him cheating is not going to get you the trophy. People cheat everyday and they probably sleep well at night laughing their asses off before they go to bed. Does it bother me ? No. I play and live legit and am proud of myself for living that way. Let the cheaters cheat. When it comes down to it they cant cut it without cheating.

Level 72

in reply to Xmitty

Just to make you feel better, even soliciting mods will get you console banned. I will PM you OP if one of the ones I reported post in the XBL forums..

Console ban are you serious? - 09 - Xbox 360 Account Suspensions & Console Bans - Xbox 360 Support -...

Those forums are funny and MS does not mess around.

Level 72

in reply to Xmitty

In game I haven't noticed anything on xone. If your using the leaderboards to judge, don't. Those have ALWAYS been messed up in all the CoD's I have ever played.

Level 48

in reply to Xmitty

Identifying Boosters is easy code wise. There is an average number of times 1 player may kill any other payer in the game if you look at all the stats. That number will be a low average since your playing against hundres of thousands of people. If a person has 10x the average number of kills vs a single player in a single day, thier boosting. Either thier too lazy, just dont care, or want it to be possible.

Level 2

in reply to Reviewing

Actually they arent lazy and DO care.

Give you one well known example.

About two years ago one of their "flags" went off marking a player as a booster. One of the PETs assumed that just because he got 30 plants in a game they boosted.

The player got banned. Two weeks later after the player brought Microsoft into it to look at his stats it was shown he got 30 plants LEGIT. They had to unban him and they apologized online to the player for banning him.

So no an "auto system" would not work. So nope didnt work before.

You are acting like just because your neighbor smokes pot and never gets arrested that the cops let him get away with it. And it doesnt mean they condone it.

Level 72

in reply to Xmitty

To be honest they (BOOSTERS) are here and nothing will be done.I dont care what level they are the stuff they have as long as i know that i earned everything that i have honestly 

Level 7

Studios